Finals Week 1 - Your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say that's correct as it gives the top 4 the most rest between round 22 and next week. Tough luck for the Dogs though as they will only have 6 days before their semi final the following Saturday which could even be in Perth if Freo beat the Hawks, or would the Dogs host it in Melb? Somehow I think the Hawks will win though.
As will Geelong and Sydney.

Wrong. If we win we go to the MCG to play The Dogs. They have the double chance and the loser of WB/Coll gets to play the next game at home.

St. Kilda have the same break, you don't have to travel and you're playing for 2 weeks off. Who would you expect to be Friday night?

I was more referring to the loser of the pies/dogs game. But the OP's fixture is better, it gives the losers of the cats/saints and pies/dogs a longer recovery time for the second week of finals.

SCHEDULE FOR WEEK ONE OF THE AFL FINALS (all times local)

Friday, September 3

Second Qualifying Final, Geelong Cats v St Kilda at the MCG, 7.45pm

Saturday, September 4

Second Elimination Final, Fremantle v Hawthorn at Subiaco, 1.20pm

First Qualifying Final, Collingwood v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 7.20pm

Sunday, September 5

First Elimination Final, Sydney Swans v Carlton at ANZ Stadium, 2.40pm

From HS website
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/week-one-afl-finals-schedule/story-e6frf9jf-1225911333586

I'd say that's correct as it gives the top 4 the most rest between round 22 and next week. Tough luck for the Dogs though as they will only have 6 days before their semi final the following Saturday which could even be in Perth if Freo beat the Hawks, or would the Dogs host it in Melb? Somehow I think the Hawks will win though.

The dogs haven't lost, if they did they wouldn't play Freo, and if they did play Freo it would be in Melbourne.

IF the dogs lose, they still wont be travelling. Top 4 finish still guarantees them a melb game.

Wrong. If we win we go to the MCG to play The Dogs.

Nah if we win we play the loser of Geelong/Saints.

Gotta say if I had the choice I'd prefer to be on the other side of the draw and have Carlton first up followed by (probably) the Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally different team, Totally different venue. Should be a lot closer than most think but I'd still give the chocolates to Hawthorn only on experience.
Much prefer playing you guys than sydney, if we can keep the crowd quiet or dont let them get into our heads (which we have had a habit of doing the last 2 yrs) than we have more than enough talent to win.

Geelong vs St Kilda - 3 points

Fremantle vs Hawthorn - 9 points

Collingwood vs Footscray - 34 points

Sydney vs Carlton - 20 points

Very excited to start the finals and looking forward to a win over the Tanks. But quite confused at the scheduling though.

TBH after the start the hawks had to the season just happy to be able to make the finals, anything from here on in is a bonus. Like our chances against Freo but our form has been so haphazard this year anything could happen and they are really good at home and their crowd is truly loud when it gets going.

In other games
Cats
Collingwood
Sydney

I will make my precitions for the entire finals.

WEEK 1

FRI (N) - Geelong def St Kilda by 24 pts
SAT (D) - Hawthorn def Fremantle by 31 pts
SAT (N) - Collingwood def Western Bulldogs by 45 pts
SUN (D) - Sydney def Carlton by 8 pts

WEEK 2

FRI (N) - St Kilda def Hawthorn by 8 pts
SAT (N) - Western Bulldogs def Sydney by 43 pts

WEEK 3

FRI (N) - Geelong def Western Bulldogs by 30 pts
SAT (N) - Collingwood def St Kilda by 47 pts

GRAND FINAL

SAT (D) - Geelong def Collingwood by 28 pts

Only one day final at the MCG which is the Grand Final. First time ever.

Interesting that everyone seems to have written off the Blues already.....

I never expected us to go into next weeks game as favourites, but our form is solid over the past 4 weeks, and a large stadium such as ANZ will certainly play more into our favour than the Swans......

I think it will be 3 goals either way.

Cats to beat the Saints
Woods to destroy the Dogs (injuries have killed them, what might they give to still ave Aker?)
Freo to knock off the Hawks.

WEEK 1

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

GRAND FINAL

i have to agree with that :thumbsu:

WEEK 1

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

GRAND FINAL

Not bad, although week 2 could easily have the results go the other way in my book, with Hawthorn over Saints and Swans over Dogs. Irrelevant though as it will be a Geelong v Collingwood GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals Week 1 - Your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back