VoR

Club Legend
Mar 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AFL - Tiges | S14 - Force
Watching the Saints last night, I would not be too unhappy to be meeting them in the finals...especially after another road trip to Brisbane.

If we can get over the Swans (and our high possession game plan should) then we could be meeting the Saints in Melbourne the next week...not a bad prospect really.

Melbourne and the Saints seem to be the two who look vunerable in the top 4.

It will be a tough ask to beat Sydney over there but I think we are better prepared for the finals this year than the last two years. Also they weren't very impressive against Richmond but that could have been because they were holding players back.

Should we beat Sydney, playing Geelong or St Kilda at the MCG would be the preferred option.

coasting said:
It will be a tough ask to beat Sydney over there but I think we are better prepared for the finals this year than the last two years. Also they weren't very impressive against Richmond but that could have been because they were holding players back.

Should we beat Sydney, playing Geelong or St Kilda at the MCG would be the preferred option.

I dont know about St. Kilda, when we played them earlier on in the year we never looked like we were in the game at all. I wouldnt mind playing Brisbane or Port as we have shown that we're good enough to knock of the Lions at home and we probably shouldve beaten Port. But I dont think we have a tall enough backline to match it with the Saints big forwards.

We should beat Sydney, especially at the bigger Telstra Stadium.

Brisbane are beatable and we are narrowing the gap on Port. St Kilda have slipped since the disaster earlier this year and we've gone from strength to strength.

Good luck to us and we can kick some as$ in the finals !!

Voice of Reason said:
One week at a time, my suspiciously similar-sounding friend.

I was suprised with VoR's post as I couldn't see any of his usual "one week at a time" thing. Then I realized VoR wasn't really VoR. I think you should have copyrighted your abbreviation. :) Anyway I suspect Essendon will beat Melbourne next week so I hope we can at least beat Sydney so we don't finish the season in 8th place AGAIN.

One advantage we have with the saints is that we will at least play them at the MCG rather than Telstra dome. I assume that due to the finals rule both of the week 2 finals would be played at the MCG. I think we've got a much better chance playing against them at the G than at the Dome..... when was the last time we played the Saints at the G anyway?? I haven't really paid attention much to St Kilda this year, but from what I hear apparently they play very differently outside the Dome?

EscapeHere said:
One advantage we have with the saints is that we will at least play them at the MCG rather than Telstra dome. I assume that due to the finals rule both of the week 2 finals would be played at the MCG. I think we've got a much better chance playing against them at the G than at the Dome..... when was the last time we played the Saints at the G anyway?? I haven't really paid attention much to St Kilda this year, but from what I hear apparently they play very differently outside the Dome?

They seem to like the Dome as shown in their results this year.

We've never played them at the MCG. They don't have the legs of the Eagles, which means a place like the MCG is good for us :D

They struggled against Freo last night, which is promising.

Ruddiger said:
They seem to like the Dome as shown in their results this year.

We've never played them at the MCG. They don't have the legs of the Eagles, which means a place like the MCG is good for us :D

They struggled against Freo last night, which is promising.

none of that's relivant to us unless we beat Sydney this week, which won't be a walk in the park by any means. i know the teams in good form but lets not get ahead of ourselves, Sydney have been in good form too.

I think this year we have much much much more change than the last few years. We are in form and looks like we'll have Sydney, an average team, Saints, a bit out of form and Port the chokers. Brisbane in the GF will be the hardest game this year, but we did beat them at the gabba. Anything is possible.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell...I've been VoR on the old ABC Cricket Forum and C4 since about 1999...and I never knew there was another round these parts...

Geonet said:
I was suprised with VoR's post as I couldn't see any of his usual "one week at a time" thing. Then I realized VoR wasn't really VoR. I think you should have copyrighted your abbreviation. :) .

Agree... this sad imposter has been trolling around, giving the original VoR a bad name. Long live the one and only VoR (yes all is forgiven my friend... keep smiling and remember always to focus on feeling good after a win!! ;) ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a supporter, I don't mind the term Weagles being used. It would be a bit petty to cry over the use of the word Weagles. Would make us look like Port Adelaide.

Voice of Reason said:
The temptation is almost overwhelming, but............I do feel good after all these wins recently.

Will the real VoR please stand up.

Actually, it's easy to tell them apart - play "Grand old Flag" and watch which one stands to attention with hand on heart and tears welling in his eyes.

ozzult said:
As a supporter, I don't mind the term Weagles being used. It would be a bit petty to cry over the use of the word Weagles. Would make us look like Port Adelaide.

It is better that West Coast ********##s, I suppose. (See chapter on 1992 GF in Jako's book, Zealous and Bold, available at all good bookshops).

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back