Firrito on Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

BF Tiger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Will the MRP look at Firrito punching Buddy squarely in the back of the head?

About half way through the last quarter and Buddy has left Firrito for dead. He leaps and takes the mark only for Firrito to come in with poorly disguised and late "spoiling" fist that gets nowhere near the ball in Buddy's outstretched hands, but lands right in the back of Buddy's head.

I don't think Buddy was too happy about it at the time and in the post-match mentioned that he had an egg on the back of his head.

Probably will be considered insufficient force, but personally I think it was ugly and totally unnecessary.

Will the MRP look at Firrito punching Buddy squarely in the back of the head?

About half way through the last quarter and Buddy has left Firrito for dead. He leaps and takes the mark only for Firrito to come in with poorly disguised and late "spoiling" fist that gets nowhere near the ball in Buddy's outstretched hands, but lands right in the back of Buddy's head.

I don't think Buddy was too happy about it at the time and in the post-match mentioned that he had an egg on the back of his head.

Probably will be considered insufficient force, but personally I think it was ugly and totally unnecessary.
Pfft no, if they only charged Waite and others with a fine, then that's all he'll get. Will Goodes get one smacking MacMillian just below the throat, no, so neither should this one. Happens a few times a round.

Pfft no, if they only charged Waite and others with a fine, then that's all he'll get. Will Goodes get one smacking MacMillian just below the throat, no, so neither should this one. Happens a few times a round.

So what was the difference out of curiosity of Firrito's and the late hit of Lewis on Goldstein

So what was the difference out of curiosity of Firrito's and the late hit of Lewis on Goldstein
Do we really need to go into that one, you and l both know what the differences are between them. Was it stupid of both of them yes, go to other threads and nothing l will say will convince you otherwise.

One the media have played down (just some Danny Frawley treatment) one they call a dog act. Neither were really anywhere near the ball.

Do we really need to go into that one, you and l both know what the differences are between them. Was it stupid of both of them yes, go to other threads and nothing l will say will convince you otherwise.

I have no interest in seeing Firrito rubbed out, I was just trying to determine the differences so you will need to enlighten me. Both were late, both were to the head - it's just amusing the difference in the commentary especially considering how much "attention" Firrito was giving buddy all night

I have no interest in seeing Firrito rubbed out, I was just trying to determine the differences so you will need to enlighten me. Both were late, both were to the head - it's just amusing the difference in the commentary especially considering how much "attention" Firrito was giving buddy all night
Buddy initiated just as much, I don't know. The eye sees what it wants to see with mrp incidents.

Yeo got one week for making a genuine attempt at spoiling the marking contest, which unfortunately clipped a player.
IMO this is a lot worse.

This was just a blatant, deliberate punch in the back of the head. Got nowhere near the ball. There should be action on this.

If it happened in the street & he was put in hospital it would be assault as per the new laws, if it was intentional it was a week as piss act.

If it happened in the street & he was put in hospital it would be assault as per the new laws, if it was intentional it was a week as piss act.
What the f? Buddy was pushing and shoving people all night, but he could have put some in the hospital so we better ban him, do you know how stupid this sounds. The fact is he didn't, wasn't massively hurt by the incident and made him earn a mark within a split second of a marking contest. Fine at best.Defenders have done stuff like this since the invention of the sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the f? Buddy was pushing and shoving people all night, but he could have put some in the hospital so we better ban him, do you know how stupid this sounds. The fact is he didn't, wasn't massively hurt by the incident and made him earn a mark within a split second of a marking contest. Fine at best.Defenders have done stuff like this since the invention of the sport

It was a king hit to the back of the head, not pushing & shoving, it was not a good look IMO & I thought we have moved on a lot of the thuggery that was in the sport.

This is just BS. He didn't make Buddy earn anything. Buddy always had that mark wrapped up and Firrito just came in late when the contest was effectively over.

$1500 fine, what an absolute joke. It was a deliberate strike to the back of the head. Such a strike is not even allowed in the UFC, a league/sport in which you expect to be striked. The AFL had the opportunity to send a signal that those putting themselves in vulnerable/defenceless situations by going for the ball will be protected, and it failed to do so.

Not sure how it was graded as careless as opposed to intentional. MRP video says that it is Firrito second strike this season. One more pea-hearted strike and he'll be suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Firrito on Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back