HF - Lindsay Thomas - Robert Tarrant - Ben Cunnington
FF - Lachlan Hansen - Drew Petrie - Brent Harvey
F - Todd Goldstein - Andrew Swallow - Jack Ziebell
Int - Matt Campbell, Samuel Wright, Ryan Bastinac, Kieran Harper

--

No Late Changes

Game start in a few hours, Go Roos!

Kangas will smash em.

Really like Norths team today, only one out that i can see from their best 22. Their form is as good as West Coasts if not better in the latter half of the season. Both got touched up by Fremantle yet i think to many people are reading into the GWS result which essentially was a dead game with North having zero incentive to give 100%

Need big games from Grima, Zeibell and Petrie from Norths perspective

Goal either way the prediction

2012 finalists' experience
Games Finals Finals debutants
Collingwood 130.5 10.9 1
Sydney Swans 126.5 7.3 1
Geelong 120.7 9.8 5
West Coast 116.1 6.2 1
Hawthorn 105.2 5.6 2
Fremantle 97 2.6 6
Adelaide 96.7 3.4 9
North Melbourne 94.9 1.95 13

^This makes me nervous, but still excited to see how we go.

Really like Norths team today, only one out that i can see from their best 22. Their form is as good as West Coasts if not better in the latter half of the season. Both got touched up by Fremantle yet i think to many people are reading into the GWS result which essentially was a dead game with North having zero incentive to give 100%

Need big games from Grima, Zeibell and Petrie from Norths perspective

Goal either way the prediction

North had the opportunity to stay in Melbourne and play Geelong at the MCG, instead of travelling west. Freo would've been more than happy to accomodate that too.

Certainly wasn't a dead game for them.

I'll ask you this then, given the choice who do you think the 6 other finalists would rather play, West Coast or Geelong?

I'll ask you this then, given the choice who do you think the 6 other finalists would rather play, West Coast or Geelong?

I'll ask you this instead.

Playing Geelong away from Kardinia Park, versus travelling to a venue where the home side are near invincible against Victorian teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a poor arguement to use Kardinia Park as a certain team has won 3 grand finals at the G in the last 5 years which i'm fairly sure is quite a bit more menacing then West Coasts achievements.

2012 finalists' experience
Games Finals Finals debutants
Collingwood 130.5 10.9 1
Sydney Swans 126.5 7.3 1
Geelong 120.7 9.8 5
West Coast 116.1 6.2 1
Hawthorn 105.2 5.6 2
Fremantle 97 2.6 6
Adelaide 96.7 3.4 9
North Melbourne 94.9 1.95 13

^This makes me nervous, but still excited to see how we go.

Yeah we have 13 finals debutants
West Coast have only 1

Will be a good learning experience though.

That's a poor arguement to use Kardinia Park as a certain team has won 3 grand finals at the G in the last 5 years which i'm fairly sure is quite a bit more menacing then West Coasts achievements.

The point is that the MCG is a better venue for sides playing against Geelong than KP.

How about West Coast's formline at Subi against travelling clubs?

I'd argue that North tried their best in the GWS game, but just simply came up short of what was required.

We'll know a lot more about a dozen or so young men in North Melbourne jumpers by the end of this day.

This test has come at the right time.
More of a mid-term exam though, at this point, to see how we're tracking. I wouldn't be calling pass or fails on the basis of today, no matter what the outcome is. Regardless, I think we'll see a much more switched on performance than that of the past two weeks. Whether they can handle the heat in the Subi kitchen is another matter.

The point is that the MCG is a better venue for sides playing against Geelong than KP.

How about West Coast's formline at Subi against travelling clubs?

I'd argue that North tried their best in the GWS game, but just simply came up short of what was required.
Did you actually watch the game?

Gunna be a warm day in Perth today, weather forecast is 29 C. Game will be played right in the middle of the afternoon. I imagine the Eagles will cope better with those conditions.

North had the opportunity to stay in Melbourne and play Geelong at the MCG, instead of travelling west. Freo would've been more than happy to accomodate that too.

Certainly wasn't a dead game for them.

It wasn't a dead rubber, but as a group we lacked the maturity to keep focused after the relief of securing our spot I feel, because previous to that we played in about 8 or 9 week period were every game other than the West Coast game meant losing would have seen us out of the 8.

We didn't play a great game vs Dogs or Dees either but turned it on when we ran into Essendon and Collingwood, so I am hoping we can re-focus after not playing great footy.

As for today, I just want us to be competitive and have a red hot crack, anything more is a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

First Elimination Final - West Coast vs. North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back