Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard rumours that it's a condition of any visa into UAE that if you become a billionaire you have to buy an English football club and start lobbying for financial reform in football.:D:D

So for years the likes of City & Chelsea can skirt the rules by selling academy players and stretching contract lengths but as soon as Everton try to play the rules by doing swaps with Villa, there are warnings sent out to clubs?

Also what is so fraudulent about what we did? We essentially did a swap deal with Villa, we still lost a player. The PL can get stuffed with their continued attempts to spite the smaller clubs who do anything to catch up to the Big 6.

So for years the likes of City & Chelsea can skirt the rules by selling academy players and stretching contract lengths but as soon as Everton try to play the rules by doing swaps with Villa, there are warnings sent out to clubs?

Also what is so fraudulent about what we did? We essentially did a swap deal with Villa, we still lost a player. The PL can get stuffed with their continued attempts to spite the smaller clubs who do anything to catch up to the Big 6.

Between you and Ossie I'm not convinced you actually know what the rules are. You can't seriously say that because Chelsea get good fees for their youth players Everton should be allowed to sell their players for the same fee?

Between you and Ossie I'm not convinced you actually know what the rules are. You can't seriously say that because Chelsea get good fees for their youth players Everton should be allowed to sell their players for the same fee?
I am assuming from your comment that you believe Everton have done something wrong, I’d love for you to tell me what we’ve done wrong without just attacking.

I am assuming from your comment that you believe Everton have done something wrong, I’d love for you to tell me what we’ve done wrong without just attacking.

I mean it says in that post. Selling youth players like Dobbin with one League One season under his belt for a 9m fee to Aston Villa and in turn buying a player with a bit more than half a season of Championship football for the same fee. Ossie cited Harwood-Bellis who had two full seasons (and two promotions from the Championship as comparable which is ludicrous.

I mean it says in that post. Selling youth players like Dobbin with one League One season under his belt for a 9m fee to Aston Villa and in turn buying a player with a bit more than half a season of Championship football for the same fee. Ossie cited Harwood-Bellis who had two full seasons (and two promotions from the Championship as comparable which is ludicrous.

Wait until the inevitable meltdown that follows when Tyler Morton is sold for 20m+.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dobbin played a few premier league games last season and looked fine at the level as a youth player, scored a banging goal against Chelsea to win the game.

I can’t speak for the Villa player but Dobbin for 10m is not completely outlandish. He isn’t some 33 year old retired vet.

Hardly think we’ve cheated the system. If we had sold an 18 yr old kid with no prem experience, you’d have my vote.

Dobbin played a few premier league games last season and looked fine at the level as a youth player, scored a banging goal against Chelsea to win the game.

I can’t speak for the Villa player but Dobbin for 10m is not completely outlandish. He isn’t some 33 year old retired vet.

Hardly think we’ve cheated the system. If we had sold an 18 yr old kid with no prem experience, you’d have my vote.

It's not cheating, it's going against the spirit of the rules by directly selling to each other rather than doing a straight player swap (because that wouldn't help PSR).

It's not cheating, it's going against the spirit of the rules by directly selling to each other rather than doing a straight player swap (because that wouldn't help PSR).
**** the spirit of the rules. The rules are designed to let the rich get richer.

If they've figured out a way to make this beneficial for each club, so be it. It's not like player swaps were all that common previously.

Football isn't a fair sport. It doesn't give teams an equal shot. Let them try and work through that.

**** the spirit of the rules. The rules are designed to let the rich get richer.

If they've figured out a way to make this beneficial for each club, so be it. It's not like player swaps were all that common previously.

Football isn't a fair sport. It doesn't give teams an equal shot. Let them try and work through that.

And they haven't been punished?

Can’t say I’m comfortable with what we did. Just selling and buying humans like they’re crops with no footballing purpose behind the deals.

I don’t like what the big clubs do or how they’re protected by the systems in place, but fans are way too comfortable letting rubbish like this happen if it might make the team better or some other club did it first. I’d rather Everton stay shit but be a club you can get behind rather than become another accounts FC.

Not sure many clubs in the Premier League care for the "spirit of the rules".

Provided we aren't doing anything illegal, it's fine in my book. If the Prem wants to change rules based on this, it'll at least affect the Top 6 hopefully.

You voted for the rules.

Selling academy players isn't skirting the rules fwiw. Either is having long contracts.

You voted for the rules.

Selling academy players isn't skirting the rules fwiw. Either is having long contracts.
Exactly, so why the fuss from the league now that Everton is trying to do similar?

Exactly, so why the fuss from the league now that Everton is trying to do similar?
What's the fuss?

No deal has been vetoed, none are likely to be vetoed

I dont have a problem with what Everton are doing, but it's nothing similar to what we've done. Everton supporters need to stop blaming other clubs for their issues with the rules.

What's the fuss?

No deal has been vetoed, none are likely to be vetoed

I dont have a problem with what Everton are doing, but it's nothing similar to what we've done. Everton supporters need to stop blaming other clubs for their issues with the rules.
The main issue is that one club is allowed to stall out 115 charges, while other minor level clubs get the hammer immediately.

The PL has written to teams saying to stop trying to play PSR, after 'Everton' have tried to do just that. I didn't see any emails when Chelsea signed massive contracts to do similar.

We have every right to feel aggrieved as supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back