Footballers who were disloyal and chased the almighty dollar

Remove this Banner Ad

Chewy

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No one likes greedy footballers who put a few coins ahead of the jumper or their mates

Who were some of the worst culprits?

I'll start the ball rolling...

MNeagleSydney.jpg

Turned his back on his Bomber mates and further premiership glory
Seduced by Geoff Edelsten's grubby money. Or was it the pink helicopter and Leanne's creamy thighs?

I agree with Roy Keane - if you expect loyalty you have to give it. Clubs treat players like pieces of meat. They trade them if they don't want them, or they cut them. Every year someone gets betrayed by the club they played for and de-listed despite not wanting to be. All this after the club screaming about loyalty and mateship and 'team'. So, what do you expect?

Bernard Toohey, David Bolton and another bloke, one Greg Williams, all flew the koop from catland at the end of 1986. All dazzled by the dollars on offer north of the border in sin city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iirc, Salmon was on the outer with Essendon and its fans when he asked to be traded to the Hawks. He wanted to ruck didnt he but Essendon wanted him at full forward???? Something like that.
I dont think it was about money.

My nomination would be Spider Everitt.

Iirc, Salmon was on the outer with Essendon and its fans when he asked to be traded to the Hawks. He wanted to ruck didnt he but Essendon wanted him at full forward???? Something like that.
I dont think it was about money.

My nomination would be Spider Everitt.

I know, I was just stirring Chewy. ;)

Anyway, Salmon was recruited as a forward from North Ringwood, where he played FF, he wanted the Bombers to give him the number one ruck position over Simon Madden, was never going to happen.

MMmmm ahh maybe um well, nah can't think of any from the Eagles.
Oh wait JUDDDDYY, was out of contract yes but all that means is you RE-SIGN not leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footballers who were disloyal and chased the almighty dollar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back