Footscray VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

18 AFL listed players named, obviously this includes some names at AFL level until squads are trimmed today but bloody hell, that’s stacked

Don’t want to complain to much as we have a feed, but it’s weird with no sound from the ground…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the words going Schache was tried as defender later this game, how did he go? Chance to play that in the first soon?

So the words going Schache was tried as defender later this game, how did he go? Chance to play that in the first soon?
Played in defence 3rd quarter against the wind. Took a bunch of uncontested marks. He's never gonna make it as an AFL forward but I saw a bit of Lever in him today.
They should persist.

Sounds like it was only for a while in the third quarter when we were defending against the wind. Glad they had a look though.

Played in defence 3rd quarter against the wind. Took a bunch of uncontested marks. He's never gonna make it as an AFL forward but I saw a bit of Lever in him today.
They should persist.
Sounds like it was only for a while in the third quarter when we were defending against the wind. Glad they had a look though.

Schache went back in Q3 and had 2 intercept marks (1 contested), 3 disposals, and 1 spoil.

Oddball, leftfield observation from the game:
If this was an U18 National Competition game and as a recruiter you were looking for a tall forward talent, you'd be mad to select Jamarra over Schache.
I know it's a throwaway comment but from Josh's point of view you'd certainly hope so. He has 5-6 years of additional development.

I know it's a throwaway comment but from Josh's point of view you'd certainly hope so. He has 5-6 years of additional development.

Agreed. Schache is 5 years older and should by now have the understanding what it takes to be an AFL footballer. Jamarra has lost a year of development before he was drafted and has next to no idea what it actually takes to be an AFL player as of right now. I think the comment above is a bit unfair.

I admit to being disappointed with Jamarra so far though. I never expected him to be destroying games, but I don't think his head is in the game to start with. He got a serve at quarter time and rightly so. It's encouraging to see him improve as the game went on though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back