2nds Footscray vs Richmond @WO Sat 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyds starting to excite me... wish he was playing tonight

any updates on his overall game from people there?

In the car with the heater turned to 11. My thoughts fwiw.

Physicality is still a bit of a concern for mine especially when it hits the ground and he relies totally on leeping and catching the ball at its highest point, which means he is buffeted off it early and knocked out of the contest.

Having said that he played predominant through the middle of the ground, moved well, got to the right spots (often missed by teammates) and took 3 great marks (even if only two were paid) in the last .

Last edited:

Physicality is still a bit of a concern for mine especially when it hits the ground and relies totally on leeping and catching the ball at its highest point, which means he is buffeted off it early and knocked out of the contest.

Having said that he played predominant through the middle of the ground, moved well, got to the right spots (often missed by teammates) and took 3 great marks (even if only two were paid) in the last .
Thanks mate. sounds like still quite a lot to work with but at least his main strengths are starting to show consistently.

Physicality is still a bit of a concern for mine especially when it hits the ground and relies totally on leeping and catching the ball at its highest point, which means he is buffeted off it early and knocked out of the contest.

Pretty basic skill errors cost us quite a few times as well I thought. So many turnovers!

Thanks mate. sounds like still quite a lot to work with but at least his main strengths are starting to show consistently.

His reputation a a bit of a lumberer is not really deserved. Probably the first time that I didn't notice him really blowing when he came to the bench. His mobility was the thing that I took out of my he game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His reputation a a bit of a lumberer is not really deserved. Probably the first time that I didn't notice him really blowing when he came to the bench. His mobility was the thing that I took out of my he game.
It easy to look slow and lumbering when you're out of breath.

very vickeryish, boyd got better as the game went on, dogs had a great come from behind win. nothing to see here.

Impressive effort considering how much experience they had in .
Thought Minson and Dunkley dominant, but although Honey got a lot of ball, he was sloppy with it .Never seen a player more cooked than Maric , and bit sad how he's fallen .
Vickery did his usual finger pointing, then he had the audacity to have a crack at one of our boys ducking their head in a marking contest.
Bit like he did in Adelaide a week earlier .

Great conditions for footy, no wind and dry ground.

Richmond played tough contested footy and should have been at leats six goals up at half time because the Dogs were poor, crap decision making, poor disposal and no hunger for the contest. After half time a rejuvenated Dogs team turned this around and played better footy to win the game

Badger and Dunkley best IMO. Badger was tough and relentless won lots of the footy but butchered a few. Dunkley is all class, clean hands good decisions and execution.

Boyd was good, played ruck and forward, but I expected better in the conditions but positive signs. He moves well and gets into the right position and has a footy brain. Needs a huge dose of confidence and he will get on a roll.

Hamilton did very little and look intimidated. Dale flashed in and out of the game but not enough. Roarke was good and is coming back from his acl nicely.

Minson was a typical game and was ok. The two dinosaurs Maric and Minson went head to head in the ruck and on many occasions they bustled each other with neither jumping off the ground. Minson is not our answer to our rucking in the AFL.

Collins, Cordy and Hamling were solid in defence but nothing outstanding. Cordy is a very good negating defender but has lost his ability to win the ball and offensive run.

Pretty ordinary game by the Scray to be honest. The first half was a case of the lights were up, but no one was home.

Poor skill execution, tiges didn't put enough scoreboard on and we eventually found a way. Thought Will Minson and the Hayes boy were important in the win. Boyd was ok, on what was a difficult day for our forwards due to the way we moved the footy. Honeychurch was one of the better users.

Struggling the scary, much like the seniors, they guts it out, but they need to improve their skills.

Collins, Cordy and Hamling were solid in defence but nothing outstanding. Cordy is a very good negating defender but has lost his ability to win the ball and offensive run.

Not good to hear. Cordy and Hamling should be a lot better given they've been in the system awhile.

Looks like we'll be struggling for tall defenders again next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Footscray vs Richmond @WO Sat 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back