2nds Footscray vs Richmond @WO Sat 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Boyd played a very solid game. Loved his ruck work getting into some good position against a top tier ruckman.
His contests around the ruck was very good as well, when he lands the tackle no one is breaking them and his forward craft was good as well.
Should have had 3+ goals but had too much popcorn before the game and his hands were butters.

laI5ZEZ.png

R5V2aoW.png

Great conditions for footy, no wind and dry ground.

Richmond played tough contested footy and should have been at leats six goals up at half time because the Dogs were poor, crap decision making, poor disposal and no hunger for the contest. After half time a rejuvenated Dogs team turned this around and played better footy to win the game

Badger and Dunkley best IMO. Badger was tough and relentless won lots of the footy but butchered a few. Dunkley is all class, clean hands good decisions and execution.

Boyd was good, played ruck and forward, but I expected better in the conditions but positive signs. He moves well and gets into the right position and has a footy brain. Needs a huge dose of confidence and he will get on a roll.

Hamilton did very little and look intimidated. Dale flashed in and out of the game but not enough. Roarke was good and is coming back from his acl nicely.

Minson was a typical game and was ok. The two dinosaurs Maric and Minson went head to head in the ruck and on many occasions they bustled each other with neither jumping off the ground. Minson is not our answer to our rucking in the AFL.

Collins, Cordy and Hamling were solid in defence but nothing outstanding. Cordy is a very good negating defender but has lost his ability to win the ball and offensive run.
He could of been pretty disappointed with the player group not allowing him to play. Bit of a kick in the guts imo

My lord Dunkley's stats...

Minson seemed to rack them up without being named in the bests? Against Maric too...? Must have been cheapies.

what happened to Declan Hamilton?? He get hurt or just not near it??

How was Dale's game?? Decent stat line (not that it means much of course).

Dale was only just Fronk. Gone backwards at a fair rate on what he showed last year.
Hamilton is a fair way off , don't know what to make of him.
Both these blokes are typical light bodied outside players. Don't think its in their dna to win contested footy.

I'm disappointed with how Hamilton has gone. I had big wraps on him, and a month or two ago he had 3-4 weeks where he was showing good form, but in the last month he's actually reduced his performance.

As others say he's got a few more games why we should invest another year of development into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Footscray vs Richmond @WO Sat 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back