Footy is back... as is Foxfooty..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you can. As soon as you realise footy goes for only half the year, it's easy to watch the soccer online, and everything on the other channels is just re-run every nine months.

But I stay for the UFC, Boxing, Super Rugby, European Rugby , NZ rugby, Rugby league, International Cricket, A league, EPL, LA LIGA, MLS, NFL, NHL, MLB, Surfing, fishing, Horse racing, Tennis etc, etc, etc .

I hate Foxtel and refuse to subside a bunch of horse shit channels I will never watch just because I want to watch the footy. I have the afl mobile season pass which is only $90 and can feed the stream through to my tv and can watch games on my phone or tablet when I am not at home.

Its possible to know stuff without being a company shill.

Just seems this thread is essentially a carbon copy of the one from last week, which was paid.

Even the way the OP is phrased and every "pro" Fox Footy post, seems very corporate.

I think I'm within my rights to ask if any of the posters in this thread are being paid for comment.

Just seems this thread is essentially a carbon copy of the one from last week, which was paid.

Even the way the OP is phrased and every "pro" Fox Footy post, seems very corporate.

I think I'm within my rights to ask if any of the posters in this thread are being paid for comment.

You can see conspiracy anywhere if you want to.

You can see conspiracy anywhere if you want to.

Conspiracy is a secret plan to do something unlawful or harmful, companies pay people all the time to promote their products, directly and indirectly. Marketing is a very effective tool and I wouldn't put it past any large company to pay people to push non-corporate messages, people seem to trust other people more than they do corporate advertising.

I hope fox are giving the fans a bonus this year - no AFL 360 and just replay the best quarters of footy from the weekend in 360s place.

footy is better than not footy. 360 is not footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got me, I only got modship here because I'm a paid shill from Foxtel.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying we had an identical thread to this last week (which we knew to be paid as it was disclosed) with the exact same ad in the OP.

The thread should be merged or deleted at the very least. In addition to that, imo there is a reasonable likelihood that if Fox Footy were going to "pay for comment" on any internet forum, it would be this one. And we should be mindful of that considering Rupert Murdoch's general lack of ethics.

I'd just like to repeat, I WOULD TAKE A PAY CHEQUE FOR TELLING PEOPLE I HAVE FOXTEL STRICTLY FOR FOX FOOTY.

It's true and I'm poor - You scratch my back FOX & I'll scratch yours. ;)

I have forwarded your not-so-subtle request to Rupert.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying we had an identical thread to this last week (which we knew to be paid as it was disclosed) with the exact same ad in the OP.

The thread should be merged or deleted at the very least. In addition to that, imo there is a reasonable likelihood that if Fox Footy were going to "pay for comment" on any internet forum, it would be this one. And we should be mindful of that considering Rupert Murdoch's general lack of ethics.

It's true we do rely on advertisements.

But what you're suggesting about the thread being filled with 'paid posters' is blatantly false. Of course, I'm not Chief, but BF don't just only promote Fox-related things, and in regards to the thread merge/deletion, plenty of duplicate threads exist on the main board and this is no exception.

I get it mainly for the HD. Seven should be stricken from the airwaves for broadcasting the Grand Final in standard definition (the only game not simultaneously covered by Fox).

If you have decent internet connection and aren't a HD slave like myself then the AFL Live Official App seems like better value for money ($90 for the whole year vs $50-$84 per month for foxtel depending on the deal you get).

But I can't give up that glorious HD.
Can you slave that to a big tv via laptop/ipad? What about the internet charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back