Footy is back... as is Foxfooty..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this thread seriously just one big ad?

How many posters here are being paid for their "opinion" ?

Or the people here could be trying to share the pleasures of live football with no delayed telecast, more games and dedicated football shows over generic television with constant ad breaks after every single goal. People satisfied with their product will almost always recommend it to others ( unless its a niche market/weird)

Can you slave that to a big tv via laptop/ipad? What about the internet charges?

You could watch it on a big telly by connecting it to a laptop with a hdmi cable. I don't know what the quality would be like.

It does use your Internet data, but I think it's unmetered (free) for Telstra Bigpond customers.

Don't bother with streaming Foxtel services via T-Box or Smart TV or whatever.

That should go without saying, but there it is anyway.

Thanks all. .. Was hoping for a bit more whately vs lyon details. .. commentator comparisons etc.

The hd appeals greatly.

May need to convince the missus it will make a great birthday present.

Thanks all. .. Was hoping for a bit more whately vs lyon details. .. commentator comparisons etc.

This might be controversial, but I get pretty addicted to catching AFL360 every day during the season. For all their flaws Robbo and Gerard have a refreshing lack of TV polish which I think goes over really well, and the show is loose, entertaining and passionate.

Come at me, haters. ;)

This might be controversial, but I get pretty addicted to catching AFL360 every day during the season. For all their flaws Robbo and Gerard have a refreshing lack of TV polish which I think goes over really well, and the show is loose, entertaining and passionate.

Come at me, haters. ;)
Ive enjoyed pieces I've caught when traveling and in hotel rooms. But it's footy so you watch. I'm hearing they compare favorably to caro then?

Ive enjoyed pieces I've caught when traveling and in hotel rooms. But it's footy so you watch. I'm hearing they compare favorably to caro then?

Apples and oranges, really. But I'm a Caro fan too.

I'm not saying that.

I'm saying we had an identical thread to this last week (which we knew to be paid as it was disclosed) with the exact same ad in the OP.

The thread should be merged or deleted at the very least. In addition to that, imo there is a reasonable likelihood that if Fox Footy were going to "pay for comment" on any internet forum, it would be this one. And we should be mindful of that considering Rupert Murdoch's general lack of ethics.
It kinda says 'sponsored post' bottom right of the op. Anyway.

The hd appeals greatly.

May need to convince the missus it will make a great birthday present.

Foxtel show the game no matter what channel do the commentary. The talking shows are just opinions from people much like this place, they all become the same.
On Monday's AFL 360 talk about and show the same stuff as On the Couch ,which is the same as Talking Footy and the same as Footy classified. The only difference I see is some of the commentators seem to like footy like AFL 360 and the some like Footy Classified don't seem to like Footy and always look to the scandal or what's wrong with Footy.

I wish I got paid to watch footy, I am an amateur I pay to play.

You could watch it on a big telly by connecting it to a laptop with a hdmi cable. I don't know what the quality would be like.

It does use your Internet data, but I think it's unmetered (free) for Telstra Bigpond customers.
As an Ex telstra Tech employee, I can confirm that on Telstra/Bigpond Internet connections, Foxtel is free in regards to usage. This also includes the Mobile Wifi connections (4G etc...).

Another good thing is that with a Foxtel connection (be it over Xbox or IQ) you also get access to it on your phone or tablet free of charge. This (combined with the use of a Telstra/Bigpond 4G connection) means you can watch footy where ever you have service, and it doesn't go through all your usage.

Was a god send when I moved back from Cairns to Melbourne. Just hooked up my Xbox at the hotels on the way down and turned on my Modem, and Boom! Foxtel on the go! Plus my mrs could also hook up to the modem on the tablet and we could watch 2 different things at once.

I wonder if Rupert is paying attention to my posts.

Foxtel is very expensive for what it is, especially when you have no interest in a 100 repeats of the Simpsons.

But the fox footy product is sublime. Every single game live in HD, no adds siren to siren.

If you are a true footy fan, you don't have a choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel is very expensive for what it is, especially when you have no interest in a 100 repeats of the Simpsons.

But the fox footy product is sublime. Every single game live in HD, no adds siren to siren.

If you are a true footy fan, you don't have a choice.
You need to know how to work the system. ;) Tell them what you're willing to pay, and if they can get anywhere near that price, you'll take it, otherwise you won't. More often than not - they'll give you a promo price for 6 months, then it'll revert to standard charges - call them up before it reverts, and tell them you'll cancel unless they keep it at that price for the same package and they SHOULD do it - otherwise - cancel it and they lose a customer.

Can you slave that to a big tv via laptop/ipad? What about the internet charges?
I got on to this late last year and found that you can get the subscription to the app for iPhone or iPad and throw to TV using Apple TV. The quality is passable only, but I simply cannot warrant paying $700 a year to watch about a dozen exclusive games for my team. I appreciate there are other benefits but I simply don't have the time these days to take advantage of them.

So I am currently waiting for the 2014 app to appear to make sure they haven't shut down the ability to use Apple TV and if not that is the way I will go this year. Presume it will be in the next few days??

FYI, I tried Foxtel Go last year and was unable to get it to work with Apple TV. I could get sound but no vision.

I've just subscribed to Foxtel primarily for the footy and the IQ timeshifting/recording capability, but I'm also interested in cycling and the EPL. I've got no interest in the 50 channels o'crap you have to take anyway to get the sports package. I haven't paid the extra $10/month for HD but will probably be tempted at some stage.

If you can wait a year, I'll let you know how it works out.

I've just subscribed to Foxtel primarily for the footy and the IQ timeshifting/recording capability, but I'm also interested in cycling and the EPL. I've got no interest in the 50 channels o'crap you have to take anyway to get the sports package. I haven't paid the extra $10/month for HD but will probably be tempted at some stage.

If you can wait a year, I'll let you know how it works out.
I have standard Def too - it's fine unless you're one of those picky pricks.

Foxtel is so full of crap.

500 channels and you scan through the channels and there will be maybe one or two quality shows on at any given time.

Often further inspection reveals the two quality shows are reruns.

They've gone down the quantity over quality route from day one and the result is a lousy experience with one or highlights only.

You can't pick your channels, only your packages, so you end up with so much crap even when you specifically just want the movie channels or fox footy.

On top of this it's slaughtered with advertising, despite the monthly subscription fee.

They need to check out the sbs and abc iPad apps and realise that the way forward is play on demand. Find a way to charge people for the things they want and not for the things they don't want and it might have some value.

I'm absolutely worn with usage of my Hawks remote. Or is that the remote is worn.. !

Can't wait for the new games rather than just watching us win every game...

Can I have a twenty dollar discount on my subscription? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back