Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Calm down.

He is merely saying that societal expectation that women should not be subjected to violence relies on a certain expectation of conduct on the womans part as well.

I'm sure we've all seen incidents at clubs where a guy is getting the shit kicked out of him by his gf, scratched, slapped... hair pulled and he is just cowering because their is no socially acceptable recourse for him other than standing there being humiliated. It's not an ideal situation.
The person you have just called a '****ing idiot' was not condoning Gehrig's behavior, and considering you are trying to pain yourself as someone with strong morals and values... you probably should retract it.

Where are you hanging out? I go out a lot but I have never seen what you describe. Never seen a man cowering while his girlfriend kicks the hell out of him, perhaps I've lived a sheltered life.

I'm sure we've all seen incidents at clubs where a guy is getting the shit kicked out of him by his gf, scratched, slapped... hair pulled and he is just cowering because their is no socially acceptable recourse for him other than standing there being humiliated. It's not an ideal situation.

In those situations it is my opinion that the woman is humiliating herslef. The man is doing the just thing, there is no shame in that whatsoever.

that being said, what that guy said didnt constitute being called an f'ng idiot, it was just a broad ambiguous state pertaining to when the use of force is acceptable.

If he defined invading ones space as "attacking me with a powerful weapon" id be more inclined to agree with him

It is interesting seeing the footage, although i would much prefer to see it all. From the "highlights" clip the news used you can only too some extent prove that such events happened not all the other aspects required for the events to be criminal.

Full footage again wouldn't be conclusive, but would certain help

Where are you hanging out? I go out a lot but I have never seen what you describe. Never seen a man cowering while his girlfriend kicks the hell out of him, perhaps I've lived a sheltered life.

Can happen anywhere there is alcohol.

Having now seen the footage, Voss would have to be a fair chance to be convicted surely, the way some of you were carrying on you'd think he'd hit the guy directly after he'd thrown the ball rather than followed him outside and punched him without notice.

Great footy player or not, mate of a bloke who had a ball thrown at him or not, you can't do that.

Not the smartest kid are you... Do you need directions on how to let out a poo?
Use your brain and you might get a better understanding of what it is I am saying. I will rephrase it for you. If ANYONE decides to assault you and invade your personal space, then you have a right to defend yourself. I'm not saying Gehrig had a right to do what he did, I haven't seen it, but the topic of touching women came up and that's my stance on the issue. I should also mention that if you are unfortunate enough to be in a position where a woman is assaulting you, then make sure there are witnesses, otherwise you will be the one getting ****ed over.

Tell me about it. I was assaulted twice by the same female one night, who had broken into my house and damaged my property. Basically in our PC society, women are allowed to act as violently as they like towards males without any fear of repercussion, especially if you hit back in self defence.

I think this is newsworthy, certainly doesn't look good for the footballers, but yeah looks like that guy went over the line when he threw the pool ball, not good to see some of the top players with good reputations being involved in such behaviour though. will be interesting to see how this is handled, I get the feeling it'll be considered a 'non-football' matter and will be left to the police and the courts.

I've just seen the footage here in Perth and it doesn't look good. :eek:

Especially shocking was Michael Voss punching the guy in the head. After reading numerous posts about how Voss was being a good bloke for "defending" his mate, and that his chances of coaching have not been hurt, I then see Voss leave the hotel and punch the bloke OUTSIDE. That is not self defense, or defending your mate. What a low act, no wonder the Qld Government didn't want him as ambassador any longer.

To that Kangaroos fan who was posting here in the afternoon, this incident will certainly harm his chances of getting a senior coaching role straight up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the smartest kid are you..
Use your brain and you might get a better understanding of what it is I am saying. I will rephrase it for you. If ANYONE decides to assault you and invade your personal space, then you have a right to defend yourself. I'm not saying Gehrig had a right to do what he did, I haven't seen it, but the topic of touching women came up and that's my stance on the issue. I should also mention that if you are unfortunate enough to be in a position where a woman is assaulting you, then make sure there are witnesses, otherwise you will be the one getting ****ed over.

I believe you have not expressed yourself properly. What do you mean by "invading your space". That is the issue. You cant attack someone REGARDLESS OF THEIR SEX offhandedly. If people are quite emotional, ie hugging randoms, you might interpret this as "invading your space" and push them. In this situation they arent going to hurt you, you are being a nob. If youd clearly defined what "Invading your space" and the resultant actions from this meant we wouldnt be in this situation. Yet you didnt. I suggest you use your brain. I think reading JS mills "harm principle" might help you, because at the moment you are being ambiguous

Having now seen the footage, Voss would have to be a fair chance to be convicted surely, the way some of you were carrying on you'd think he'd hit the guy directly after he'd thrown the ball rather than followed him outside and punched him without notice.

Great footy player or not, mate of a bloke who had a ball thrown at him or not, you can't do that.

Have to agree here. I assumed Voss hit the guy straight after he threw the ball at Lambert. Not later outside. From the vision I saw:

Voss = trouble
Gehrig = trouble
Lawrence = Biggest scum ever to play the game
Black = didnt see anything
Swans players = Angels, pillars of society

Re: Voss' Coaching Stocks - Intact

I thought Voss looked the most calm and restrained out of the whole lot. In my opinion he was sticking up for his mate (Craig Lambert) who had just had a pool ball thrown at his head from jus metres away. The bloke that Voss hit sore him coming and deserved what he got. Wouldn't you do the same for your mate if the same thing happened?

If he had hit the guy straight away you could allege provocation. But at law, he had a chance to collect his thoughts and cool down. The bloke has gone outside, and then he has clocked him.

Voss is a goner. You little bewdy.

I believe you sir are the one who is incapable of expressing himself properly. What do you mean by "invading your space". That is the issue. You cant attack someone REGARDLESS OF THEIR SEX offhandedly. If people are quite emotional, ie hugging randoms, you might interpret this as "invading your space" and push them. In this situation they arent going to hurt you, you are being a nob. If youd clearly defined what "Invading your space" and the resultant actions from this meant we wouldnt be in this situation. Yet you didnt. I suggest you use your brain. I think reading JS mills "harm principle" might help you, because at the moment you are being ambiguous
I expect that people who can use the Internet are capable of understanding the basic concept of invading another's space to the extent that physical force is required for protection. You obviously weren't able to understand this concept. Do you seriously expect me to list and define "invading your space".
Lets start:

Spitting on you
Slapping you
Kicking you
Scratching you
Punching you
Shouting in your face
Throwing objects at you
Ripping your clothes

Is this clear Einstein?

Context is an extremely important in this matter. I am quite sure that Voss's perspective is that this bloke threw a billiard ball at his mate, this could of killed Lambert. Voss has gone outside, he was extremely restrained, Voss planted what i would describe not much more than a love tap on this blokes chin. If he was a violent bloke he would of followed up with more punches and got really stuck into him. I am not advocating violence and I bloody hope Lawrence gets locked up and as far as i am concerned they can throw away the key. Most blokes (even those like me who are not violent) would of probably acted in the same way as voss if they had seen some bloke endanger the life of their friend. Voss would not be proud of his actions, but they aren't too disimilar to what a normal person may have responded to this action. Where as Lawrence and Gehrig have been finally exposed as headcases.

Re: Voss' Coaching Stocks - Intact

If he had hit the guy straight away you could allege provocation. But at law, he had a chance to collect his thoughts and cool down. The bloke has gone outside, and then he has clocked him.

Voss is a goner. You little bewdy.

4hvyidk.jpg

I expect that people who can use the Internet are capable of understanding the basic concept of invading another's space to the extent that physical force is required for protection. You obviously weren't able to understand this concept. Do you seriously expect me to list and define "invading your space".
Lets start:

Spitting on you
Slapping you
Kicking you
Scratching you
Punching you
Shouting in your face
Throwing objects at you
Ripping your clothes

Is this clear Einstein?

these arent clear at all einstien
particularly with the shouting. If someone shouts at you you think its alright to assault them????

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy players punch up bombshell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back