Footy Show Panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Footy Show sinks to new depths

Don't Like It? ---> Don't Watch It

Problem solved! WoooHooo.

Our society is turning into one big cespool of whingers. Remote controls work very well.

I ditched Foxtel for financial reasons at the end of last years. I gave TFS and go for the first time in about three years, didn't mind it for a week or two, then Sam started has "will drop pants for laughs" routine. Now I play Resident Evil 4, read a book or watch a movie at 9.30 on a Thursday.

The stretcher gag has got to be shelved.

It is now just a bit of in "in-joke" that only the panellists find funny (having said that, Bert was hilarious when he came on, but would you expect anything less from a legend).

Can't believe this show is still on the air, has been poor for 4 or 5 years now. Same tired jokes used over and over again. Time to put it out of it's misery.

So are you saying that you have been watching a television program for 4 - 5 years that you rate as so bad you cant believe it is still on air but yet you still watch it?

Have you lost your remote?

The shows been struggling for a while the last few years with eddy were terrible remember the marrrrrrrrrrstemind segment makes me feel like topping myself.

Rarely watch it these days, would love it if they brought a show on that actually talk about footy in an informed manner, not the contrevaries the media beats up not men acting like children but actual footy.

Im so pissed with footy on tv at the moment I love the game and all i want to do is watch it and talk about it not drugs not look at some poor homeless person being grilled by the mighty brains of Sam or see Gary cry again on tv or Fev looking like a kid who has been sent to the back of the class (what a tosser)

i could go on for hours about my disgust for channel 7 and 9s effort with footy broadcasting aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

One positive for me is I like Channel 10s coverage of games and my favourite show is Before the game great work Channel 10

Our society is turning into one big cespool of whingers. Remote controls work very well.
Like several other posters, I gave up watching TFS about 4 years ago...........used to be entertaining, became boring.

But I apologise, I didn't realise people aren't allowed to offer an opinion on a show they no longer watch.

Tonights footy show was 'celebrating' the 20th anniversary of Gary Lyon breaking his leg in a game....I've seen the video more times than I care to remember and I may have even chuckled at it once or twice, but seriously, they are flogging a dead horse! Get over it guys. It aint that funny. When the studio audience isn't laughing that should be a hint.

There are actual stories like the AFL players boycotting all media contact with channel 7, or James Hird and Kevin Sheedy's last game, or Andrew Johns (NRL) saying he has taken recreational drugs for 10 years, etc and these clowns waste half an hour on this crap!!!???

Brayshaw and Newman really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this humour and its been done to death, and not only that, its not like it was a slow news week, there was plenty of other stuff to talk about.

Bring back Eddie

You watched it.

Like several other posters, I gave up watching TFS about 4 years ago...........used to be entertaining, became boring.

But I apologise, I didn't realise people aren't allowed to offer an opinion on a show they no longer watch.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion. My point is that you always see people complain about how bad the show now is - they should take a leaf out of your book and stop watching it instead of just moaning about how bad it is.

Unless they are being forced to watch the show by the Taliban I don't have any sympathy for people who constantly watch shows they apparently can't stand.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion. My point is that you always see people complain about how bad the show now is - they should take a leaf out of your book and stop watching it instead of just moaning about how bad it is.

Unless they are being forced to watch the show by the Taliban I don't have any sympathy for people who constantly watch shows they apparently can't stand.
Hey, the Taliban are bad guys........but they aren't THAT evil !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly.:thumbsu:

Don't watch it if you don't like it people, then maybe we won't have this weekly Thursday night/Friday morning thread.

I just find it hilarious how people say how much they dislike it, but keeping watching it.:D:confused:

The what show?

Stopped watching regularly years ago, only flick it on a few times when nothing else is on, but with the World Champs being shown, the tele was on SBS last night watching Tyson Gay winning the sprint double.

Is it just me or are the panelists (players) the highlight of the show - when you have players like Nathan Thompson, Shane Crawford having a go at Newman etc i love it i think the players that are on make the night!!
Nathan Thompson thinks he can have a go at Sam but unfortunately it is far too contrived and forced for my liking. It's like Nathan has spent the whole week thinking about one liners he can ridicule sam with. He doesn't cut it unfortunately. :thumbsdown:

I watched it last night with a sort of stunned curiosity. It got stupider and stupider... Fevola's general moronic personality, Bert Newton, Sam injuring himself then just sitting there while bleeding. Trev still looking awkward on camera after 15+ years.

Then there's the way Gary and James Brayshaw copy each others sayings and laughing styles, man it's just a really weird/bad show.

Nathan Thompson thinks he can have a go at Sam but unfortunately it is far too contrived and forced for my liking. It's like Nathan has spent the whole week thinking about one liners he can ridicule sam with. He doesn't cut it unfortunately. :thumbsdown:

not a fan of thompson.....but hes better on SEN radio.

contrived is the word to describe everything on TFS.
theyre grooming thompson to be the next dunstall (austere and angry)

not a fan of thompson.....but hes better on SEN radio.

contrived is the word to describe everything on TFS.
theyre grooming thompson to be the next dunstall (austere and angry)
like it or not dunstall has always been a fine media performer. thompson on the otherhand is neither informative or funny. in saying that though he is probably a heck of a nice fellow.

Well, the AFL footy Show was nothing compared to the NRL show, when it showed Andrew Johns' drug confession. For hot news items like this one(even though it was an NRL story) it beat the AFL show hands down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Show Panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back