Jun 27, 2007
Echuca
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cycling, all Aussie Golfers
This is one of several threads from the hawks board
Makes interesting reading pre the 2004 draft
If there supporters had got what they wanted they would have Tambling so why do they feel they need to give us crap all the time.
They can all go and get as far as I am concerned.
There are similar threads on the doggies board hoping that Tambling slips to number 3 in the draft.
Maybe this will shut up the masses that say that we screwed up by taking Tambling with pick 4.
I'm personally happy with his progress and think that he will be a 200 plus player and finish with a highly decorated career.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141177&highlight=TAMBLING

Why do you feel the need to rehash this? Surely you could've bumped one of the million other threads that have littered this board since the 2004 draft. Personally I'm sick of the subject. Currently Franklin is better, Tambling has had a good season so far and is one of the reasons behind our mini resurection. Will he reach a similar level? Only time will tell. Can he do it? Most probably. Did we make a drafting mistake? Hindsight is always 20:20.

Can we put the matter to bed already. Who really cares what Hawthorn supporters wanted prior to the 2004 draft anyways it is all ancient history. You work with the cattle you've got.

Why do you feel the need to rehash this? Surely you could've bumped one of the million other threads that have littered this board since the 2004 draft. Personally I'm sick of the subject. Currently Franklin is better, Tambling has had a good season so far and is one of the reasons behind our mini resurection. Will he reach a similar level? Only time will tell. Can he do it? Most probably. Did we make a drafting mistake? Hindsight is always 20:20.

Can we put the matter to bed already. Who really cares what Hawthorn supporters wanted prior to the 2004 draft anyways it is all ancient history. You work with the cattle you've got.
The reason for this thread is to point out to all the Hawks supporters to stop carrying on about it.
If it had been up to there bigfooty posters they would have taken Tambling ahead of Buddy but history shows they didn't
I'm so sick of the "Tigers f*&^%d up" crap I thought this may put it to bed

The reason for this thread is to point out to all the Hawks supporters to stop carrying on about it.
If it had been up to there bigfooty posters they would have taken Tambling ahead of Buddy but history shows they didn't
I'm so sick of the "Tigers f*&^%d up" crap I thought this may put it to bed

its over t67 give it a rest:thumbsdown:

Its old hat now and i dont see why you would bring it up again but answer this.Would you like to have two Richardsons in the side?

I don't know how many of you have read the thread, but seeing some knob called Hawks1523 quoting himself from 2004 MSN logs that he'd 'backed up' was a classic.

Only being beaten by a fellow Hawks supporter taking the p!ss out of him for having backed up MSN logs, for him then to say "And I'd make an msn conversation up to impress people on Big footy forum? Really, think about that. :rolleyes:"

And I thought I was an IT tragic:D:D:D

My oh my!

After watching the match tonight, I'm so glad we did take Tambling.

Franklin struggles when out of the forward line, struugles to win his own ball and struggles to find someone by foot. He actually looked slow when up on the wing and out of sorts. This makes him very one dimensional if the only position he can play is forward and almost directly in front of the goals. Once other teams learn to stop him in the forward line, he will become another Tarrant quickly.

Franklin struggles when out of the forward line, struugles to win his own ball and struggles to find someone by foot. He actually looked slow when up on the wing and out of sorts. This makes him very one dimensional if the only position he can play is forward and almost directly in front of the goals. Once other teams learn to stop him in the forward line, he will become another Tarrant quickly.

My God that's the most stupid post of the month! He is one of the best players in the AFL at 21 and will end up with over a 1000 goals! His versitility is amazing! 1 sided LOL, slow LOL, stopping him LOL!

I'm over it now...but what could of been...

Go Tambling, just do what ever you can!

They don't get it, those Hawks fans, do they? Before hand, 'oh we should definitely get Tambling at 2', then even after reading that thread 4 years later, they still say 'hahahah jeez I'm so content every night cos Richmond ____ed up getting him at 4'. Obviously a remarkably stupid bunch. And Tambling is a star anyway, so ____ em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My God that's the most stupid post of the month! He is one of the best players in the AFL at 21 and will end up with over a 1000 goals! His versitility is amazing! 1 sided LOL, slow LOL, stopping him LOL!

If you couldn't see that he is one dimensional and has no defensive side which was brought to bear last night, then I would have to say that you are stupid. Every time he was on the wing and stumbled on to the ball, he turned over with a miss directed kick.

You have already forgotten our game against the Hawks where he was limited to just ONE goal and a hand full of points. So if thats not proof enough that he can be stopped, then you have no idea.

If you couldn't see that he is one dimensional and has no defensive side which was brought to bear last night, then I would have to say that you are stupid. Every time he was on the wing and stumbled on to the ball, he turned over with a miss directed kick.

You have already forgotten our game against the Hawks where he was limited to just ONE goal and a hand full of points. So if thats not proof enough that he can be stopped, then you have no idea.

oh dear....

i would take him ahead of any other player in the comp, hes a freak and if he keeps going will be one of the alltime greats... super super player. incredibly quick and agile, can rip a game apart and a matchwinner. you are so wrong its not funny

richcogs was bang on

:thumbsu: Good night everyone.

Other than the fact that this is a long way off what this thread was all about, how can you say such a thing.
To describe Buddy as one dimensional is possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on Bigfooty.
He has every attribute required to be one of the games all time greats by the end of his career.
The entire point is that the Hawks on Bigfooty all wanted to take Bling ahead of Buddy.
If as was expected they had taken Bling then Richmond always intended taking Buddy with pick 4 and the only reason we didn't is because the Hawks took Shockinhead at number 2 and the Doggies had commited to taking Griffen as their first selection.
From a RFC perspective they expected the top 5 selections to go like this
1/ RFC Deledio
2/ Hawks Bling
3/ Dogs Griffen
4/ RFC Buddy
5/ Hawks Roughead
The Hawk board expected this as well and so did the Doggies
So if it had panned out as expected we would have Buddy.
But it didn't go that way but it was not a mistake on our part for not taking Buddy.
Can you imagine the sh1t that would have appeared on the Tiger board at the time if we had taken Buddy over Bling!!!!
It would have been off the planet.
Lets work with what we have and I'm sure that in time Bling will prove to more than justify his high rating before draft day 2004.

to easy...bling is part of the current surge. His natural improvement if there is any left will equate to us being improved. IF he has no further improvement left..which alot inclduding me doubt. The fact reamins that there are more pressing factors to deal with with our improvement than his. i.e. locate the real problems, deal with them and when you are done, come back and then deal with blings position. By that time the question is answered as to if he has more improvemtn left. and eveyone is happy, al questions are answered. Whether we did or we didnt do the right thing etc etc and the game goes on... its ridiculus to suggest that after 3 years you can make that answer as no, when there is a definite imrovement. Go as far as to say there are times when we make the surge in the game, he is integral to that. If you dont think so...then watch closely

Footy has become like baskeball dudes. Like basketball..its all about the starting 5 all over the court..in footy its about the starting 4 in the middle. its how you deal with preserving the starters, and how when you say, lets make the push....you put your best weapons in...if the second best isnt doing the best job. If the second best are, that eqautes to kicking butt. ;)

1/ RFC Deledio
2/ Hawks Bling
3/ Dogs Griffen
4/ RFC Buddy
5/ Hawks Roughead

I believe that's a little wrong.

Roughead was rated over Franklin by us and the Hawks, it was common knowledge that Richmond were expecting Roughead at Pick 4, so much so that we had him stay at the president's house or something.

Other than the fact that this is a long way off what this thread was all about, how can you say such a thing.
To describe Buddy as one dimensional is possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on Bigfooty.
He has every attribute required to be one of the games all time greats by the end of his career.
The entire point is that the Hawks on Bigfooty all wanted to take Bling ahead of Buddy.
If as was expected they had taken Bling then Richmond always intended taking Buddy with pick 4 and the only reason we didn't is because the Hawks took Shockinhead at number 2 and the Doggies had commited to taking Griffen as their first selection.
1/ RFC Deledio
2/ Hawks Bling
3/ Dogs Griffen
4/ RFC Buddy
5/ Hawks Roughead
The Hawk board expected this as well and so did the Doggies
So if it had panned out as expected we would have Buddy.
But it didn't go that way but it was not a mistake on our part for not taking Buddy.
Can you imagine the sh1t that would have appeared on the Tiger board at the time if we had taken Buddy over Bling!!!!
It would have been off the planet.
Lets work with what we have and I'm sure that in time Bling will prove to more than justify his high rating before draft day 2004.

I am more than happy that we took Tambling ahead of Franklin, very happy as a matter of fact. I still stand behind what I have said and if you watch his games a little more carefully, you would understand why I said those things. I thought Saturday night was obvious, take Franklin out of the forward line and he looks lost. To me, thats one dimensional enough because if he has an off day or the opposition have finally worked him out, what other position is he able to play. The answer, none.

As for Tambling, he has learned to play in the middle, he has learn't how to win his own ball, kick goals and set up goals. More than happy with our decision.

WOW just WOW . :eek:

I am more than happy that we took Tambling ahead of Franklin, very happy as a matter of fact.

Once again wow. :eek:

Have you been licking the tanning lotion off of Terry or something.:confused:

Forget all this Tambling V Buddy crap because it is not relevent.

However for you to say you prefer Tambling over Buddy........ just defies belief.

My brother and my best mate are RFC members and they just about want to slash their wrists when the subject of Buddy comes up.

As I said this is no slur on Tambling, this post is just to say how silly you sound by saying you prefer Tambling over Buddy.

I believe that's a little wrong.

Roughead was rated over Franklin by us and the Hawks, it was common knowledge that Richmond were expecting Roughead at Pick 4, so much so that we had him stay at the president's house or something.

More that they were hoping he'd be there at 4....There was a fair chance the dogs would have taken him at 3. We certainly didn't expect Tambling to drop to 4.

Common opinion was that Buddy and one of Griffin or Roughhead would be available at 4, and we probably would have skipped on Buddy regardless. Everyone knew he was an amazing talent, but there were big question marks about his attitude and if he'd ever realise it, and with the big rebuild happening, we needed the 'sure thing' ( or closer to it anyway ). Once Tambling slipped to 4, I doubt the Richmond table at the draft took longer than was required to draw breath, thank their lucky stars and check the number before calling his name. I'd also point out they got what they wanted, a good player, with the potential to be more who will probably play 200+ games with us and be a positive influence on his teammates and the club.

More that they were hoping he'd be there at 4....There was a fair chance the dogs would have taken him at 3. We certainly didn't expect Tambling to drop to 4.

Common opinion was that Buddy and one of Griffin or Roughhead would be available at 4, and we probably would have skipped on Buddy regardless. Everyone knew he was an amazing talent, but there were big question marks about his attitude and if he'd ever realise it, and with the big rebuild happening, we needed the 'sure thing' ( or closer to it anyway ). Once Tambling slipped to 4, I doubt the Richmond table at the draft took longer than was required to draw breath and check the number before calling his name.
Shows how stupid they were.
From memory, Dogs had committed to Griffin, so we were pretty much going to take whichever of Roughead and Tambling the Hawks didn't take at no.2. "Sure things" don't exist in the draft, and anyway, many quality mids are available every year. It is a rare year that you get two shots at two top 5 KPP, and we ignored them both. I'm sick of these threads but I'm even sicker of Richmond fans with sour grapes attitudes towards Buddy. "I'm glad we didn't choose him"!! My arse!

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the ignorant Tambling bashers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back