Remove this Banner Ad

Lenny*

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 5, 2004
Jumping J.RIEWOLDT!!!!!!
AFL Club
Richmond
Does anyone think Tigers can actually win in a trade involving trading straight with Geelong/Sydney??????

Neither of these teams want to give up a first class player and their pick for Ottens eg:Joel Corey, James Kelly, Jude Bolton. I really think that to make a trade happen the trade will have to involve at least on of the bottom eight teams, prefferebly Western Bulldogs 6th Pick Collingwood's 7th pick.

Other two teams who might not have the salary cap room to fit Ottens stright in but may be able to fit in the likes of Enright,Spriggs,Rahilly and Maybe Geelongs pick 15,and also be able to provide Richmond with a draft pick which will suit them is Kangaroos(Pick10) and Blues(Pick 9).

Try this as an example:

Geelong Get- Ottens
Tigers Get- Pick 16 (Gee),Pick 6 (WB)
Western Bulldogs Get- Hunt, B.Malony

I think Richmond would do alot better off by getting two First round picks (one definatly under or on Pick 10) for Ottens, and Geelong would definately get Ottens if they can find a third party to suit Tigers. Geelong could look at Malony and Hunt to trade for a pick 6 or 7 or 9 or 10 because they would not suit Richmonds needs ATM but they could suit another teams needs such as WB,COLL, ROOS or BLUES. Both booming kicks and have potential versatility back, foward or midfeild.

• Banned
No that trade wouldn't be good for Richmond. Richmond need at least 2 early picks for ottens so they can begin rebuilding. Hunt and malony would be 2 great addtions to any club.But their not what tigers need. As I said Geelong cannot do this trade without a 3rd party.

EB_Tiger said:
No that trade wouldn't be good for Richmond. Richmond need at least 2 early picks for ottens so they can begin rebuilding. Hunt and malony would be 2 great addtions to any club.But their not what tigers need. As I said Geelong cannot do this trade without a 3rd party.
You've valued Hunt and Maloney to be worth pick 6 to the Bulldogs but not to Richmond?

scooter600x said:
So the Bulldogs trade pick 6 for 2 fringe players in a trade that doesn't really involve them just to do Richmond a favour.

Right.

You did give up pick 20 for the single worst ruckman the game has ever seen........

Of course you wouldn't do it, but to say Josh Hunt is a fringe player is flat out wrong.

i heard this from a guy involved in a news network from a foxtel channel.

ottens to geelong.
spriggs to essendon
bolton to richmond
geelong's first rounder to richmond.

scooter600x said:
I thought that when I wrote it. The kid goes alright but it didn't suit my arguement to say it.

Peter Street is easily the worst footballer I have ever seen at AFL level - and I've seen Patrick Wiggins.

I don't think Thompson would let go of Josh Hunt for Ottens. This guy has the best kick-to-target boot in the league. He missed most of pre-season last year due to injury. He gets his fitness up a bit over summer and he'll be very damaging in 2005. I would give up Wojcinski for Ottens but wouldn't be overly happy about it.

Saw Peter Street in the Leisure Link gym the other day down here in Geelong. Don't even know why he bothered showing up, he was there for literally 10 minutes and did nothing but walk around.

if this was the official attitude from Geelong on Ottens then I'd cut them out and throw him wide open...but I doubt that this will be the official Geelong attitude

He's worth two first rounders..one low and one high. No waste of time BS haggling...that's his price. So geelong: go away, trade a good midfielder to someone...Get the extra pick; get Ottens.

You aren't supposed to like losing your midfielder or whoever any more than we like losing Ottens. But it has to be..it's a trade...not a gift.

And it is a good trade for both clubs.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly DDT...People seem to be of the opinion that they are helping us too much...aren't we doing the same thing? We are giving Geelong the posible missing link to their quest for a flag. So we are to give them that key for a crappy pick and a couple of fringe hacks...no thanks. Despite his flaws, Ottens is still a top ten player on our list, a first round draft pick, and most importantly, a dangerous tall.

Furthermore, he is entering his prime years, and still has a good 8-10 years output remaining. He will leave a big hole in our list. Despite the crap that has been spewed over the last week, Richmond fans are unhappy he is going for the most part. Unhappy, because his potential is still to be reached, possibly in the very near future.

Therefore, you want him (which clearly you do), then you have to pay. We require a super player (top ten, or 8 even), or a top pick and very good player in the least...

phil daly said:
i feel this is a pretty reasonable deal for all involved

referring to Bolton, why do we want a bloke who has done some good things at essendon but more often than not is ordinary and prone to being reported. Richmond need a ready made player as compensation for Ottens, nothing less would suffice, he is going to leave a huge hole. As to who club hierachy's will give for him will be very interesting. If Sydney and Geelonf want him so badly lets see him throw something good at us, not players who have been in and out of their sides!!!

I know for a fact we are not interested in trading with eSSENDON

They can off load their hacks elsewhere

Bolton
Richards
Welsh
Bullen

ect...

Give me a break I wouldn't give a houlihan for any of em.

blaisee said:
I know for a fact we are not interested in trading with eSSENDON

They can off load their hacks elsewhere

Bolton
Richards
Welsh
Bullen

ect...

Give me a break I wouldn't give a houlihan for any of em.

Thanks for your opinion, but Welsh certainly wouldn't be offered as trade bait, that kid can play. Bullen and Richards both have some potential.

Anyone who wants Bolton can take him.

Geelong gets Ottens, loses Loats, Enright and Pick 16
Richmond get Jolly and Pick 5
Hawks get Enright and Loats for Pick 5
Melbourne gets Pick 16 for Jolly

i'd like to see ottens go to the blues and allow deluca to sit comfortably at full forward and barnaby and ottens to share ruck work. carlton should get rid of the likes of harford and mott.

Robin Hood said:
The navy blue with those horizontal stripes!!!

You guys would be a good home for Brad but let's see who craps themselves first in the game of trade chicken that might erupt soon - regardless of where he thinks he's going!

Watched all sorts of weird and wonderful things happen last year with Rawlings. At the end of the day only Sheedy was laughing till he wet his pants.

Batman said:
Geelong gets Ottens, loses Loats, Enright and Pick 16
Richmond get Jolly and Pick 5
Hawks get Enright and Loats for Pick 5
Melbourne gets Pick 16 for Jolly

Why on earth would Hawthorn give up a top five pick for Enright and Loats?

Petrie Dish said:
Why on earth would Hawthorn give up a top five pick for Enright and Loats?
Why on Earth would they want Loats back? The only thing they did well in trade week last year was flogging him off to the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone who cares about Ottens trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back