Moved Thread For non vic fans who disdain the AFL competition

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel the same way about the Eurovision Song Contest. Since Australia entered the competition there’s been nothing but Euro-bias stifling our progress. We would’ve won that thing numerous times had it not been for these outdated conventions and traditions amongst the European nations.

We are always forced to travel halfway around the world to compete (those hotel suites AC play havoc with our entrants’ vocal chords) and the suggestion of Australia getting a home grand final (or even a home semi-final) has been constantly met with disdain and derision.

But I will continue to follow the Australian entrants each season despite the blatant inequality, whilst repeatedly voicing to deaf ears my disapproval at the travel disadvantages and block voting.

So there's been over eleventy gazillion posts and threads on #VICBIAS

There are some questions I have for non vic fans. Questions I've asked many many times and have never received an answer.

If you hold so much disdain for this league why do you still follow?

The following points are good reasons why you should stop following our inequitable league.

• For starters you can take away the vic bias conspiracy (theory)
  • For those in WA and SA you have your AFL teams in your local state leagues, so no 'my afl team isn't in it'
  • You can passionately follow your state league club without the inequities of the v/afl. Even if it's not your afl club.
  • If you all voted with your feet and remotes and followed your state leagues they would once again flourish.
  • Don't worry about the vic clubs there's enough public interest for all of them to sustain them, would even be confident of a return of public interest for South Melbourne and Fitzroy. The whatever the vfl would be would flourish just as much as the other state leagues.
  • No more travel, particularly fruitful for the WA clubs.
  • No more sleeping in hotels instead for your players and coaches instead of their own bed.
  • No more paying eleventy gazillion dollars to see your team in a GF for flights, hotels etc (which is obviously gouging on those airlines, hotels etc).
  • No more disparity in inequity in a GF against an MCG tenant.
So what are the reasons you still follow this league? Why is it so important yet so abhorrent?

Please explain your disdain at the same time of your unbridled following of your club in this league, why continue the misery?

Please answer.

When West Coast joined the league we had priority access to Western Australian talent - all clubs in the league agreed with this and were aware of the rules.

This advantage was removed. Why?

By the same token you can follow a league that doesn't piss one off so much.

I'm not claiming it's 'mutually exclusive' I'm just trying to find an answer.

It's not like a gun is being held to the head of non vic fans 'you must follow this club in this league!'

No one wants to answer, yet will carry on infinity about 'it's not fair! waaahhhhh'

Can't have it both ways.
Yes you are.

That's the whole thrust of your OP, ie if you don't like the AFL competition then go and do something else - as if people can't follow the club while "having disdain" for the competition itself at the same time.

As for "you are just trying to find an answer". Suuuuure you are..........

So there's been over eleventy gazillion posts and threads on #VICBIAS

There are some questions I have for non vic fans. Questions I've asked many many times and have never received an answer.

If you hold so much disdain for this league why do you still follow?

The following points are good reasons why you should stop following our inequitable league.

• For starters you can take away the vic bias conspiracy (theory)
  • For those in WA and SA you have your AFL teams in your local state leagues, so no 'my afl team isn't in it'
  • You can passionately follow your state league club without the inequities of the v/afl. Even if it's not your afl club.
  • If you all voted with your feet and remotes and followed your state leagues they would once again flourish.
  • Don't worry about the vic clubs there's enough public interest for all of them to sustain them, would even be confident of a return of public interest for South Melbourne and Fitzroy. The whatever the vfl would be would flourish just as much as the other state leagues.
  • No more travel, particularly fruitful for the WA clubs.
  • No more sleeping in hotels instead for your players and coaches instead of their own bed.
  • No more paying eleventy gazillion dollars to see your team in a GF for flights, hotels etc (which is obviously gouging on those airlines, hotels etc).
  • No more disparity in inequity in a GF against an MCG tenant.
So what are the reasons you still follow this league? Why is it so important yet so abhorrent?

Please explain your disdain at the same time of your unbridled following of your club in this league, why continue the misery?

Please answer.
What a shit post. Entitled much?
Enjoy your 4 team competition when there’s interstate clubs to prop up the Victorian teams that can’t pay their own way. Although then again I suppose there would be less teams to beat you in grand finals so maybe you would enjoy it.

So no one wants to answer just more pile on about vic media blah blah blah, narrow minded op (explain why) or trolling (explain why).

'Because U hate the leaders and hate some of the decisions doesn't mean you hate the sport' It's not about the sport, there's plenty of avenues to follow the 'sport', other leagues that offers more equity, irrelevant.

The only thing I can find so far is this.

'I still watch because I want to see Vic lose,' < is this what it's all about? Is that it? Why is that so important?

Ok I watch the AFL because it’s the highest tier of the sport. I follow West Coast because West Perth were not invited.
There is much I hate about how the comp is but still I follow the highest tier of the sport.
I am not sure what answer you are after but that’s about as clear as it can be.

It's not about that, there's so much hate and angst against the league coz it's vic centred, just wanna know why people with so much misery continue to follow.

They're still following and still bitchin, don't get it.

Before the VFL expanded every top tier keague was fair and equitable. The AFL from day one was set up to not be so.
How is that not something that should be asked why?

Please elaborate, is it just to stick it to the vics? If that is it or just part of it, why is that so important?

It's to watch big moments on the big stage against big odds against the biggest campaigners. Was a memory that will last for generations, similar to the Barry Breen point, the Wayne Harmes tap, the Herculean efforts by Voss and co, the Stevie J show. All etched into folklore and celebrated by those who enjoy seeing evil conquered. Great stuff!

I follow it because since my club arrived, they've been far more successful than all other clubs, bar Hawthorn and Geelong :)
So 2 of the 3 clubs that have been most successful since you club joined aren't Melbourne clubs, the other one, an MCG Tennant, plays a number of it's home games in Tasmania.

Doesn't sound like Vic or Melbourne or MCG bias to me. I do concede that you conspiracy theorists are impervious to any stats, facts or plain reality in your overwhelming urge to bore the shit out of everyone with your infernal whinging.

Before the VFL expanded every top tier keague was fair and equitable. The AFL from day one was set up to not be so.
How is that not something that should be asked why?
I agree. Non Vic, and even more so, non Melbourne based clubs get massive advantages. Can you believe that some of them whinge constantly for even more?
Talk about entitled. No wonder they don't want to go back to their state leagues. The inequity they benefit from in the AFL wouldn't be tolerated in their own state leagues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Non Vic, and even more so, non Melbourne based clubs get massive advantages. Can you believe that some of them whinge constantly for even more?
Talk about entitled. No wonder they don't want to go back to their state leagues. The inequity they benefit from in the AFL wouldn't be tolerated in their own state leagues.

One thing I will give you Vics, no group of people in the world can stand behind crap as good as you guys.
Great episode in Seinfeld, it’s not a lie if you believe it’s true.

One thing I will give you Vics, no group of people in the world can stand behind crap as good as you guys.
Great episode in Seinfeld, it’s not a lie if you believe it’s true.
There's no evidence for any Vic bias. Feelings of entitlement and an elite talent for whinging doesn't count as evidence in the real world.

Grim statement but the AFL will only become an even comp once everyone that was alive during the 60/70/80s VFL days is gone.

Then they can stop holding onto the old state league glory days and move forward with the competition because theirs no one left from those years and people will only be affiliated to the AFL.

In another 30-40 years no one will give 2 shitzens about the VFL or who won what back in that league.

Just like the Vic's want to stick it to us.
No we don't, admittedly I can't speak for everyone but the general sentiment for Pie fans is that rich carl and ess are the enemy, not non vic teams - will always barrack for non vic teams against these 3.

You can guess who I'll be barracking for tonight.

It's to watch big moments on the big stage against big odds against the biggest campaigners. Was a memory that will last for generations, similar to the Barry Breen point, the Wayne Harmes tap, the Herculean efforts by Voss and co, the Stevie J show. All etched into folklore and celebrated by those who enjoy seeing evil conquered. Great stuff!
Yet the complaining continues in perpetuity.

That's the whole thrust of your OP, ie if you don't like the AFL competition then go and do something else - as if people can't follow the club while "having disdain" for the competition itself at the same time.
And what's wrong with that? Why bother if it's so abhorrent.

Let's not pretend that the non vic fans are happy with what they've got, I agree that they've got the rough end of the stick.

But why bother then? That's what I'm looking for.

Spose that makes me the anti christ for doing so.
As for "you are just trying to find an answer". Suuuuure you are..........
And what's wrong with getting an answer? Why do non vics not want to answer this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread For non vic fans who disdain the AFL competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back