For Sale - Former AA, clever, great goal sense and great mark for his height..going cheap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Best give him to Fremantle while their top-8 window is briefly open - with Sandilands Pavlich, Tarrant, McPharlin and Halseby propping them up I'm sure another oldie would like to play in a few Fremantle finals in the next few years.

Nah best give him the eagles. He would fit in with Woosha's rebuilding philosophy of playing past it plodders over youngsters wherever possible.

Best give him to Fremantle while their top-8 window is briefly open - with Sandilands Pavlich, Tarrant, McPharlin and Halseby propping them up I'm sure another oldie would like to play in a few Fremantle finals in the next few years.

He would have to go to Essendon first.

We tried to warn you his good form was temporary and that he would go back to his old ways soon enough.

But no, apparently you guys had turned him into an instant superstar.

Um, he was the steak knives wasn't he? We did okay given Reidy is now starting to turn into a quality defender.

Meds is okay, struggled with his fitness due to injury last year, I reckon he'll come back and be an important part of our finals campaign.

Tarrant is as flighty as the best of them, I loved him at the Pies but he's gone and I don't think we've missed him.

Um, he was the steak knives wasn't he? We did okay given Reidy is now starting to turn into a quality defender.

I never made any mention of whether you did ok in the deal or not. Turned out to be a pretty good deal for both clubs.

It was a reference to all the gloating Pies fans were doing back then about how we'd thrown away a superstar. Like I said, we tried to warn you it wouldn't last.

Yeah, probably did - but we really don't want him back. We don't want anymore "retirement plan" players returning to Perth, even though Solomon and McPhee have/are working out well.

Given Medhursts penchant for only performing when he needs to save his position and then forever coasting he would be best suited to the weagles - would fit right in with their culture.

Quickly explain how Solomon worked well?

Traded him in as a top up for a finals assault- then missed the finals 3 straight years - missed 10 games through suspension - then retires due to injuries? And still occupies a spot on your list.

Given the last time we recruited/traded someone into the club over 24+ was 6 years ago and in that time frame Freo has recruited in 8 players in that age bracket - seems the form lies with the purple.

In form and fitness willing he is undoubtedly in our best 22. I hate seeing people being your typical memory selective, short sighted supporter. He's a confidence driven player who has been plagued by injury for the past two seasons, and has struggled to get on top of his game because of the reoccurring effects because of that injury.

He has been playing well in the VFL side, and would have to be pressing for selection once he has strung together a few absolutely dominant performances in the 2s. Only reason he wasn't named as an emergency for the Saints game is because of young Luke Rounds exceptional form in the 2s this season - and it is nothing but a positive for the club that we have such fantastic depth.

You should offer him to weagles or doggies - they seem to like old, over-rated, over the hill players and will play him until he's in a walking frame. They need them to give their rising stars some "mentors" - says it all.

I assume your criteria only applies to the Dogs here.

I know it wasn't a trade but as long as this thread is being used for reasons other than its objective -- Jimmy Clement says hi :p

Bloody champion and quite possibly the best medium defender on the last decade (and Fremantle discard) ....

I know it wasn't a trade but as long as this thread is being used for reasons other than its objective -- Jimmy Clement says hi :p

Bloody champion and quite possibly the best medium defender on the last decade (and Fremantle discard) ....

Mal Michael says hi... bloody champion and quite possibly the best big defender of the last decade (and Collingwood discard) ....

We can play this game with any club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medders only got AA because he played for Collingwood. His season wasn't any better than the ones he turned on at Freo. You just need to realize that 1) He thinks he is a lead up forward 2) he can't travel for shit. Would be a good pickup for a team like the bulldogs with their pinpoint kicking.

Outstanding in 2008 and injured ever since. Foot and ankle injuries are notoriously difficult to manage. He'll be back.

Add that to the fact that Collingwood has the deepest list in the competition, and its obvious to anybody with a brain that you're not going to get a game if you're half-fit and/or your form isnt absolutely top-notch. Medhurst and Fraser in particular - and you can add Davis and possibly Anthony and N Brown to that list - are victims of being 80% fit at a good club with a strong list.

Mal Michael says hi... bloody champion and quite possibly the best big defender of the last decade (and Collingwood discard) ....

We can play this game with any club.

Slight difference - Freo didn't realise they were giving away someone who would have in their top 3 players ever, whereas we knew Mal was good but he was a mercenary who held us to ransom and gave us no choice but to offload him.

Medders will be back in the ones before too long. ( notwithstanding injuries )

Still life left in the 'old' bloke.

Hope so means that MM has reached desperation point again. Medhurst has had his one decent season and now hes displaying the effort and performance hes known for.:thumbsu:

Outstanding in 2008 and injured ever since. Foot and ankle injuries are notoriously difficult to manage. He'll be back.

Add that to the fact that Collingwood has the deepest list in the competition, and its obvious to anybody with a brain that you're not going to get a game if you're half-fit and/or your form isnt absolutely top-notch. Medhurst and Fraser in particular - and you can add Davis and possibly Anthony and N Brown to that list - are victims of being 80% fit at a good club with a strong list.

LOL Deepest list LOL Gold pure Gold..:rolleyes::rolleyes: Fraser LOL Friday funnies are always great starts to the weekend.:thumbsu:

what a stupid thread.

Medhurst is still part of our finals campaign...don't worry about that.

I'd still have him in over Lockyer or Blair comes finals. We are just playing him back into form in the VFL. There is no rush for him to come good, he has 2 months before finals.

His first game back from injury in the VFL was only average, his next game back very productive in terms of possessions and pressure, and last week he was a star booting 3 goals and getting plenty of it.

If he dominates next week, he'll return to the senior side. he still has a role to play.

Hope so means that MM has reached desperation point again. Medhurst has had his one decent season and now hes displaying the effort and performance hes known for.:thumbsu:

therapist

Remove this Banner Ad

For Sale - Former AA, clever, great goal sense and great mark for his height..going cheap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back