Scandal Former player suing AFL over racial abuse, sexual harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Without wishing to pre-empt the result of any court case, during his brief career this bloke had a serious case of the Harry O's.

The only thing that cut his career short was a patent lack of ability.
That might all be true, but no matter how much of a flog he may have been, or how much talent he lacked, it shouldn't make it ok to be racially abused, harassed and taunted.

In any event, I think it will be difficult for him to prove the claims, unless he has hard evidence.

I think the AFL has just received one of those Nigerian email scams.
nigerian-man-dies-and-authorities-find-27-billion-in-his-24498818.png

Given that the going rate for disputed inappropriate contact is 3 weeks, I look forward to the AFL IU suspending every Suns player who shared a changeroom with Wilkinson for 6 months :rolleyes:

People turn to the law when they are struggling with very difficult emotional and social issues. They often don't realise that legal action is a last resort and - in many cases - like flushing money down the toilet.

I think they get sucked in by hearing things like 'no win, no fee'. What they dont realise is that they probably will win something, and then there will be a fee ... a very very big one.

That might all be true, but no matter how much of a flog he may have been, or how much talent he lacked, it shouldn't make it ok to be racially abused, harassed and taunted.

In any event, I think it will be difficult for him to prove the claims, unless he has hard evidence.

He was abused by a Bulldogs player and the player was suspended for four weeks. He was abused by a Collingwood supporter and the supporter had his membership torn up. Not sure how he can claim the AFL failed to act.

As for legal action over locker room banter... how does he get through each day?

Sorry, I believed then and believe now that this guy is a born troublemaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shades of Romelu Lukaku in the EPL. Manchester United fans had a chant that referred to him as “the Belgian scoring genius with a 24 inch penis”.

He didn’t like it.
I always assumed that Lukaku must have a small dick and that is why he didn't like the chant

His AFL career failed miserably, as has his NFL career. The bloke was supposed to be a freak athlete but had a total lack of a football brain. Most likely scenario is someone has got into his ear and said here’s your best chance to make some money out of it. It’s been five years since he finished in the AFL.

Sad thing is that it will probably be settled out of court for a lesser amount and this type of bullshit will continue.

Initially I thought WTF? It dawned on me that his teammates must have been referring to his undercarriage. Would that be right?
Perhaps it didn't measure up to stereotypes?

He was abused by a Bulldogs player and the player was suspended for four weeks. He was abused by a Collingwood supporter and the supporter had his membership torn up. Not sure how he can claim the AFL failed to act.

As for legal action over locker room banter... how does he get through each day?

yeah they were public acts that were dealt with
the question is more in relation to the ones that were not made public, how he was treated privately and how he was treated for having an issue with how he was treated privately from what I can gather

as for locker room banter, well the people having a laugh often think its fun, those being laughed at not so much

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Former player suing AFL over racial abuse, sexual harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back