Four Big Announcements Leading into Xmas 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a smart guy, I've got a high quality degree and have worked around the globe but geez, I am really crap at these cryptic clues.

Must admit, some of the rationale that you are all coming up with to resolve the clue is very impressive.

That humblebrag though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducks and Drakes re: Wines.

The club have really played a slightly dangerous game with these announcements because if one isn't Wines, it will be the focus. It's never the focus on what we got but rather what we didn't get.

I sincerely hope the last one is Wines, because if it's a sponsor we have probably done this the wrong way, as many (including external observers) will be like "cool, but it's no Wines though)

Last edited:

The club have really played a slightly dangerous game with these announcements because if one isn't Wines, it will be the focus. It's never the focus on what got have but rather what we didn't get.

I sincerely hope the last one is Wines, because if it's a sponsor we have probably done this the wrong way, as many (including external observers) will be like "cool, but it's no Wines though)

Dangerous is a stretch - doesn't mean Wines isn't going to happen - if the club has 4 morsels of good news, shout it out loud - it's supporter engagement.

The club have really played a slightly dangerous game with these announcements because if one isn't Wines, it will be the focus. It's never the focus on what got have but rather what we didn't get.

Imagine the SA media...

They will be very focused on any chance of a Port boy coming out of contract after Patty left.

campaigners will have Ollie gone by Friday lunchtime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes. Would have been better to wait until Wines re-signed to give us our presents. Perhaps they had hoped he would have by now? Want him to get a fair deal but would be disappointed if his father is holding the club to ransom. One player doth not a long term Premiership team make and I would not be surprised if other players are taking slightly unders to stay together.

yes. Would have ben better to wait until Wines re-signed to give us our presents. Perhaps they had hoped he would have by now? Want him to get a fair deal but would be disappointed if his father is holding the club to ransom. One player doth not a long term Premiership team make and I would not be surprised if other players are taking slightly unders to stay together.

What has his father got to do with it?

From other player contract negotiations, if Wines hasn't signed by the half-way point of next season it will probably mean he's gone

What has his father got to do with it?
Poster a fair way back claiming to be in the know stating that his father is financially savvy big businessman and is possibly holding up the deal to ensure Ollie does well out of it. Hope he is fair as I am sure the club are. Thought Ollie's family were close knit with the club. Wish Rohde was still with us. In the end it's pretty certain he will sign.

Poster a fair way back claiming to be in the know stating that his father is financially savvy big businessman and is possibly holding up the deal to ensure Ollie does well out of it. Hope he is fair as I am sure the club are. Thought Ollie's family were close knit with the club. Wish Rohde was still with us. In the end it's pretty certain he will sign.

Riiiiiight....

Remove this Banner Ad

Four Big Announcements Leading into Xmas 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back