Four Big Announcements Leading into Xmas 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

With all the press about Wingard signing hopefully the club doesn't 'waste' tomorrow's present on that.

I swear the club is just out to troll Bigfooty this week though.

On the announcement itself, given the AFL is not going to have an SA side in the short term, it's just a nice plug during the time Memberships are renewed or decided upon, to all those ladies supporting Port that we are the club to throw your support (money / Membership) behind. Smart timing for marketing purposes, even if we feel a bit deflated from a 'Yes! Another contract extended' point of view.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Is it April 1st?

Considering it has been reported that SA wont get a side, this is quite underwhelming. Unless of course the club knows we are getting a team and therefore it is a good announcement.
This is the equivalent of our pre-AFL fights: the league wants to exclude us but if we can show we're this serious, we can force a way in. Power politics.

Its the most Port Adelaidey thing this offseason

Considering it has been reported that SA wont get a side, this is quite underwhelming. Unless of course the club knows we are getting a team and therefore it is a good announcement.

Maybe an attempt to pressure the AFL to show we can attract professional womens athletes and properly want a team

The Boak and Gray contract extensions were newsworthy for anyone who follows this great club. Although I am sure we all offer our congratulations to Erin Phillips the whole thing's starting to smack of struggling for news stories in the silly season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wahahahahaha, this is so bad it's good.

One things for sure, no Wines as Wingard will be tomorrow. Unless there is a double announcement.

Big step in the right direction for a womens footy league though.

How much is this going to cost us if we do in fact get a side, we only just recorded our first profit since 2007. Hopefully the AFL is funding most of it because I can't see it taking off. I'd rather we invested in our men's team.

If we actually had a womens team it would be great news but so hypothetical

The AFL would love the idea of having an Olympian and WNBA championship winner in the competition. It'd be hard to find a better way of boosting the new comps profile.

Gives us a real edge for getting the license over Radelaide as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Four Big Announcements Leading into Xmas 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back