Four way Hay maker deal nearing completion! You heard it here first!

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel as thou we'll all be all walking with a limp today if this goes through, why are we not squeezing something else out of Port Instead of being reemed by the Hawks.

Cheers all.

Well we should know early this morning if it goes through....Roos please please please play hardball! Are we ever going to draft young kids again??

It is very early but I am reading this right?

Effectively we lose Motlop and our first two draft picks and get Hay? Forget the other little exchange of picks.

Seems very one sided to me.

Can't be right.

Are we going to have absolutely no participation in this draft? if this goes through we will probably use pick 22 on Mconnell...Rawlings on 4th round...anything left???

Hmmph. Motlop had some interest being shown by both Melbourne and Brisbane and according to reports were offering a fair bit. Hay had no interest in him apart from us (freo didnt appear to offer anything), and somehow Motlop is going for way less than those offers and Hay is way overpriced. I'm really confused. Why has Laidley only had his heart set on Hay. Obviously the 'get him at any cost' approach.

If this deal goes ahead I will be so pis#ed off. We are just going to totally f#ck up this trade period. We have a chance to set ourselves up perfectly.

It seems we get a player who we want and we won't stop at anything to get him on our list.

I want Hay but not at this cost it's just unbelievable to think we could be stupid enough to pay this and Rawlings I will consider not buying a membership if this deal is made. I'd rather get Mick Martyn back before Rawlings

So let me get this straight.We lose Motlop,pick 13,pick 14 and pick 29 and get Hay and pick 22 in return.Its another Haymaker alright from the ********ing Hawks...These bastards must see Laidley coming.Sorry that is a terrible deal for the Kangaroos.They may be resigned to losing Motlop,but in that deal he gets very little fanfare which he wanted and Port Adelaide which he wanted.
We get Hay which we wanted but that could'nt be good enough surely.With the picks we've lost and the fact they'll probably blow 22 on some untried kid from West Coast, think Laidley's failed again in my opinion.Having said that they have'nt actually agreed to it yet,and hopefully they see sense and tell Motlop to get ********ed.
BIIIG BIIIG :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we write a petition to stop this happening?

Trade Motlop to Port for Pick 14 and get out I say. Perhaps try to squeeze for their 2nd round pick as well.

Perry, Watt and Brown are fine in defence for me now.

Gee this makes Petrie look good! :eek:

Moti said:
Can we write a petition to stop this happening?

Trade Motlop to Port for Pick 14 and get out I say. Perhaps try to squeeze for their 2nd round pick as well.

Perry, Watt and Brown are fine in defence for me now.

Gee this makes Petrie look good! :eek:

Where do I sign Moti??

God forbid we actually use a bloody draft pick...

Everyone has summed it up. Pure insanity. Harrington and Laidley have already shown little aptitude for the trade table.. if this one goes through they are as bad as anyone in recent AFL past.

DON'T DO IT NORTH.

Why can't we just use Motlop to drag as much out of Port as possible and load up our list with more prospects? Not exactly flush with definite AFL kids despite what is claimed..

King Corey said:
Where do I sign Moti??

God forbid we actually use a bloody draft pick...

Everyone has summed it up. Pure insanity. Harrington and Laidley have already shown little aptitude for the trade table.. if this one goes through they are as bad as anyone in recent AFL past.

DON'T DO IT NORTH.

Why can't we just use Motlop to drag as much out of Port as possible and load up our list with more prospects? Not exactly flush with definite AFL kids despite what is claimed..

Maybe we could save some money by not having a recruitment department??? after all we don't seem to want to trust them to build our club... so why waste the money???

If this trade is anywhere near true Hawthorn are robbing some clubs blind.

Is Hay really worth as much as is being touted ?

Has he done anything for a couple years ? .... siously a pick in the second half of the first round and a pick in the mid - high 20's would be roughly Hays value.

Rooboy 96 said:
Maybe we could save some money by not having a recruitment department??? after all we don't seem to want to trust them to build our club... so why waste the money???
Yes. People are going over the top based on conflicting newspaper reports. At least wait until a trade has been done before getting so emotional. If North actually did the one proposed, it would be open season and fair enough. We've done nothing yet.

Malibu#27 said:
If this trade is anywhere near true Hawthorn are robbing some clubs blind.

Is Hay really worth as much as is being touted ?

Has he done anything for a couple years ? .... siously a pick in the second half of the first round and a pick in the mid - high 20's would be roughly Hays value.

I just read the article again... not only are the hawks getting picks 13... 14... 29... but also 28...

this wont happen Hay becomes more valuable then a former Cat Captain we recruited some years ago... absolute bullshyte!!!

Dingster said:
Yes. People are going over the top based on conflicting newspaper reports. At least wait until a trade has been done before getting so emotional. If North actually did the one proposed, it would be open season and fair enough. We've done nothing yet.

It reminds a bit of the uproar before the Rawlings deal... that never happened...

I suspect that Hawthorn are laughing behind our backs. The Hawks didn't even want to keep him, but have been playing the media just to inflate the price. It's worked a beauty. North are acting mad, desperate, insane.

BB

King Corey said:
Unfort not because we didn't want it to mate...

Only to a point - seemed the deal could have been done if we'd agreed to Hawthorn's laughable trade proposals. The Veale Deal came into play later in the week because we weren't prepared to throw in whatever Hawthorn wanted to get Rawlings.

It must be me, but I can't get too excited about all this talk.

I like Hay as a player, I like that we are his first choice club, where he believes he'll experience success in the next couple of years, and I hope we can get him for a reasonable price.

I'd rather get something for Motlop than nothing. And if we get pick 14 for him then spend it, I don't count that as giving up a player and a pick as some seem to - it's just one or the other we give up.

And I am not in love with keeping and using mid-range draft picks just because we can - these are not top 5 star picks, and trading them for known quality is a perfectly reasonable option, especially when the known players are still young. Someone complained we might spend pick 22/29 on McConnell when he's unknown - but he's certainly not more unknown than the kids in the draft, he knows more about operating and training at AFL level, and he's got a bit of muscle built up we don't have to wait for.

Playing the kids might be all the rage when you are desperate for something good to talk about, but sometimes a short cut is possible and a bargain can be had. I'd prefer to aim for a balanced list, however unfashionable it sounds in some quarters - they still are the ones that win premierships, despite the PR coming out of Hawthorn. We've got a backlog of kids to get into our senior side, why the pressing need to add more to the list of AFL-unready talent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Four way Hay maker deal nearing completion! You heard it here first!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back