Player Watch Francis Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Shout out to Frankie last night. Only 8 disposals but a couple of goals and that one handed pick up on the outer hbf when Dawson slipped over was breathtaking.

Shout out to Frankie last night. Only 8 disposals but a couple of goals and that one handed pick up on the outer hbf when Dawson slipped over was breathtaking.
I thought he was pretty good. It's a tough role on a tough night but he did his job.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree. As frustrated as I was with Rioli for the first three quarters last night, the fact that he, Evans, DBJ and JHF kicked two goals each was a significant reason we got the job done. I thought our small forwards would be a weakness but they toughed it out and collectively made the most of their chances.

Port 2004 said to me at half time, if Rioli and DBJ kick goals in the second half we win.

Frankie joined in the party too, the 50 Flogarty gave away made his second much simpler. Well done Willie.

Its why you pick a small forward who knows how to, and actually does, kick goals, not defensive pressure.

Our 3 small forwards all kicked 2.1.

That one handed pick up led to Willie's attempt to kick a Daicos Dribble 45m goal. It was on line to go thru until that last big bounce, about 5m from the goal line. If that went thru it would have lifted the roofs off the grandstands. And it started with a great display of sheer footy skill by Frankie.

Last edited:
A lot of people like to say "McEntee and Evans". It's really not fair on this guy, his last few months have seen increasing quality and his skillset is actually suitable for the forwardline. Will never be a star but his crumbing off Rat and Charlie and quick kicks at goal + relatively good i50 pressure is all we need.

When players like Frankie are amongst your worst it's a sign that the squad is ready to go all the way.

A lot of people like to say "McEntee and Evans". It's really not fair on this guy, his last few months have seen increasing quality and his skillset is actually suitable for the forwardline. Will never be a star but his crumbing off Rat and Charlie and quick kicks at goal + relatively good i50 pressure is all we need.

When players like Frankie are amongst your worst it's a sign that the squad is ready to go all the way.
Completely agree. My only issue with Frankie is that his stamina seems quite poor, gets gassed quickly which is why he's suited to being an impact sub.

He does seem to have improved on that.

The skill set is there. His highlight reel is building. Just needs to get more involved. Will find ways to do that with experience.

He is our 2024 Josh Mahoney.

Love to see Evans have an absolute pearler tonight I think for Port to win the unknowns need to be counted.
Also Rozee coming good will weigh things in our favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Francis Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back