Remove this Banner Ad

Artichoke

Club Legend
Suspended
Aug 8, 2005
Pandoras Box
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many times did you hear last week (especially from the Hawk supporters) that they did not have Franklin and Mitchell when the two teams last met in Round 17 when they lost by 37 points??

After the result on Saturday night, does that mean that these guys are only worth 4 points??

How many times did you hear last week (especially from the Hawk supporters) that they did not have Franklin and Mitchell when the two teams last met in Round 17 when they lost by 37 points??

After the result on Saturday night, does that mean that these guys are only worth 4 points??
Yep.

And the last time Thommo played against the Hawks in Melbourne he kicked 8 goals. So we are 13 up on them ;)

They were two big ins for the Hawks from last time we met, we also didn't have CJ who played one of his memorable games where he lead out hard and demanded the ball.

All the indications where that they would turn things around. It was their lack of discipline and poor disposal that hurt them, like it did in Tassie.

The problem with the Hawks supporters is they didn't pay enough attention to the game plan we used to choke them in the middle of the ground and across half-back, it worked well again. When they had momentum we flooded back and choked the game up, when we had momentum they really didn't change game plan, that is a bit of a weakness they have and we exploited it.

They have been good at times under pressure but they are more prone to losing the run when put under pressure and when the run dries up and people are just queuing up behind the play flat-footed you know you have them where you want them.

I thought their biggest problem was delivery into 50. I was sitting at the Punt Rd end pocket, and the amount of time they were running the ball in with ample options at times looked scary, yet on most occasions they either took the wrong option or the pass wasn't quite up to it, allowing our defenders the opportunity to spoil.

take away coey jones' 7 goals and they are worth -38 points!

Yes it does and it also means had Geelong played Hawthorn in the finals that they would have lost by 139 points.

yep, we played quite poorly and the kangas were much more effective.
i was at both of the games in question, and they were both very frustrating from a hawthorn perspective. you guys match up on us very well, and definitely deserved to win both times. obviously franklin and mitchell didn't do a lot of damage on saturday night - no doubt.

best of luck this weekend against the south australians. being from south australia is bad enough, but port are the collingwood of south australia. eliminate them.

Hate to say it but I think you guys are our new hoodoo opposition. It use to be carlton and essendon but we've managed to turn that around. Just like we are a hoodoo team for Geelong.

Hate to say it but I think you guys are our new hoodoo opposition. It use to be carlton and essendon but we've managed to turn that around. Just like we are a hoodoo team for Geelong.

Hawthorn used to be our bogey team in the 80s, since the 90s we have had a pretty good run, mainly because we seem to match up well and have similar strengths.

I am sure the tide will turn eventually. Port used to be our bunnies but they have levelled it out in recent years.

They were two big ins for the Hawks from last time we met, we also didn't have CJ who played one of his memorable games where he lead out hard and demanded the ball.

All the indications where that they would turn things around. It was their lack of discipline and poor disposal that hurt them, like it did in Tassie.

The problem with the Hawks supporters is they didn't pay enough attention to the game plan we used to choke them in the middle of the ground and across half-back, it worked well again. When they had momentum we flooded back and choked the game up, when we had momentum they really didn't change game plan, that is a bit of a weakness they have and we exploited it.

They have been good at times under pressure but they are more prone to losing the run when put under pressure and when the run dries up and people are just queuing up behind the play flat-footed you know you have them where you want them.

Yeah, damn it!

I was on the phone to Hodge2Franklin and told him we needed to bang the ball in quicker, kick it deep over the zone defenders heads, but he didn't listen to me. He was engrossed in a deep tactical discussion with this old lady next to him, trying to figure out whether to eat the chicken sandwiches from her wicker basket, or pour a cup of coffee from her thermos flask.

So I sent a message to Rusty Hawk that Lidge, Zebra and the boys were planning to choke our midfield. He was still nursing a bruised foot from his run-in with Zebra last week, but bravely dished off to Shan-Boi, who attempted to pass the word, but unfortunately, he was brought down by security guards the moment he set foot on the ground.

We were all caught by surprise when Laidley played extra men behind the ball. He'd only done that successfully on the previous six occasions against us. It was like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Look for some changes over summer as Hawthorn look to recruit a bit more tactical nous in their cheer squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so true... sometimes the hawks can look like they are more interested in running around with a footy under there arm than actually scoring goals.

Astute.

Oh really? You sure you guys won't play your worst game for the year against us, and yet claim you have a better list when we beat you again? KTHXBAI

Oh really? You sure you guys won't play your worst game for the year against us, and yet claim you have a better list when we beat you again? KTHXBAI

Yer true. What will be the excuse this time? lets see you haven't blamed the umps yet.

We are better that you guys,, as soon as you realize that the better.

Care to explain why Hawthorn are $6.50 to win the flag and your sorry mob are $41?

I will if you would explain to my why the Brownlow medal winner from last year was 251:1 to win it at round 1 last year, and we were $XX (alot of money) to make the top 4 last year after round 3?

My point is; the bookies don't mean sh!t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin and Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back