Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would’ve preferred we keep getting games into Phillips over Shiels or Taylor.

In what position though? I don’t like what we’d look like with Phil playing on a wing. Only other option is to take CBA’s away from Powell/Sheezel and I don’t think that’s in our best interests.

Phil’s inability to play anywhere else is the issue when it comes to calls like this.

So, Sydney have submitted their team sheet and therefore, will have to play one short (wasn't there a new rule introduced at the start of this season that they seem to have ignored?).
Dude didn’t you get the memo? Da rules don’t apply to Syd an ee doesn’t matter if they have 19 men on the field, runners interfering with play, wrong interchange calls or anything else they might do 🙄

Will's not competing with taylor or Stephens. He plays only one position.

He is this week.

He could tag Gulden.

Who plays 85% of the game starting on the wing.

This is THE perfect game to tag a player outside of the square and still run Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel for bulk center bounces

When you tag a center square player it might come at the cost of clearance numbers, with a tag on the wing you get best of both worlds.

He is this week.

He could tag Gulden.

Who plays 85% of the game starting on the wing.

This is THE perfect game to tag a player outside of the square and still run Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel for bulk center bounces

When you tag a center square player it might come at the cost of clearance numbers, with a tag on the wing you get best of both worlds.
Phillips would blow up by half time chasing Gulden.

In what position though? I don’t like what we’d look like with Phil playing on a wing. Only other option is to take CBA’s away from Powell/Sheezel and I don’t think that’s in our best interests.

Phil’s inability to play anywhere else is the issue when it comes to calls like this.

I’d just rotate the centre square mid rotations more heavily. Phillips tags Warner. Then have Jy and Sheez spend more time across half forward pushing up as the extra midfielder.

First rotation
LDU - Wardlaw - Phillips

Second rotation
LDU - Powell - Phillips

Third rotation
Wardlaw - Powell - Sheezel

I’d just rotate the centre square mid rotations more heavily. Phillips tags Warner. Then have Jy and Sheez spend more time across half forward pushing up as the extra midfielder.

First rotation
LDU - Wardlaw - Phillips

Second rotation
LDU - Powell - Phillips

Third rotation
Wardlaw - Powell - Sheezel
So you tag for a third of the game?

We'll need Stephens' run against the Swans. They are lethal in transition.
Powell deserved to stay in. You could argue about Shiels but we don't know what role he'll be set for.
He might be tasked with chasing Blakey around and the mids just go head to head.
Comben would actually be good match up for Blakey....has him for height and strength, and would match him for speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Sydney - Rd18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back