Play Nice Franklin contract talks on hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

....and on it goes :rolleyes:

Is there any team that aren't interested in Buddy? Perhaps that would be REAL news.

What are tomorrow's articles going to bring us?

The start of the season can't come quick enough!

AFL, have to be reminded way people love this game...We love this game not because of their constant tampering, tinkering and meddling with the rules and the manipulation of the laws of our great game, and not because of their unrelenting and frankly unbelievable attempts to hijack the evolution of our game..... We love it because of the memories, passion and history of our strong clubs culture of which we all supported, in a more innocent time....

Demetriou's AFL has made a real mess of things and should go...

The AFL have attempted to cover up things on too many occasions....And now they are trying to control each individual club let alone individual players(Franklin's ambassadorship deal) to satisfy themselves .... Enough is enough.

As Kennett said, the culture needs changing and Demetriou is all about the old ways of cover ups and controlling the image.

This image now with different rules and laws changing by the day is ugly and needs a new face to alter a new but realistic course through listening to the supporters/members and the clubs representatives of our great game..!!!
Yes & even I agree with kennett on this one.

This ambassador crap is the biggest conflict of interest I think I have have ever heard of in a major sport considering the AFL actually owns some teams.

It is one thing recruiting players from outside the code but to even have it as a possibility that a star player could be considered a possibility of being paid a payment outside the salary cap imposed on all clubs to go to an afl owned team is not only unbelievable but totally unacceptable and I cannot understand why every "non afl owned" team wouldn't see it as such or the media.

Shows to me how totally compromised afl football now is.

BTW the comment by Demetriou this week that 'the league would not help or encourage any player to change clubs" is absolutely laughable!

Why would the afl make an additional payment after a player like buddy joined gws under his own volition unless it was used as an inducement to get him there?

I reckon in 6 months we will all be like that was 1150 comments of wasted space

I'm inclined to agree. As good as Buddy is, I don't think he is what GWS needs. We've already got two up and coming forwards in Patton and Cameron. I think GWS just likes to stir the pot a bit whenever a top class player is available - think Travis Cloke last year and to a lesser extent Kurt Tippett.

Now if he was a defender or a ruckman.....:D

For what it's worth I hope Buddy stays a Hawk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm inclined to agree. As good as Buddy is, I don't think he is what GWS needs. We've already got two up and coming forwards in Patton and Cameron. I think GWS just likes to stir the pot a bit whenever a top class player is available - think Travis Cloke last year and to a lesser extent Kurt Tippett.

Now if he was a defender or a ruckman.....:D

For what it's worth I hope Buddy stays a Hawk.
That's Sheedy to a tee.
Agree re. your forwards, also.
Chances are Sydney will be able to fit him in alongside Tippett somehow :rolleyes:

While I have no doubt that this would've happened if Buddy was to sign with GWS there is absolutely no chance it will now it's been brought to light. All eyes are on Demitriou now, and pretty much every one in the AFL world is angry about this even being considered "hypothetically".

You know shit is serious when even Geelong fans are angry on Hawthorn's behalf at the prospect of losing their star player in such a fashion. If after this back lash Demitriou still goes forth and signs off on it then I guarantee it will be his last action as head of the AFL.

Just another article on the great man himself

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d-that-moustache/story-e6frf7jo-1226591836842

Glad to hear him say Good on him! Regardless of what happens in the future, so long as he can continue to rip the competition apart this year then that'll do me. His future is up to him.

Franklin just signed a new lucrative deal with adidas to be the face of its new Energy Boost shoe.

"I was at Nike for nine years so it was a difficult time but change is good," he said.

Shit.

Wouldn't we all want what he gets? He would get paid more for that adidas ad than I would have rec'd as a CSM at the bank..Golly, I should have played footy..:D If Buddy played for PA I would walk from here to PA,but one thing I wouldn't do is drive that embarrassing car, it is as bad as that Koch.You would never catch me in that car....:eek: A Renault!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back