Free kicks 17 - 5 at half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happens every time a team plays away at Subiaco. Go take a look at the free kick counts when they play at home. They are clearly favoured by the umps in their home games, it's a joke:thumbsdown:

They play to their supporters pavlovian responses brilliantly.

It's definitely engineered. It's not a coincidence.

The umps were worth 5-6 goals to them today.

The free kicks certainly didn't help us today but they are not the reason we lost.

Very interesting looking at the umpiring in the Eagles first 6 games of the season.

HOME-They have received 95 frees and only 50 against in 3 games this year

AWAY- They have received 63 frees and 47 against, also in 3 games this season

Those are astonishing figures in anyones book. Clarko may have been on something there. ;)

A whopping 281% differential.

Just got back, never sat through a more frustrating game. Sure they dominated most of the important stats. But the free kicks were just a joke. Hams is the biggest flog in the AFL.

The free kicks certainly didn't help us today but they are not the reason we lost.

Very interesting looking at the umpiring in the Eagles first 6 games of the season.

HOME-They have received 95 frees and only 50 against in 3 games this year

AWAY- They have received 63 frees and 47 against, also in 3 games this season

Those are astonishing figures in anyones book. Clarko may have been on something there. ;)

So just on 10 extras per game at Subi.

Wow!

Thanks for posting that Fles.

The 6 free kicks that had me completly baffled were the 6 that went to Cox... almost all at throw ins.

His tactic was to somehow turn into Hamish and end up chest to chest (with his back towards the boundary) and tuck his head under Hamish's chin...... then just wave his arms around to indicate he wanted a free kick... and somehow it worked. 6 times??

Why are umpires spindly tiny twerps?

Maybe if the AFL recruited bigger, stronger, tougher, meaner umpires they wouldn't be swayed by things like home crowds etc, thoughts.

Never have I complained about the Umps, but after this game I'm 100% with Clarko, when I heard Clarkson Commit on the eagles , I thought what a ****ing sook, but **** me, his right, his completely right!!
I've lost all respect for the eagles after that display. No Kennedy or Nic Nat but they got the most important inclusion the Umps.

Without actually seeing the game, I feel sympathy for you guys if it's the usual Subiaco umpired game West Coast style. Horrendous. :thumbsdown: Solely the free kick count rings alarm bells.
The main issue is they pay just about everything for WC and then the 50-50s that should also be called if they are being consistent, get missed for the opposition.

A couple of those missed ones ended up being goals for WC, and in a close game that can be the difference. At the very least it can be a momentum killer.

Very Frustrating.

So just on 10 extras per game at Subi.

Wow!

Thanks for posting that Fles.

No worries man.

Without going knee jerk here, I am struggling to remember a team get such a tasty run with the umps in the 35 seasons of footy I have followed. I would be interested to see if there were any such stats out there

The ducking is for real as well.

They simply pick up the ball and then drive their shoulder into the tackler so he has no choice but to take them high.

The ducking is for real as well.

They simply pick up the ball and then drive their shoulder into the tackler so he has no choice but to take them high.

They drop their knees. Watch closely if you watch the game again.

They are very good at it, and it's no mistake, they are coached to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm biased, of course. But I watched today's game with a mate who follows Collingwood. He was incredulous at the consistently one-sided umpiring. Eagles player ducks into a tackle, throws his head back = free. North player gets taken high = play on.

Cox consistently grappled with McIntosh in the ruck/marking contests ; frees only went Cox's way.

Not sure if the worst call all day was :
a) Harper gets taken high, then someone gets into his back. I laughed and said, Wehave to cop two infringements before they'll pay us a free..............but no, free for holding the ball! :eek:

OR
b) Darling gathers the ball next to the bhind post, just stops it going out, Spud tackles him, Darling makes NO PRETENCE AT AN ATTEMPT to dispose of the ball.........Ball-up, leading directly to the 20th free of the day for a high tackle, and another Eagles goal.

So don't worry about the free kick differential. There's 2 West Coast's way that clearly should have been North frees a moment earlier.

With regard to the frees for high tackles (which weren't frees whenever a North player was taken high) : some of them were just undisciplined football on our part. A lot of them were Eagles just blatantly milking frees. If the director of umpiring wasn't a drooling moron, something might get done about it.

Whatever happened to the umpire calling "Ducked into it, play on."????

This is what happens when a moron like Geischen is callin the shots.

It's bullshit.

I'm baised, of course. But I watched today's game with a mate who follows Collingwood. He was incredulous at the consistently one-sided umpiring. Eagles player ducks into a tackle, throws his head back = free. North player gets taken high = play on.

Cox consistently grappled with McIntosh in the ruck/marking contests ; frees only went Cox's way.

Not sure if the worst call all day was :
a) Harper gets taken high, then someone gets into his back. I laughed and said, Wehave to cop two infringements before they'll pay us a free..............but no, free for holding the ball! :eek:

OR
b) Darling gathers the ball next to the bhind post, just stops it going out, Spud tackles him, Darling makes NO PRETENCE AT AN ATTEMPT to dispose of the ball.........Ball-up, leading directly to the 20th free of the day for a high tackle, and another Eagles goal.

So don't worry about the free kick differential. There's 2 West Coast's way that clearly should have been North frees a moment earlier.

With regard to the frees for high tackles (which weren't frees whenever a North player was taken high) : some of them were just undisciplined football on our part. A lot of them were Eagles just blatantly milking frees. If the director of umpiring wasn't a drooling moron, something might get done about it.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: +1 here,they are VERY good at it though,the Geish say's all clear

The 6 free kicks that had me completly baffled were the 6 that went to Cox... almost all at throw ins.

His tactic was to somehow turn into Hamish and end up chest to chest (with his back towards the boundary) and tuck his head under Hamish's chin...... then just wave his arms around to indicate he wanted a free kick... and somehow it worked. 6 times??

yep, I was going ape at this. Brad, needs to highlite this in the media, or Goldy Tweet about it!

not only that, they are good at raising their free arm in a tackle to make the tackling arm slide up to their shoulder. Not sure what annoys me more, the fact they keep getting away with it the fact we dont do it.

Cox had the arm wave = free working to suck a goal in the last quarter as well as around he ground.

Very frustrating to watch that umpiring, it was so predictable as play went on to see which they would pay to Eagles players and which would not get paid to North. Usually I can stand back and see how free kicks favour the side making the play, but today was just inconsistent rubbish.

Cox had the arm wave = free working to suck a goal in the last quarter as well as around he ground.

Very frustrating to watch that umpiring, it was so predictable as play went on to see which they would pay to Eagles players and which would not get paid to North. Usually I can stand back and see how free kicks favour the side making the play, but today was just inconsistent rubbish.

Cox was Goodesesque today. The number of times he complained for free kicks was staggering. Sadly he got some too.

FFS, how often did the umpires call play on when we moved back with the mark. :mad:

Cunnington simply faced sideways and raised the ball and the umpire called out play on as he had moved off his mark.

I literally burst out laughing at that point. I was beyond anger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Free kicks 17 - 5 at half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back