MRP / Trib. Free Lachie Ash - A 100% Innocent Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
How on earth has Lachie even been cited by the MRO?

The Freo player’s left arm was NEVER pinned by Lachie in a simple regulation tackle.

The only reason the Freo player was injured is that he stubbornly and recklessly refused to release or dispose of the ball in line with the rules of the game.

The contact with the ground was 100 per cent fully avoidable by the Freo player.

Lachie merely a bystander following the AFL’s tackle directives to the letter.

Free Lachie!

IMG_1096.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Freo player’s left arm was NEVER pinned by Lachie in a simple regulation tackle.
Um I love your passion but your photo shows Lachie holding/pinning the guy's wrist. They don't seem to care about having one arm free any more.

From the Tribunal:

Flynn (AFL) says Ash breached the duty of care he owed to Young while he was in a vulnerable position.

Anais d'Arville (Giants): At all times, Young could've used his left arm to cushion his fall.

The Giants note the case of Toby Bedford's tackle on Tim Taranto, which noted a reasonable player would've released at least one of Taranto's arms, which is what Ash did in this instance.

The Tribunal is now deliberating.

So, if they are true to what they've said in the past, it should be a quick decision to overturn. AFL says a tackler should release one arm, and that's what Lachie did.

If they still ping him after that, then it's just a cynical exercise in rubbing guys out based on the result.

The Giants note the case of Toby Bedford's tackle on Tim Taranto, which noted a reasonable player would've released at least one of Taranto's arms, which is what Ash did in this instance.

So, if they are true to what they've said in the past, it should be a quick decision to overturn. AFL says a tackler should release one arm, and that's what Lachie did.

If they still ping him after that, then it's just a cynical exercise in rubbing guys out based on the result.
They are deliberating a long time.
I bet they're trying to find a way to ignore their own previous statement...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth has Lachie even been cited by the MRO?

The only reason the Freo player was injured is that he stubbornly and recklessly refused to release or dispose of the ball in line with the rules of the game.

The contact with the ground was 100 per cent fully avoidable by the Freo player.

Lachie merely a bystander following the AFL’s tackle directives to the letter.

Free Lachie!

View attachment 2084918

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Only one arm pinned

Hawthorn great Luke Hodge is confused by a trio of MRO verdicts, believing the outcomes to be inconsistent.

Last week, GWS defender Lachie Ash was suspended for a week for a dangerous tackle, something the club could not beat at the AFL Tribunal. Now in Round 24, Carlton’s Matt Owies has been banned for a similar tackle from behind, while Bulldogs defender Liam Jones has escaped a ban for a sling tackle. Jones’ was graded ‘low’ impact, while the other two were classed medium impact.

“I’m rapt for Liam Jones. Just for the fact that he’s had a long journey and never played in a final,” Hodge told SEN’s Sportsday. But I wonder how Lachie Ash is feeling from last week. The Giants went and contested it and was found guilty. I actually thought that Ash’s tackle was less than Jones’ and less than Matt Owies’."

“If I was Lachie Ash I’d be sitting there going – ‘I was robbed’."

“I’m sitting here going, where’s the consistency? If it is consistent, no worries. You can accept a mistake, but this is so inconsistent for similar tackles. The Bulldogs are sitting there going ‘how lucky are we’, and then you look at Carlton and GWS, you’ve got to be frustrated as a team and a player.”

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Free Lachie Ash - A 100% Innocent Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back