Fremantle 0 , Collingwood 14 games at the MCG in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

You disagree?

Not a fact?

Obviously you didn't read past the headline.

As for the OP, not one club would want to play Freo at the MCG. Talk

about dreary!

get off yourself .

the fixtures were supposed to be fair and have never been.

All teams should have more than 1 game there / year and Fremantle dont even get 1

What if Freo make the finals (i know very unlikely) and we play an elimination final at the G (again very unlikely) how is that fair on our new players adjusting to the ground atmosphere etc and blah blah?
I KNOW IT IS VERY UNLIKELY.... And I know an elite football player should be able to play anywhere, however we all knw there are limits to that.

He has absolutely nothing to complain about.

You obviously hoped WCE asked for two matches against WB, StK, Geelong and Hawthorn, didn't you?

get off yourself .

All teams should have more than 1 game there / year and Fremantle dont even get 1

Spare me. :rolleyes:

When have the fixtures EVER been fair or even? How can they fit 16 teams into 22 rounds? There are plenty of suggestions for other ways, but, as it is, it's always going to be unfair. I'm annoyed that we cop the best four sides in the comp twice, but there's benefits to it - we will know where we sit, for real, after 22 weeks. But that doesn't seem to stop clowns saying it's an easy draw.

Agree that Freo are hard done by, but it ain't like they earnt it.

get off yourself .

So why put Collingwood in the thread title?

Oh yes, because you know that you will then actually have someone view the thread and think you have something noteworthy.

What if Freo make the finals (i know very unlikely) and we play an elimination final at the G (again very unlikely) how is that fair on our new players adjusting to the ground atmosphere etc and blah blah?
I KNOW IT IS VERY UNLIKELY.... And I know an elite football player should be able to play anywhere, however we all knw there are limits to that.
You cant play at every ground, what if we had to travel to Sydney and ANZ was unavailable? We havent played at the SCG in a long time

This is one of the few times where I am inclined to agree with the Collingwood supporters.

They do not have an unfairly good fixture. Look at the draw the rest of this years top four have. I am much happier as a doggies supporter than I would be if we had got the draw Collingwood did.

As to the location of their games...do you think that other clubs had nothing to do with it? $$$$$$ for everyone, it has nothing to do with bias.

Fremantle will never fill the G no matter who they play, very simple. The AFL is a business, and does not run on sentiment.

OK

round 4 ...put Freo and Saints at the MCG and switch Collingwood and the Hawks to Etihad

round 17 ...Put Freo and the Dogs at the MCG and switch Collingwood and Richmond to Etihad .

then you will whinge re WE dont have enough days breaks between matches.

Stop thinking of yourselves and think of the other clubs as well .

OK

round 4 ...put Freo and Saints at the MCG and switch Collingwood and the Hawks to Etihad

round 17 ...Put Freo and the Dogs at the MCG and switch Collingwood and Richmond to Etihad .

OK I'm glad you do not run a business....

Are you insane?

Saints vs Freo will get a maximum of 25-30k
Collingwood Vs Hawks will get around 65-70k

You want to swap this? You'd be taking away $$$ you fool.

Dogs Vs Freo will get a maximum of 20-25k
Collingwood Vs Richmond will get around 75-80k

Even more so in this case!!!!!!!!! that would be a loss of around 30000 seats to swap venues, just because you think it is fair.

Your argument is a joke.

OK I'm glad you do not run a business....

Are you insane?

Saints vs Freo will get a maximum of 25-30k
Collingwood Vs Hawks will get around 65-70k

You want to swap this? You'd be taking away $$$ you fool.

Dogs Vs Freo will get a maximum of 20-25k
Collingwood Vs Richmond will get around 75-80k

Even more so in this case!!!!!!!!! that would be a loss of around 30000 seats to swap venues, just because you think it is fair.

Your argument is a joke.

His "argument" is totally clouded by Collingwood hatred.

Don't even bother

No, instead we will say that Collingwood, Hawthorn and Richmond are MCG tenants. We play home games there. It makes no sense to play them elsewhere. Add to that the fact that we would pack out the ground with absolute ease, leaving 1000s outside, it makes no sense.

Waaa waaa waaa.

This is one of the few times where I am inclined to agree with the Collingwood supporters.

They do not have an unfairly good fixture. Look at the draw the rest of this years top four have. I am much happier as a doggies supporter than I would be if we had got the draw Collingwood did.

As to the location of their games...do you think that other clubs had nothing to do with it? $$$$$$ for everyone, it has nothing to do with bias.

Fremantle will never fill the G no matter who they play, very simple. The AFL is a business, and does not run on sentiment.

Fill the MCG? How do the Doggies get any games there then?

No-one is suggesting that the AFL be run on sentiment. We also understand that Freo will never fill the MCG. Having said that, neither will Brisbane, Port, Adelaide or West Coast and they get games there. Poor crowds in Melbourne aren't the responsibility of the visitors to address, just like the poor crowd at the Brisbane game at Subiaco in 2009 was nothing to do with Brisbane and everything to do with Freo.

It's about giving teams the opportunity to play games at grounds where finals* will be played. Has any club ever not had a single MCG game before?

Before you say it, I know that Freo are unlikely to make the finals. That's not the point. Neither are Port or West Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fill the MCG? How do the Doggies get any games there then?

No-one is suggesting that the AFL be run on sentiment. We also understand that Freo will never fill the MCG. Having said that, neither will Brisbane, Port, Adelaide or West Coast and they get games there. Poor crowds in Melbourne aren't the responsibility of the visitors to address, just like the poor crowd at the Brisbane game at Subiaco in 2009 was nothing to do with Brisbane and everything to do with Freo.

It's about giving teams the opportunity to play games at grounds where finals* will be played. Has any club ever not had a single MCG game before?

Before you say it, I know that Freo are unlikely to make the finals. That's not the point. Neither are Port or West Coast.

You have LESS fans capable of going to the MCG than we do. This is a fact.

It doesn't matter which team you play, you will never go over 50000. There are two factors here. First, you are an interstate team with little support in Melbourne.

Second and more importantly, you aren't a very good team - there will not be the same level of interest in a Fremantle game, and as such not even the supporters of the team you are playing will go for a full turnout. Port or West coast will always get more numbers to their games in Melbourne because people actually care about seeing their team play against them.

Nobody gives a stuff about Fremantle in Melbourne, rightly or wrongly,and they do care about Port and WCE - they have had success in the last 15 years and people get more joy out of watching their team play them. If you were to improve on field all of this would change, but the fact is that, unlike Freo, it does not matter about how port or wce are playing on field - people in melb will still come to watch their games.

You have LESS fans capable of going to the MCG than we do. This is a fact.

It doesn't matter which team you play, you will never go over 50000. There are two factors here. First, you are an interstate team with little support in Melbourne.

Second and more importantly, you aren't a very good team - there will not be the same level of interest in a Fremantle game, and as such not even the supporters of the team you are playing will go for a full turnout. Port or West coast will always get more numbers to their games in Melbourne because people actually care about seeing their team play against them.

Nobody gives a stuff about Fremantle in Melbourne, rightly or wrongly,and they do care about Port and WCE - they have had success in the last 15 years and people get more joy out of watching their team play them. If you were to improve on field all of this would change, but the fact is that, unlike Freo, it does not matter about how port or wce are playing on field - people in melb will still come to watch their games.

The teams both Port Adelaide and Fremantle played in 2009 in Melbourne

Port Adelaide
v Noth M: 14,342
v Collingwood: 34,793
v Melbourne: 15,888

Fremantle
v North Melbourne: 15,436
v Collingwood: 44,114
v Melbourne: 13,004

NICE RESEARCH

The teams both Port Adelaide and Fremantle played in 2009 in Melbourne

Port Adelaide
v Noth M: 14,342
v Collingwood: 34,793
v Melbourne: 15,888

Fremantle
v North Melbourne: 15,436
v Collingwood: 44,114
v Melbourne: 13,004

NICE RESEARCH

Selective research by you. List the day of the game, and the round. Plus the last one doesnt mean anything - if anything it supports my argument.

Also, include the WCE crowd numbers.

No interstate supporter should ever whinge about Collingwoods 14 MCG home games, that deal was signed to allow them home finals when they earn them

But perhaps the op should have looked more at Hawthorn, they sell 4 home games yet still manage 12 at the MCG

Wouldn't have sold papers. OP must be a journalist in disguise.

And the funny thing is that Malthouse is whinging about the draw because he has to play top 3 sides twice.

Try being an interstate team.

What is even funnier is that despite the obvious advantages they still can't win a flag. ;)

EXACTLY!!!...shows you how good you have to be to be an interstate team,and win away games,get into finals, and then some!..i dont know about conspiracies,but there seems to be some closeknit collusion going on between AFL and the Eddie+the sargnt major Show..and as you said,they still cant snatch it!?

Great to see Demetriou , Anderson and co and doing a nice job in keeping the fixtures balanced .

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

North seem to have been done financially re home fixtures

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

As mentioned above, (as it is every year) Collingwood gets 14 games at the MCG as part of the AFL's contract with the MCG. That deal allows interstate teams to host preliminary finals. Why are people so surprised every year that Collingwood has 14 games at the MCG? We all know it is going to happen as the AFL are contracted to do so.

It's a shame that Freo don't get to play at the MCG (mainly for the Freo fans not getting to go to the G), but an Essendon fan bringing it up and creating a thread? Get a life and worry about your own teams situation!

Every year there are winners and losers and it will continue that way until the end of time until everyone plays each other twice.

It is a dissapointment that Freo fans in Melbourne don't get to go the G

However, the bigger dissapointment is the continued disadvantage to interstate teams, especially Fremantle and WC who have to travel every second week across the country. I never understand why in past years it has been Freo or WC who have had to play in Launceston and not two Melbourne clubs.

Does anyone have the difference in kilometres travelled between Freo, WCE and say a Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle 0 , Collingwood 14 games at the MCG in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back