Fremantle 0 , Collingwood 14 games at the MCG in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

No interstate supporter should ever whinge about Collingwoods 14 MCG home games, that deal was signed to allow them home finals when they earn them

Something people fail to recognise

It could also be argued that interstate sides have a distinct advantage. They play 10 games at home against a side that has travelled to them plus two matches at home without any travel advantage. Win as much as 1 game away and they should be in finals contention. Don't forget that when Collingwood play all of these games at the mcg, they play many of them against sides who also use it as a home ground. They have absolutely no advantage in these games.

Hallejuah!!!!! ;)

In a season where Freo have the remotest chance of playing in a GF, maybe you have a point.

Not the point. Our youngsters should have the chance to play there to build up experience.

If Freo had even 100 fans in Melbourne or who travel, maybe you would have a point.

Irrelevant. Melbourne can barely get 100 fans to an MCG game either.

Not the point. Our youngsters should have the chance to play there to build up experience.

Irrelevant. Melbourne can barely get 100 fans to an MCG game either.
time to give it a rest man, you guys have a real home ground advantage, our only home ground advantage is when we play interstate teams in melbourne.

It's not like Freo need the MCG matches for finals practise anyway...
Probably not, but the AFL shouldn't be making that presumption and building the fixture to meet it.
Every team - even if the went 0-22 the year before - should play at the MCG at least 3 times during the year, in case they do make the GF. That week is big enough for young players without having to the biggest they may ever play on a ground that a fair slice of the team has never played on.

Collingwood equals one premiership in 50 years.

How has the draw ever helped them?

except the Draw against West Caost in 1990 at VFL Park?

time to give it a rest man, you guys have a real home ground advantage, our only home ground advantage is when we play interstate teams in melbourne.

You seem to be arguing a different argument to what I'm talking about.

I couldn't care less how many games Collingwood have at the MCG.

Are Fremantle a Victorian team?

Cause if they are, I can understand them comparing themselves to other Victorian teams about a Victorian stadium.

Are Fremantle a Victorian team?

Cause if they are, I can understand them comparing themselves to other Victorian teams about a Victorian stadium.

Are any Freo fans comparing us to a Victorian team? Is the OP a Freo supporter?

People on this thread are struggling to distinguish between Freo supporters wanting a game at the MCG and the general bitching about Collingwood going on from other clubs' supporters.

Can I just clarify that I don't give a stuff as to how many games any other team plays at the MCG, or the draw in general as it pertains to other sides.

All I (and from what I can gather, all the other Freo posters) are saying is that if you are going to be playing the Grand Final at the MCG then EVERY team should have the opportunity to play their at least once a season.

While I appreciate that the possibility of Freo playing in the Grand Final is unlikely, Vlad and his cohorts are not qualified to make a judgement on who deserves to play there. And what if, by some chance, it did happen? You'd have a massive disadvantage, wouldn't you?

All we are asking for is ONE game. You think they could've got a computer to have worked that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to be arguing a different argument to what I'm talking about.

I couldn't care less how many games Collingwood have at the MCG.
true, sorry dude.

your right in every team should get a run at the G, but the AFLs damed if they do it and damed if they dont, i look forward to the day the lease between the AFL and the MCC expires, then we could play GFs at the minor premiers home state, its a very long contract though, 30 yrs maybe ? , but Adel and perth need time to boost their population and extend the capacity of their grounds, it will happen though.

Collingwood 14, Melbourne 14 games at the MCG in 2010. Anyone whinging about Melbourne's draw?
2009 - St.Kilda ONE game at the MCG. They didn't have any problems winning there in the finals apart from the big one.
Is there any point to this thread??:footy:

It's not where you play - it's WHO you play.

Collingwood 14, Melbourne 14 games at the MCG in 2010. Anyone whinging about Melbourne's draw?
2009 - St.Kilda ONE game at the MCG. They didn't have any problems winning there in the finals apart from the big one.
Is there any point to this thread??:footy:

It's not where you play - it's WHO you play.

ONE game. That's the whole f**king point. Never before (in my knowledge*) has a football team in this competition not been given a single game at the ground which hosts the Grand Final every year.

The fact that Fremantle don't play at the MCG at least once next season is disgusting, every team should be given at least a couple of opportunities to play on the ground throughout the season. But my question is, why did the op bring Collingwood into the argument?? There was absolutely no need, if the op was so concerned about Fremantle's bum draw they should have stated that rather than putting up a half arsed troll of Collingwood in order to gain interest in the thread...

Yeah the draw really is a bitch, We last had just a lousy practice match in Hobart in 2001, not a bloody thing since. Pretty well every town in mainland Oz would have seen some kind of AFL presence since then. Even during the 150th 'celebration' year the fat controller never even let us in to the party, no balloons, no streamers, certainly no footy, not bloody anything. Yeah its a tough draw all right HA!

^ Geez I wish the title was Freo 0, Dee's 14 games at the G.
Or just Freo 0 games at the G.
Then perhaps all you Collingwood supporters would see that the relevant point was that Freo don't get to play a single game at the ground that is commonly refered to as the home of football and where the Grand Final of a nationwide competition involving 16 teams is played.
Whilst I admit it is not likely imagine how it would look if we finished on top, won a couple of home finals and then had to travel to the MCG to play (Collingwood x Whoops sorry wouldn't want to seem like I was picking on your lot) a team that had played more than half of their seasons games there
when some of our guys had never played a game in their life there.
Try to look at that from an interstate teams point of view do you think it sound like a level playing field, surely given the amount of games played at the G and the fact that we play 6 games in Melbourne the AFL could have given us just one lousy game there.

Well said Alvin.

Its annoying that Collingwood were included in the OP. The insecure buggers have replied en masse ruining what could of been a good thread with a real point.

Freo have been screwed over.

Well said Alvin.

Its annoying that Collingwood were included in the OP. The insecure buggers have replied en masse ruining what could of been a good thread with a real point.

Freo have been screwed over.

Blame the OP, who started this thread with the full intention of trolling Collingwood.

On topic I full agree that Freo have been stiffed with no games at the 'G

I didnt include Melbourne who need help as they are struggling on and off the field unlike Collingwood .I thought that was obvious to you all but unfortunately many of you can only think of your own club .

I am not trolling against Collingwood.

I like many are disgusted and angry at the AFL for having little respect for clubs such as Fremantle and North Melbourne .

It isnt the VFL its the AFL and all clubs should be treated equally and they are not .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle 0 , Collingwood 14 games at the MCG in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back