Club Focus Fremantle 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited:
Bolton is exactly what fremantle need. Classy small forward who can also add pace to the center bounces when needed.

It makes so much sense. He's from just south of Perth, he's not gonna be playing finals any time soon af the tigers, Richmond need to rebuild before Tasmania comes in, and freo have 3 latish first which should go close to being an OK deal for the tigers.

This is one that I thought freo had to pursue before it got rumoured. Hope it works out badly.

Bolton is exactly what fremantle need. Classy small forward who can also add pace to the center bounces when needed.

It makes so much sense. He's from just south of Perth, he's not gonna be playing finals any time soon af the tigers, Richmond need to rebuild before Tasmania comes in, and freo have 3 latish first which should go close to being an OK deal for the tigers.

This is one that I thought freo had to pursue before it got rumoured. Hope it works out badly.
Richmond isn't going to accept three late first rounders for Bolton. I don't see any way Freo could get this done.

This draft is meant to be very shallow and is more of a midfield heavy draft
People say the draft is shallow even year.

Every. Single. Year.

As a counter, if you finish the season as well as you have started it...it may be the perfect time to pull a big move like this and push for a flag.

In 6th?

Still a very young team with plenty of growing to do, likely won't be a proper challenger until 2026. Those 3 draft picks could help us have an extended top 4 run.

Shai could help too but I do not believe he will be worth the investment in draft capital and salary cap. Unless Richmond want to be good dudes and pay a chunk for extra draft capital.

Sure, why not?

If you finish 5th or 6th with a young team, you're clearly well placed to make a bold move or two that may help push you over the edge.

You'd be getting Bolton as a 26 year old. He still has a lot of good footy ahead of him - possibly his best yet.

Richmond isn't going to accept three late first rounders for Bolton. I don't see any way Freo could get this done.
I agree I think we would need to give a little more, but there could always be more added to it, either future picks or a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Shai Bolton will cost too much to be worth it for Fremantle. He hasn’t performed to the level of justifying two first rounders for a while IMO, but Richmond could justifiably ask for it if he tries to get out of his contract so early. I’d be more than happy for them to trade two first rounders and a second for Warner.

Bolton has roughly a .03% chance of being a Docker next year, but I’ll entertain the chances for a minute.

IF he requests a trade. Richmond will demand 4 first rounders and a young player (call it Erasmus). We will say no. We’ll counter with some poxy offer of 2 firsts. Richmond will say no.

That’s it.

The only reason I even give it .03% chance is if somehow Tigers have messed up their books and need to remove some salary. I give that an incredibly low percentage, but that may be possible. OR possibly some compassionate reason for the individual, which last time I checked $$$ ain’t it.

Jeremy Cameron went for 3 late first rounders with 2 mid-seconds coming back.

Are we thinking Bolton is worth significantly more than JC??
Freo have access to 4 1st round picks and I'm sure at least one of them will be top 10 and it's the second time I've seen someone say "can't see how they get a trade done" which is bizarre.

Dockers have a good young ruck in Riedy who’s playing well in the WAFL with another promising even younger ruckman behind him in Knoble.
Both of these guys will struggle to get a game with Jackson and Darcy in the team, similar to Lloyd Meek before them.
I’d be more than happy to include Reidy in any trade deal, he’d be ideal for a team that’s about to rebuild like Richmond.
3 first rounders plus Reidy for both Baker and Bolton (if Chad Warner is a definite no), may have to include the saints second round pick we have as well at a push.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dockers have a good young ruck in Riedy who’s playing well in the WAFL with another promising even younger ruckman behind him in Knoble.
Both of these guys will struggle to get a game with Jackson and Darcy in the team, similar to Lloyd Meek before them.
I’d be more than happy to include Reidy in any trade deal, he’d be ideal for a team that’s about to rebuild like Richmond.
3 first rounders plus Reidy for both Baker and Bolton (if Chad Warner is a definite no), may have to include the saints second round pick we have as well at a push.

Knobel is Richmond royalty*

*early 2000s type royalty 😁

Ps - We have a dedicated “Death Watch” thread on our board given we have the Pies and Port’s first and Saints second round picks.
Tigers may want to kick off a “Death Watch by Proxy” thread - I mean who doesn’t want to add to the joy of the Pies going down hill !!🤣🤣

I think Shai Bolton will cost too much to be worth it for Fremantle. He hasn’t performed to the level of justifying two first rounders for a while IMO, but Richmond could justifiably ask for it if he tries to get out of his contract so early. I’d be more than happy for them to trade two first rounders and a second for Warner.
Freo's firsts will be in the teens. We will ask for more than 2 teens first rounders for Bolton.

He is contracted until 2028 which gives us significant reason to ask for way over market value.

Baker different story as he's OoC and closer to FA/RFA status in future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Fremantle 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back