Club Focus Fremantle 2024

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited:
Freo casting the net far and wide..you would hope they catch something

We are at that stage of the rebuild, we have a lot of young very good quality talent already playing and several high draft picks currently unable to get a game. Any new draft additions will just sit behind the queue and have a long time to wait given our older players are typically not in our top tier at the moment.
New draft picks would sit behind young A - B graders so a very long time to wait.
We are much better served by drafting in a couple of A grade mid 20-year-olds in specific areas of need than adding more “best available” teenagers we won’t use.
We have almost all of our required squad on long-term contracts and apparently have a bit of cap space and a bucket load of draft picks this year - it’s time to go shopping!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo's firsts will be in the teens. We will ask for more than 2 teens first rounders for Bolton.

He is contracted until 2028 which gives us significant reason to ask for way over market value.

Baker different story as he's OoC and closer to FA/RFA status in future.

I'm curious how they plan to get both.
3 1sts + a future 1st for Bolton & Baker....You'd think they'd need to sweeten that deal a bit.

If it happened though, Richmond's draft hand would be 4 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 3rds and 3 4ths with a future first just to put the cherry on top.

So perhaps the deal could be the 3 1sts, 1 & 2nd round for next year, and getting a couple of later picks back this year.

If this is a good deal for Freo probably depends on how close they think they are to a flag. If these 2 players mean they're a good chance to take that step, it's a good deal for them ( a great deal if they DO win flag(s) )...but if not, then nobody would be happy having sold their future just to be 'thereabouts'.

Will Freo roll those dice?

3 1sts + a future 1st for Bolton & Baker....You'd think they'd need to sweeten that deal a bit.

If it happened though, Richmond's draft hand would be 4 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 3rds and 3 4ths with a future first just to put the cherry on top.

So perhaps the deal could be the 3 1sts, 1 & 2nd round for next year, and getting a couple of later picks back this year.

If this is a good deal for Freo probably depends on how close they think they are to a flag. If these 2 players mean they're a good chance to take that step, it's a good deal for them ( a great deal if they DO win flag(s) )...but if not, then nobody would be happy having sold their future just to be 'thereabouts'.

4 firsts!!? There is absolutely no way we would give up that for Baker and Bolton. There is a chance that 2 of those are top 10

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

God I hope not.

4 x 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder? No way are Baker and Bolton worth that.

They would be far better taking those picks to the draft and try and getting sustained success.

Last edited:
God I hope not.

They would be far better taking those picks to the draft and try and getting sustained success.
Im not saying that 4 firsts will be the deal, but if you're looking at sustained success, your window is going to be in the next 5-7 years, Bolton is 26 all next season and Baker is 27 all next season, those guys easily support your window in the next 5 years.

TBH I don't see Freo getting Baker and Bolton. I think the Bolton talk is a bit of media make up to talk about something.

Baker I think go, Bolton I think stays.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

God I hope not.

What do you think they'd be worth?

Consider the Freo picks are mostly late firsts, Bolton would be worth more than the 2 best ones, and Baker more than the one remaining.

Freo's picks next year would, you'd hope, be pretty late too, so 1+2 would both be late in those rounds.

So yeah, 4 1sts and steak knives (a late future 2nd for some 3rds and/or 4ths)

What do you think it would take to get both of those players?

4 firsts!!? There is absolutely no way we would give up that for Baker and Bolton. There is a chance that 2 of those are top 10

As of last week, they're 10, 13, and 15, so all in the 2nd half of the first round.

Where do you think Freo will end up next year if they get these players? (and thus, what would their F1 be)

As of last week, they're 10, 13, and 15, so all in the 2nd half of the first round.

Where do you think Freo will end up next year if they get these players? (and thus, what would their F1 be)
Have you had a look at Collingwood and Ports run home? Its absolutely no given that they make the 8 and same with Fremantle this year. Collingwoods run home in particular is hard.

10,13 and 15 to me should easily get you Bolton and Baker. Maybe I'm in the minority. If we had those players id hope Top 4

Personally think they’re worth a first each.

You can argue all you like on Bolton. He’s a lot flash but not much bang…the bang comes once a month.

We saw typical Bolton last night, a lot of flashy runs, turnovers and a 25 m out direct in front soda miss.
Sometime this month he’ll get 15 and kick four.

And Baker was Baker, solid clean, not an out and out star but dependable and you’d be quite happy to have him

What do you think they'd be worth?

Consider the Freo picks are mostly late firsts, Bolton would be worth more than the 2 best ones, and Baker more than the one remaining.

Freo's picks next year would, you'd hope, be pretty late too, so 1+2 would both be late in those rounds.

So yeah, 4 1sts and steak knives (a late future 2nd for some 3rds and/or 4ths)

What do you think it would take to get both of those players?

At the moment Freo's picks are sitting at 10, 13 & 15 and let's say Freo will finish around 6th next year and call it 13 as well.

On top if those you think it good list management to throw in a 2nd rounder next year as well so call that pick 31.

2024 picks: 10, 13, 15
2025 picks: 13 & 31

In exchange for Shai Bolton and Liam Baker

No chance that happens. None. Richmond do that in a heartbeat laughing all the way to the draft.

As for the 2nd part of your discussion point I think that Shai Bolton probably goes for a pick around 10-15 with changes of later picks in Richmond's favour but that would only be if he wanted to go and Richmond wanted it to happen which I doubt.

Long contract says Richmond shouldn't trade him for anything less than significant overs and Fremantle hasn't had the success to warrant selling the farm on a cream only player. They still have a ways to go.

He is not worth a top 10 pick IMO, and I personally would prefer to go to the draft due to our list profile and the fact Tassie are coming in in a few years.

Baker is a bit harder for me but I'd be ok with the worst of our 1st round picks being used on him which may mean that is unders.

If Fremantle were to use four x 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder on these two players that would be peak Dockers shittery.

Personally think they’re worth a first each.

You can argue all you like on Bolton. He’s a lot flash but not much bang…the bang comes once a month.

We saw typical Bolton last night, a lot of flashy runs, turnovers and a 25 m out direct in front soda miss.
Sometime this month he’ll get 15 and kick four.

And Baker was Baker, solid clean, not an out and out star but dependable and you’d be quite happy to have him

I dare say Richmond values them significantly higher.

Not least because they're both the type of player who make the team better.

At the moment Freo's picks are sitting at 10, 13 & 15 and let's say Freo will finish around 6th next year and call it 13 as well.

On top if those you think it good list management to throw in a 2nd rounder next year as well so call that pick 31.

2024 picks: 10, 13, 15
2025 picks: 13 & 31

In exchange for Shai Bolton and Liam Baker

No chance that happens. None. Richmond do that in a heartbeat laughing all the way to the draft.

As for the 2nd part of your discussion point I think that Shai Bolton probably goes for a pick around 10-15 with changes of later picks in Richmond's favour but that would only be if he wanted to go and Richmond wanted it to happen which I doubt.

Long contract says Richmond shouldn't trade him for anything less than significant overs and Fremantle hasn't had the success to warrant selling the farm on a cream only player. They still have a ways to go.

He is not worth a top 10 pick IMO, and I personally would prefer to go to the draft due to our list profile and the fact Tassie are coming in in a few years.

Baker is a bit harder for me but I'd be ok with the worst of our 1st round picks being used on him which may mean that is unders.

If Fremantle were to use four x 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder on these two players that would be peak Dockers shittery.

If you think that with the addition of these players, Freo will only come 6th, then I agree, it'd be a bad move for the club. As I said, if this trade isn't going to push Freo into flag contention, then it's a bad deal for them. That the cost/benefit doesn't work out doesn't mean the cost is incorrect however. There are lots of trades that would be 'fair' that just don't happen because they're not worth it.

I'd also point out that with the 2nd rounder would have a couple of 3rd or 4th round picks coming back...something that would be useful given Freo's lack of picks after the trade...If Freo didn't want the picks back, a F3 or F4 would suffice. Nett result being that this part of the trade was always just meant to be the steak knives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dare say Richmond values them significantly higher.

Not least because they're both the type of player who make the team better.

I’m sure they do, but I look with my eyes not my feelings.

Chad Warner is a price worth paying. Bolton is not, not with 4 years left on his deal.

I mean they’re going to want more than we got for Lachie Neale, the guy who went on and won two Brownlows.

It’s a deal Schwab would’ve done, just…because…of the vibe…
Baker is worth a nice mid first round pick. He’s probably got 5 years left of top footy, is not elite but a good player. Worth a punt

Romours are starting about Darcy to geelong

I hope not, I would be devastated!
Big believer in the Darcy / Jackson combo.
Darcy has just signed a long term (5 or 6 year?) deal a few months back.
Geelong give away farms to their players but they’d have to sell the farm to get the required draft picks !!
Or… we swap Max Holmes ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Found where I saw it... no other places are reporting it so it doesn't seem legit

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240607_184023_Instagram.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240607_184023_Instagram.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 67
Freo reportedly looking at trading for carltons jack Martin

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Focus Fremantle 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back