Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Not good enough for long enough. Same as last week. This group has to get through this together. They need to.learn how to win as a team. They need to stick it out.
Unfortunately having been such a schizen club for so long, the outcome does feel predetermined.

I've read through this thread. A lot of good points being made.

I didn't watch the game fortunately, but I did listen to it...**** me you ****ers how in the shit does Taberner play again? Get ****ed you stupid ****wits in MC. He is finished as a player.

The players have made some pretty stupidly shit decisions all year and now the infection has spread to MC.

It's not hard. All JL had to do was put the leadership group in the blast furnace this week. He needs his leaders to start applying pressure to players like Banfield, Freddy, Sharp etc... these guys simply make too many mistakes for a premiership squad. Start applying the heat and the players that buckle should be moved on at the end of the year.

It's effort and intensity. They have the skills to be a premiership team, but they lack the toughness that mature sides have. I have said it for years now but Luke Ryan is a dickhead when he takes the kick ins. He should be banned for life and I bet if they stopped recording kick ins from behinds as a stat he'd stop doing them.

I want the club to wear our heritage jumper again next week, as the team took a collective shit on our heritage today with that performance.

I wish we were that over-rated
Lot of people trashing Port on here but finding a way to win and just actually getting the job done even if not at your best is an underrated skill that I wish we had a bit more of on our team. Seems like if everything doesn't go our way we fold.

Sad thing is this season has been a wasted opportunity.

The first Derby should of been a win but we didn't rock up.

Carlton
Port
Edgingdon
Should all have been wins but we choked hard.

Then throw in today and the Pies draw were both winnable.

We aren't that far away though.

If we miss the 8 does Longmuir get sacked? Or do they give him another year because of these injuries?

I genuinely don't know why we continue to fall apart under pressure, what is it?

Scared to attack the contest?

Just aren't equipped to handle it?

Don't care?

I just don't understand.

Seems to have hardly played forward the last 4 or 5 weeks. Interestingly, he's still kicked more goals this season than forward Freddy. Fred could do his major thing from Row 3 - observing.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Plays fwd plenty. Doesn’t pull the trigger. Just a limited hot/cold player.

Freddie is incredibly disappointing this year. Disappears far too often. Fumbly and dropping marks early and a big miss in the 2nd. Unsighted after

Forgot Frederick, complete liability. Picked because he's potentially dangerous but never does anything. Checked his stats on AFL and he's 'below average' in almost every key stat.

Agree.

He boils my piss. He’s pushing 23 now.

You get a pass for that if you’re Cooper Simpson in game 2… want him gone…

Lot of people trashing Port on here but finding a way to win and just actually getting the job done even if not at your best is an underrated skill that I wish we had a bit more of on our team. Seems like if everything doesn't go our way we fold.

Carlton
Port
Edgingdon

If we miss the 8 does Longmuir get sacked? Or do they give him another year because of these injuries?
Great post. Our injury list has been pretty good this year, we just lost crucial players in areas we can't adequately cover. It has been a wasted opportunity this year because we may not be quite so lucky next year.
As for Justin, we gave him the extra year so I imagine he will be safe but he has left himself more vulnerable than he needed to.

Something has to be done with Luke Ryan.
On paper, 36 disposals. Sounds elite.
But take into account it’s 13 behinds he’s taking.
He’s a large reason why the defence struggle in the last quarter. His kick ins rarely get to a man. He bombs the ball every chance he gets.
Surely the coaches have to change this. Force the pack just near the boundary line. Give Clark or Wagner a go.
It’s frustrating to watch. You just know what he is going to do every time

Forgot Frederick, complete liability. Picked because he's potentially dangerous but never does anything. Checked his stats on AFL and he's 'below average' in almost every key stat.

So bloody hot and cold. Capable of clunking hard hitting marks yet then goes cold.
He kicks back to back, he has 2 and he’s rising.

But it comes down to roles. This forward line doesn’t have the traditional half forward, full forward roles.
For example, Switkowski. He’s on the forward line but he’s up near the centre offering an outlet. That’s all he can do, because he sure ain’t kicking goals.
Same for Frederick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post our injury list has been pretty good this year, we just lost crucial players in areas we can't adequately cover. It has been a wasted opportunity this year because we may not be quite so lucky next year.
As for Justin, we gave him the extra year so I imagine he will be safe but he has left himself more vulnerable than he needed to.

We can still make the 8 by winning the next 2, but we trip on our own dicks every time we try and solidify our position.

Those who aren’t performing need to be punted.

Erasmus, Brodie, Drizzy, and Aish should be given a go…Aish returning…

O’Meara burnt a lot of credit today

Something has to be done with Luke Ryan.
On paper, 36 disposals. Sounds elite.
But take into account it’s 13 behinds he’s taking.
He’s a large reason why the defence struggle in the last quarter. His kick ins rarely get to a man. He bombs the ball every chance he gets.
Surely the coaches have to change this. Force the pack just near the boundary line. Give Clark or Wagner a go.
It’s frustrating to watch. You just know what he is going to do every time
Yeh this bombing long doesn't work when we don't have our best fwd structure in place. Needed to move it fast from back half but when def took a mark they stop, prop, think then bomb it long

Carlton
Port
Edgingdon

and Hawks

Meh, I’m not even angry anymore, there’s a point you eventually get to where you just don’t care as much, like IP last year, just emotionally checked out. That game last week was probably a tipping point.

I’ve never been superstitious but I’m honestly starting to think that this club is cursed. Luck occasionally comes here but generally doesn’t stick around long enough.

Fully checked out now 👍
pretty much hoping we miss finals at this point so as not to paper over any cracks
Not that anything would change because the narrative would be some spin about how developing and not ready yet

Or people pointing to how shite we have been historically, so we should be happy with 10th and 12.5 wins, losing 4 in a row to end the year, or hell maybe we can dream big and win a game then barrack for other teams to lose so we can finish 8th! Yeah get some sweet finals experience by getting smashed by the Bulldogs or Carlton in Melbourne, because that finals experience meant so much from 22 coming into ‘23.

This year is an embarrassing write off when we were good enough to be fighting for a flag. The team choked. Over and over and over again.

Carlton
Port
Edgingdon

Any chance of that extension goes down the toilet if we missed the finals from the spot we were in.

I just can't see it though whose coming in to take our spot.

I still think we beat Port at Home.

I suspect Moose will have to play that game given the situation we have found ourselves in.

Fully checked out now 👍
pretty much hoping we miss finals at this point so as not to paper over any cracks
Making finals or not there's no cracks to paper over. It's glaringly obvious what our deficiencies are regardless of how many more games we win this season. Making finals isn't going to change any of that.

All been said. Lost this at selection. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm not sure what was going on with Brayshaw, looked cooked out there at times. There was one passage in the last where he took a mark in our D50, camera is behind him, we're a goal down with about 5 to play, Switta (I think) is absolutely clear about 40M ahead of him in a straight line down the guts, Brayshaw just ignores him and dilly dallies before going sideways. Just summed up everything about today.
To be clear I'm not saying Brayshaw was terrible or lost us the game but I'm still scratching my head about that decision and why he seemed to be walking around without any of his usual hustle today.

Fyfe - I just get sadder and sadder watching him make poor decisions, throw the ball on the boot, not even compete in the air anymore. Makes it worse seeing Danger still bursting from clearances and taking powerful marks. Fyfe did a few good things but he's a shadow.

Banfield was abominable. Just awful. Did not do one thing right all game.

Taberner was a waste of a jumper. Ditto Voss. Admittedly both did one good thing each in 4 quarters

Jackson hasn't played a good game for so long I've forgotten how good he can be. Can't take a contested mark to save his life.

Clark was BOG. Heart of a lion. Chappy scrapped well and made some great decisions. Draper was solid, Walker did some good things.

Young amazing in patches but was well held at times. Ditto Serong. Johnson was decent.

Didn't even realise O'Meara as out there till the 2nd quarter. Not good enough.

Amiss, Freddy, Sturt all did a few good things but not nearly enough of them.

I think that's our season. No way we beat GWS or Port on current form and Hawks will take our spot in the 8.

I'm checked out mentally for the year once Geelong were 4 up. Did not once think we would win today even when we hit the front. Exciting game but ultimately devastating.

Such a nearly year. We don't lose Pearce and most of Darcy and maybe things are different.

You're all smarts and no balls JL.

Brodie - 44 Disposals and a goal.
But no we don't like his defensive game, so no thanks.

Reidy - 54 hitouts.
You don't have what it takes son.

It actually hits worse because he's the best tactical coach we've ever had, he clearly bleeds purple but he will not play certain players due to an intrinsic belief they don't have it, when said players may actually have it. He will not move the magnets, he will not implement a Plan B.

If we miss finals this year then for me it sits squarely with the coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back