Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong didn't do anything special except work rate. We played like shit and almost beat them. Same thing last week with the Bombers.
Depressing as f**k

We have some dumb as **** footballers and I am not talking about the biggest of the lot in Tabs. We have dumb campaigners in the back half. The amount of times they make the wrong decision with ball in hand is ridiculous for professional footballers. People lament Sharp for not getting it enough but so many times he is in space or we have an outnumber on his wing but you have morons like Ryan and Cox who elect to slow the game down and play kick to kick with each other instead of taking the option in space. We really need a damaging half back who is willing to take the game on instead of leaving it to the morons to just bomb it long down the line.

We weren't ever really contenders tbf. Virtually every opportunity to put a stamp on this season has been squandered.
Whilst I know where your coming from (it kinda really only looks like this way now tho) its more in relation to the rest of the competition and just how up and down every team has been this year, inc the more experienced ones.

I mean we possibly only needed to win ONE of these games we’ve shat the bed in and the team was genuine chance at top 4 and from there , in a season like this anything is possible (again fwiw I still had major doubts we could actually win it too but the experience of playing in big finals /potentially a pre lim would have been invaluable for our team.
And sped the whole learning process up

Not to mention the awesome excitement us fans would have garnered from the ride aswell!!

As it is ,next year is apparently our window fully opening (according to everyone who thinks we’re too young anyway) and as it stands the majority of the team will have played in 1-2 finals THREE full years ago by that stage

Now That’s just not the profile of a team ready to contend.
So in which case our whole timeline for contention realistically gets pushed back one MORE year…again… despite five year plans and 2 top 4 by 25’ and the entire organisation from the top down saying our youth is no excuse….

Your not owed anything no matter how much you plan and prepare for something, you still have to take your opportunities when they arise(we ve had a good run with injury maybe we get decimated next year??)
And right now this freo team is squandering theirs

Some times this board makes me sick.

Who would have thought we lose a close game with out Pearce, Treacy and Darcy.

Cameron and Miers scored two of the most fluked goals iv seen.

We were carrying taberner and voss choked. If people think reidy would have made the difference today they need to watch a game of Peel.

No one would think Sydney would win with out Heeney, Gulden and Chad.

We are a super young side with 3 of our most important players injured.

It ****ing hurts but that's football. Don't turn on everyone because of it.

We are going to be a ****ing powerhouse, this list is in the best position I have see all my years watching football. We are too young to win the flag this season regardless of injuries.

Don't turn on our club now, back the boys in as much as it hurts.
True last week hurt more, but think it was because so much on the line this game. Normally this result we'd see less melts

I’m
We have some dumb as **** footballers and I am not talking about the biggest of the lot in Tabs. We have dumb campaigners in the back half. The amount of times they make the wrong decision with ball in hand is ridiculous for professional footballers. People lament Sharp for not getting it enough but so many times he is in space or we have an outnumber on his wing but you have morons like Ryan and Cox who elect to slow the game down and play kick to kick with each other instead of taking the option in space. We really need a damaging half back who is willing to take the game on instead of leaving it to the morons to just bomb it long down the line.

Add Freddy to that.

On one occasion he had the ball, and Tabs was actually 20 meters clear…

He fannied around and literally waited until Tabs was manned by two players to then kick it to him…****ing diabolical

Always disappointing to lose but I thought we dug pretty deep in the 2nd and 3rd to get back into the game.

Tbh when I sat in my seat and got the memo about Darcy out, I was pretty much ready to turn around and go home then and there.

Bit sad that the season is all but over. Treacy’s injury last week was a sliding door moment.

Yes, it's noticeable when Ryan and cox play together. They love kicking to each other. Then you have drapes and walker who love kicking to each other. So there you have a four square set up from oppo goal line to def 50

They seem to do slot of this in the third quarter, and then by the fourth in a tight game we get overrun or the mids can't win a clearance

Last edited:
Clarkey was very good today I thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South's ruckman was not playing today due to injury, Reid went up against a secondary ruck. Despite people calling for Reidy he hasn't actually set the world on fire at the WAFL. We probably should have trialled him though.
I don't think Reidy will do much when he comes in. But Jackson isn't doing anything in the ruck either, so it's probably overall better to leave our forward line as stable as possible and have Jackson stay back there.

I don't think Reidy will do much when he comes in. But Jackson isn't doing anything in the ruck either, so it's probably overall better to leave our forward line as stable as possible and have Jackson stay back there.
Agreed, we need a secondary ruck option sooner rather then later.

I was at the game and this dead set muppet was screammmmming for the ball on so many occasions, when we would kick it to him he would just bomb it on his boot to a pack in the 50. When we didn’t kick it to him boy did he crack the shits. I’m so over him and his laconic mate cox.

P.S I love our boys but I’m over it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ryan was great in his AA year when he had to actually defend but he's been getting by on reputation for a while now and his kick ins drive me mad.

There’s only 2 results happening next week. Freo win by less than 10 or we get obliterated by 80+.
No other result will happen.

It will be like last year, we’ll get obliterated by 80-100 points. GWS are in amazing form. They are my flag favourites at the moment, their dip in form coincided with Sam Taylor going out and a number of stars being injured. They are all back and in form.

Sigh, just sigh

We just arent good enough yet. Treacy and Pearce are comfortably our most important players. Losing Pearce for the last 8 rounds basically and then adding Treacy on top of it as well as Darcy being basically cooked the whole season is a bridge too far when a top 8ish team turns up to play.

We bottled this season on other games during the year giving it away in the last against lesser teams while being full strength.

Any other club you'd just chalk up to growing and get really excited about next year (see Hawks board) but man, it's tough when you've been waiting so long and you can see this might finally be the squad that does it and it's just tossed away.

It's pretty deflating and crushing. All you can really do is sigh.

Still need to somehow sneak into finals, even getting beaten easily week 1 is useful experience.

Missing in 04 and 05 likely was a disadvantage when we finally got back in in 06.
It would be the full Docker way to somehow win the last 2 games but if Treacy isn't back next week we are no chance. He makes everything in the forward line click.

People need to stop bringing up Reidy. IF HE WAS ANYWHERE NEAR UP TO IT HE WOULD HAVE PLAYED FFS. Clearly the coaches don't think he is close to good enough to play. Sucks for us that our two backups aren't playable but it is what it is.
On the other hand, there is no way that mooted 1 year extension is for anything but show and trade currency. We CLEARLY dont rate him. To add to it, Knobel is dumped at reserves wasting development time that is needed

Sigh, just sigh

We just arent good enough yet. Treacy and Pearce are comfortably our most important players. Losing Pearce for the last 8 rounds basically and then adding Treacy on top of it as well as Darcy being basically cooked the whole season is a bridge too far when a top 8ish team turns up to play.

We bottled this season on other games during the year giving it away in the last against lesser teams while being full strength.

Any other club you'd just chalk up to growing and get really excited about next year (see Hawks board) but man, it's tough when you've been waiting so long and you can see this might finally be the squad that does it and it's just tossed away.

It's pretty deflating and crushing. All you can really do is sigh.
Just a heartbreaking season really.

I've not read the last 10 pages but I've finished one very stiff G&T while chaperoning my recently spayed, stitch laden, 5 month old kittens and I've arrived upon a conclusion.

Anyone who thought we'd win that as soon as Darcy out, Tabs in officially dropped, is mad.

Anyone who thought we'd win that at three quarter time is completely justified in being well and truly dismayed at the result.

The stakes have risen as the season has advanced and any buffer our previous good work had granted us has been well and truly rendered away these last two weeks.

Injuries and the draw have been an excuse for these performances all year, the fact is that they are both inevitabilities that partner with our existence as the Freo football club.

We've had a clear and committed plan B all year, one I've been supportive of as an out of the know, dyed in the wool Freo tragic, anyone but Brodie, anyone but Reidy.

I'm a seafarer, I'm not a footy brain, I make my assumptions from what I see and read.

As a man I was a lazy FIFO full forward who was good for a speccy and clutch goal which masked over the fact I never laid a tackle, barely showed up to one training a week and when I played, I pushed a heart and soul clubman to the backline, most likely because my mate was player/coach.

I'm not a saint, but I've always been too self aware, which has been a virtue and a shortcoming depending on the situation, mostly because it has led me to indecision.

I've always believed Longmuir to be painfully self aware too, and the time has come for him to windex the mirror, turn on the hospital white, halogen tube and lean in until every wrinkle, scar and burgeoning clogged pore is standing proud and tall (like Danger was tonight in the fourth) and be decisive, because whatever his line coaches or the list manager or his own personal biases have said or done to contribute to what has now become this Reidy-less, Brodie-less match comittee faff must stop.

I didnt watch the Peel game so I'm making my assumptions from stats and feel free to pull me up if I'm way off, but...

Reidy 54 hitouts, 19 disp, 7 i50's and 3 tackles.

Brodie 44 disposals, 3 tackles, 5 i50's and a goal.

Cooper had an efficient day with 10 disposals and 2.2 and Delean 4 disposals for one goal but otherwise no Freo listed forward touched the scoreboard in a close win against Souths.

Tell me, tell me, tell me that we wouldn't have won that game (let alone any of these other close last quarter fade outs) with just a couple, or few, extra first hands to the ball, be it from a hitout or a groundball get.

The sad thing is that our spine is so depleted without Darcy, Alex and JT that making one or both of those changes now, it might be doomed to fail.

If the ITK's on here have an understanding of why Brodie and Reidy appear to be persona non-grata but have been, or are, signed for another year, please I beg you, put this to rest.

We havent had an inspiring sub since Wagner forced his way in and less so, when Son Son has popped up to briefly raise his finger to his lips.

Failure is feedback, one sip, beaten in the contest and all that, whatevs, I'm here til I die or we get nuked.

I'm a lucky guy and it might be the privelege deeply entwined within my very existence speaking when I say "When is it going to be our turn?", I believe soon, but can we justify these burgeoning big dollar trades and pine for a culture of market or less-than paypackets for drafted stars, if the members and god-forbid players, have no faith in the match commitee, the vitriol on the clubs IG last week mustve been so distressing for Erasmus.

There's alot going on here and I know I'm shaking my fist at the sky, but this season is feeling just like the bookless seasons of GOT, thank the Seven for the Deathride and therapy or my garden would be looking as healthy and organised as I'd planned it would be this deep into the dry.

Cry for help over and out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back