Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

JOM took the advantage off a holding the ball at HF and kicked it to Jack Henry 🤦‍♂️ Game was in the balance. Under a kick in it, Geelong in front. Can’t say it’s a lack of experience as he’s played over 150 games. He has been hit/miss this season. Expected more from him. Off the back of his last two performances I would drop him but as he is in the leadership group he ain’t getting dropped.

Yep that was horrible. Sure, move it on quick if it’s even 50-50 but it was 3-1 in Cars favour and he kicked it horribly to match!

Many little moments you scrutinise in close games and it felt like we lost most. Honestly, Cats kept gifting us chances with their shots on goal. We still couldn’t take one advantage.

It's not all the mistakes and miscues that piss me off, it is the lack of intent that we played this game with. The Cats set themselves to tackle hard all day and apply pressure and they 'squeaked' out a win.
If we had just some INTENT from HALF the team we win this match.
Everyone can go on about Serong and Brayshaw as leaders but there was a distinct lack of it in this game.

This applies to last weekend to some degree, but against Essendon we could not have asked for more from our forwards in terms of efficiency and taking half chances and we still lost badly when the game was on the line in the final quarter. Against a very ordinary team too.
I agree re our talls. They kicked 9 goals between them. Freddy, Emmett, Banfield and Switta kicked 1 between them.

There's your game.

It's not all the mistakes and miscues that piss me off, it is the lack of intent that we played this game with. The Cats set themselves to tackle hard all day and apply pressure and they 'squeaked' out a win.
If we had just some INTENT from HALF the team we win this match.
Everyone can go on about Serong and Brayshaw as leaders but there was a distinct lack of it in this game.
A graphic flashed up at the end of Q1 on fox that showed us at 140 for pressure. It was honestly so low it nearly didn’t register on the scale. Meanwhile the Cats were over 200 and “elite”.

That’s on everyone. The coaches and the players. Just showing up and going through the motions in one of the biggest games of the season with so much at stake. Yeah righto boys. Just show up and go 24 points down before anyone on our team has barely even taken a mark.

If they can’t be arsed to go 100% from the start, why should we invest so much energy and time in them?

Agree with Duffs thoughts here. In the losses, where we been up 3 qrter time and not by much, we switched too defensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A graphic flashed up at the end of Q1 on fox that showed us at 140 for pressure. It was honestly so low it nearly didn’t register on the scale. Meanwhile the Cats were over 200 and “elite”.

That’s on everyone. The coaches and the players. Just showing up and going through the motions in one of the biggest games of the season with so much at stake. Yeah righto boys. Just show up and go 24 points down before anyone on our team has barely even taken a mark.

If they can’t be arsed to go 100% from the start, why should we invest so much energy and time in them?
Especially after losing the game against Essendon based on the lead we had you would think they would have come out of the blocks with serious intent breathing fire but we came out with feather dusters. That's solely on the coaches and leadership group to not get them up for the game from the start. Our pressure rating should have been elite in the first quarter.

we had 36 tackles for the game

they had 58

shocking
Especially infuriating when Dangerfield was interviewed after the game by Kath and saying they set themselves all week to be physical and apply pressure all day. Well WTF were we doing all week? Shooting Retro Round socials..

Agree he shouldn't have played on. Did he hear the whistle?
As it happened
200.gif

And I was 15 rows back from the fence and I heard it, he farken heard it

O'Meara has had mostly good form for the second half of the season but that turnover in the dying stages had me lose nearly lose all of my goodwill he had built up.
That really blew my mind. For a senior player to turn it over so badly in a crucial moment like that...

Everyone makes mistakes, but, heck, that needs some mending. Maybe even WAFL level mending.

Especially after losing the game against Essendon based on the lead we had you would think they would have come out of the blocks with serious intent breathing fire but we came out with feather dusters. That's solely on the coaches and leadership group to not get them up for the game from the start. Our pressure rating should have been elite in the first quarter.

We are odds on to repeat this lack of intent next week against GWS and go down. The following week against Port we will stage a massive comeback for the ages after giving up a 10 goal lead, unfortunately we will lose by 1 point and miss finals.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic but it's pretty hard to get excited after the past two weeks. Like everyone else I will still be cheering them on and hoping for a chance at finals. Go Freo!

We are odds on to repeat this lack of intent next week against GWS and go down. The following week against Port we will stage a massive comeback for the ages after giving up a 10 goal lead, unfortunately we will lose by 1 point and miss finals.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic but it's pretty hard to get excited after the past two weeks. Like everyone else I will still be cheering them on and hoping for a chance at finals. Go Freo!
The worst is that we will probably fire up only to lose (most likely event) and then drop the intent in the last round...
Only thing going for us is that GWS might not have Briggs and might have a let down after getting up to beat Brisbane at the Gabba..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Fremantle 62, Geelong 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back