Review Fremantle Defeat St. Kilda 111-70

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you but watch the Port vs Freo game on kayo mini and the same scenario happened to Port. I think it was Boak or Rozee who kicked the ball with their toenail.
Exactly, I didn't get around to going to pick it out of the footage but that stood out to me.
It annoyed me then, I get why the saints fan would be annoyed, but you just have to keep going, control what you can control as they say.

But the carry on about cheating and corruption is over the top, it's like people have never made a mistake at their work which is most cases is not as pressured nor broadcast Australia wide for everyone to criticise.

Troll them on Bay 13 or argue with them on the main board then (or do both, laugh at their posts on the main board if it tickles your fancy). Laughing at posts on other teams boards is pretty cheap and not exactly courageous.
Isn't "arguing" (to a reasonable extent) over football related matters, the entire point of this forum? Some people like to call out utterly arrogant morons, whilst others choose to ignore them. Neither side is better than the other and the beauty of this website, is that you can do either (as long as you don't take it too far or make it personal).

Wow, I guess anyone who has the slightest argument with an opposition supporter or laughs at their arsehattery is a dick then. I mean, I like being condescended to as much as the next person, but no one on this website is squeaky clean.
I get it, it’s a bit of fun for you guys but do you enjoy people trolling on our board - personally makes me pissed off because I have to clean it up and it’s just annoying. My original point was just that the Saints people in general have levels of arsehattery similar to ours so if you’re comfortable with that, you should be comfortable with them - which I know to your credi, you are.

Let’s be real, troll laughing at club board posts which are a space for venting and hive mind is a a dick move, that doesn’t make you a dick, just the move itself

I get it, it’s a bit of fun for you guys but do you enjoy people trolling on our board - personally makes me pissed off because I have to clean it up and it’s just annoying. My original point was just that the Saints people in general have levels of arsehattery similar to ours so if you’re comfortable with that, you should be comfortable with them - which I know to your credi, you are.

Let’s be real, troll laughing at club board posts which are a space for venting and hive mind is a a dick move, that doesn’t make you a dick, just the move itself
Well said G, I apologise.

Hey One_Wing i deleted that post, to be honest that level of vitriol from what lowlife posted that about Freddy is not something I think shouldn’t be promoted or seen by whatever kids might go on this forum.

Happy to discuss it and I’ll send anyone who wants the screenshot in PM

Hey One_Wing i deleted that post, to be honest that level of vitriol from what lowlife posted that about Freddy is not something I think shouldn’t be promoted or seen by whatever kids might go on this forum.

Yeah no worries matey i was actually gonna edit it with a warning and not insert the screen grab but this works too.

Isn't "arguing" (to a reasonable extent) over football related matters, the entire point of this forum?
Bit of an oversimplification. Depending on which board you're on sets different expectations for/on the participants of said discussion/argument. If you're on a board where everyone is reasonably expected to participate then you'd be spot on.

When the expectation is much more limited on who is participating (i.e. Specific team boards) and the expectation on the guest participants is high then the context of those "arguments" is quite different. It can reasonably be expected that it's those teams supporters discussing/arguing with each other over their own things. In much the same way that when you're a guest in someone else's house there's a high behaviour expectation on guests to those boards (e.g. you might live in a sty yourself but you wouldn't trash someone else's place lest you be ejected). So, if you're going to argue the toss you have a burden of behaviour: You're required to be a bigger person than you would in your own house.

Lastly: How is spamming laugh emojis "arguing"? It's just a cheap shot that requires 0 tact and even less thought.

Last edited:

Just seen it, it's on Frederick's Instagram... wow.

Imagine getting THAT upset over a free kick and a justifiable 50 in a game of football, that bum should be having a crack at Dan Butler not Freddy.

It's got to be something to do with curves and 4-6 weeks. Hmmmmm :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And on the topic of the commentators, is it really that hard for them to learn the actual laws of the game.
For years it has been a pet hate of mine when they give their "interpretation" of a free kick ... just tell the public the actual rule or law and let the public decide what the idiot box shows them ... enough with the gaslighting commentary.
The commentators/journalists want to work with the AFL, get access to the players, coaches, AFL staff etc. Generally, places that aren't a boys club would have just shut the information down to them if they chose to indulge in sensational reporting, but, the AFL can't close down it's boys club mentality. Grrrrrr!

I really hate the dumbing down of footy, it's not just a game of x Brutes on one side against x Brutes on the other. For example, in the Lyon years, Freo beat Geelong who beat Hawthorn who beat Freo - for years, the 3 teams generally could counter 1 but not the other team. The coach fields a team composition, usually recruited before they were coach, so what can you do with the cattle that you are given? We weren't fleet of foot - or of hand/foot skill, so we turned the pressure up to extremes which would have cooked any other team in the GF than Hawthorn, ce la vie.

It should be fascinating analysis, with all teams trying to counter the other teams advantages and impose their own, but they treat rock/scissors/paper as rock vs rock and so much of the game is lost to just dumb commentary and analysis. Grrrrrr!

I keep the Kayo commentary on, for stuff that I miss, commentary is not totally devoid of information. But damn, it is disappointingly shallow and infuriating, if only we could get Roy and HG commenting our gamedays - I'd probably learn more from their insight into errr... player gymnastics, cheese plus vegemite onto the toast as a sports dietary supplement regime or whatever.

Just a question. Does the in the act of kicking rule still exist. I think that's where all the confusion is coming from. One was run down while in the act of kicking and the other wasn't. If it still exists as a rule, only some umpires pay it and others don't which adds to the inconsistency.

Just seen it, it's on Frederick's Instagram... wow.

Imagine getting THAT upset over a free kick and a justifiable 50 in a game of football, that bum should be having a crack at Dan Butler not Freddy.
Dammmm why isn't that on the news? Usually they do report these things.

And while I am on my soap box, I wish the commentators would be more respectful when calling out indigenous players. Earlier this season I heard them call Rioli for Ryan in a West Coast game (more than once) and again on the weekend they called Walker instead of Frederick.
Mundy and Mayne were confused for years, it’s stupid to worry yourself over this.

Bit of an oversimplification. Depending on which board you're on sets different expectations for/on the participants of said discussion/argument. If you're on a board where everyone is reasonably expected to participate then you'd be spot on.

When the expectation is much more limited on who is participating (i.e. Specific team boards) and the expectation on the guest participants is high then the context of those "arguments" is quite different. It can reasonably be expected that it's those teams supporters discussing/arguing with each other over their own things. In much the same way that when you're a guest in someone else's house there's a high behaviour expectation on guests to those boards (e.g. you might live in a sty yourself but you wouldn't trash someone else's place lest you be ejected). So, if you're going to argue the toss you have a burden of behaviour: You're required to be a bigger person than you would in your own house.

Lastly: How is spamming laugh emojis "arguing"? It's just a cheap shot that requires 0 tact and even less thought.
Does anyone remember when someone used to come on here and rate all our threads '1 star' haha.

Who is the one-star bandit?

Last edited:
if it was an Eastern States big team , it would be all over the media.

But hope they name and shame the culprit.
Young people on social media require further education on its use and the potential ramifications. They also need assistance in recognising what constitutes racism. Society as a whole, has a long way to go.

Young people on social media require further education on its use and the potential ramifications. They also need assistance in recognising what constitutes racism. Society as a whole, has a long way to go.
The question I ask myself whats the main reason behind the frustration and abuse?

Im getting in order it would probably

1. Opposition supporting team
2. Gambling related

Just my thinking anyway.

The question I ask myself whats the main reason behind the frustration and abuse?

Im getting in order it would probably

1. Opposition supporting team
2. Gambling related

Just my thinking anyway.
And yes I admit I am a gambler but Im a winning punter. So the frustration doesnt show out as much.

On the BigFooty Punting board we get frustrated when we lose and will make any excuse (bar racism) when a bet loses.

Does anyone remember when someone used to come on here and rate all our threads '1 star' haha.
That is going back a while. I remember that old "reputation" system where basically every post was downvoted to oblivion until the downvote was removed. Then everyone got bored of it and the feature disappeared not too long after.

Wow, Michael Walters copped some racist shit as well, on his Instagram. Shit is messed up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Fremantle Defeat St. Kilda 111-70

Remove this Banner Ad

Back