Status
Not open for further replies.

StingBitten

Norm Smith Medallist
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
8 Indigenous players lining up tonight, just about all who are currently in the team purely on form.

To think if Bennell and A. Pearce were fit it would be 10... and if Yarran hadn't blown a fuselage it could have been 11 - literally half the team.

Some Dreaming magic to pull us over the line in this one. Black Magic predictions:

- B. Hill and S. Hill to accumulate 60+ disposals combined

- Walters to kick 3

- Grey to lay 6 solid tackles, get into at least 4 fights (2 shirt rips) and kick a clutch goal.

- Hamling to silence his man.

- D. Pearce not to be awful.

Fremantle by 3 pts.

I'm stoked that we have selected so many indigenous players. I have in recent years struck up a strong friendship with an indigenous bloke I worked with. It's been interesting hearing such a personal perspective on issues such as reconciliation and I know that events like indigenous round that provide a platform for bringing folks together are really important to him.

Go Freo. I'm in Adelaide having a coffee about 1km from the ground. Excited!

I don't share the optimism about our chances but this year has continued to surprise me so I've had to conclude I have PTSD in regards Freo and prefer to go into games not expecting too much.
The thing I find most interesting about this is that both Adelaide and Freo have been poor starters and fast finishers lately. I've never been so confident about our second halves as I am now. I used to dread going into half time less that 10 goals up and even then I'd be worried we'd get overrun. Last week when we were level pegging I knew we'd take the chocolates.
But Adelaide are similar in that it takes a while for them to get momentum up but they come home hard. If we are still in it at half time I'll be amazed but RTB is pretty good at preparing.
My tip? No freaking idea but hope its entertaining.

The crows board are really down on their chances :huh:

There's about 5 threads hating on some guy called Mackay so no doubt he will tear us a new one tonight.

Our best footy is excellent. Our worst is literally worst in the comp bad. One quarter like we had against Carlton/Essendon etc and the Crows might pile on a margin that we can't claw back this time.

Still optimistic we can win though. Head says Crows by 50, heart says Freo by 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the first game I've seen since Essendon, so based on nothing, I'm reckon Freo by 47 points. Our midfield will be too good and we'll be too quick on the transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back