French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS. Hope this turns out be an anti jinx post like the last one, but Stosur choke imminient. Serving for the match at 5-1, loses the next 3 games. Stephens serving to level it 5-5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love your work Warsaw. :thumbsu: She breaks to love, typical WTA...

From what I saw of the match, Stephens handled Stosur pace quite well but Sam was stronger and attacked her backhand and eventually got on top of the rallies. I can see Stephens beating her one day

Hopefully for the quarters won't have to rely on buffering streams, thanks foxtel...

'Peak' Federer losing sets to Ungur, Mahut and Goffin. Guess he was never really that good a player and is now being exposed by superior talents.

Incredible that people out there genuinely believe this.

exposed? you happened to see todays match didnt you? Goffin played out of his skin in the first set.Hit federer off the court there and was doing the same till the middle of the 2nd set.Ungur was also playing inspired tennis, give them some credit ffs.Goffin was bloody brilliant out there in the first set.16 winners to 6 unforced errors there ,which included a couple of double faults and long rallies. He hit some incredible winners out there, reminded me Berdych in Madrid against Fed.ffs :rolleyes:

You obviously hold a grudge, i suggest you build a bridge and agree to disagree

exposed? you happened to see todays match didnt you? Goffin played out of his skin in the first set.Hit federer off the court there and was doing the same till the middle of the 2nd set.Ungur was also playing inspired tennis, give them some credit ffs.Goffin was bloody brilliant out there in the first set.16 winners to 6 unforced errors there ,which included a couple of double faults and long rallies. He hit some incredible winners out there, reminded me Berdych in Madrid against Fed.ffs :rolleyes:

You obviously hold a grudge, i suggest you build a bridge and agree to disagree

I'll give you Goffin reluctantly, but Federer was poor against Ungur and Mahut, especially the Frenchman. Federer at his best doesn't lose sets consistently against players of that calibre in slams. Not on this planet. Other than his injury affected Wimbledon 2010, this is the worst I've seen him play in a slam for a long time.

I'll give you Goffin reluctantly, but Federer was poor against Ungur and Mahut, especially the Frenchman. Federer at his best doesn't lose sets consistently against players of that calibre in slams. Not on this planet. Other than his injury affected Wimbledon 2010, this is the worst I've seen him play in a slam for a long time.

not sure if you are serious or just trolling.Federer hit 17 winners to 10 unforced errors in that lost set against Mahut.Mahut barely hit any unforced errors in that set.He was rock solid.Ungur has a beautiful backhand, Gasquet like, he hit 13 backhand winners in that set!! 13! Again federer had more winners than unforced errors in that lost set.Where is the evidence he played a shit set? Ungur had 16 winners and 7 errors vs Federers 12 winners and 10 errors.

But one thing i do accept he is not playing his best tennis here in the french open.In Australian Open he was, prior to Nadal, he destroyed everyone.

Please DO NOT turn this thread into another federer discussion!

I will start reporting posts and ask mod to do something about it if this thread gets derailed like so many others have with the fed-djoko-nadal debate.

I don't care about the stats considering I watched the matches, but they do back up the fact that Federer has allowed his inferior opponents to dictate the play and reel off winners at times throughout his matches.

What's more likely?

A. Old man Federer hasn't played well.
B. 3 players in a row have played the sets of their lives against Federer.

Can't really see anyone beating Nadal in this tournament and I wouldn't be surprised if he did it without losing a set. Djokovic in that form last night won't have a chance...he was probably lucky Seppi had had a couple of 5 setters before that match as he definitely tired earlier.

Nadal might lose a set to someone like Ferrer if he plays him in the semi final, but he owns all the guys in his half mentally. Maybe Murray would have some chance if he was 100% fit and firing. I think the best chance of beating him though would be the winner of the Berdych/Delpo match...but whoever wins will have to go through both Federer and Djokovic first. Doubt that will happen, and if it does I'd say they'd be done physically and mentally by the time they got to Nadal.

Federer isn't playing as well as he did at the French last year. I think last year the balls they used really suited him and the heavier ones this year don't as much. He could make the final again but if he faces Nadal I don't think it will be like last year when it seemed he might have a chance.

Please DO NOT turn this thread into another federer discussion!

I will start reporting posts and ask mod to do something about it if this thread gets derailed like so many others have with the fed-djoko-nadal debate.

well its not my fault mate, TIRO is opening up a can of worms here, geez, how hard is it to understand that not everyone has to agree with his opinion? TIRO are you reading this? as i said build a ****ing bridge and dont turn this into a federer thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

French Open 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back