Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Paps as a commentator, but was anyone else yelling at their tv that we knocked off Brisbane when he kept saying we hadnā€™t beaten anyone in the top 8 šŸ¤£

Todays results just goes to show how useless that stat is

Just editing your post for accuracy.

The Western Bulldogs beating North means todays results (not result) show how useless that stat is. One win one against a top eight side this week but itā€™ll probably go from 0 wins to 3 wins based off other results.

Why does the commentators barrack for Sydney so much? Like how are they the darlings?
COLA, Academy, getting Lance Franklin for free when AFL set up GWS to get him.
Theyā€™re not even close to handicapped.

Fremantle- no father son, no academy, no free agents.
COLA is joke. Apparently inflation and cost of living pressures affects only the Sydney Swansā€¦

We have to win the next 4 games, we just have to, we have no reason not to.

This game has genuinely set us up for a top 4 finish.
hope GIF

I swear about half of Sydney's goals were on Davies or were as a result of a Davies clanger. Big ask for a second gamer. We have Pearce or Cox there instead, or even Hughes and I think it's am much more comfortable win. The fact that we were able to come away with the win despite that is massive.

Bloody hell that was delicious. An undersized and under-developed back line gave them an obvious advantage all day, but fact of the matter is we were harder and better at the contest which allowed us to mostly mitigate that weakness. Credit to Fyfe, Darcy and the mids again. Loved their control around stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2:00AM here in the Caribbean. Iā€™ve put the defibrillator back in its cage and drank a ton of Caybrews (local beer) unexpectedly ha ha.

Not looking to brag or god forbid big note myself, more to share my hopes as a fan pre game, so proud of all of em, Drapes, hell! I posted this in the preview thread in reference to playing the kids, it had it all, and my godā€¦ did they what!

ā€œCould you imagineā€¦ if they went all right?

I reckon they bloody will. Itā€™s a story in its own right. Yeah the odds are against them, but thats what makes this all the better and we will all be barracking for em.

If they come out of this having played their roles, and touch wood, contribute to a winā€¦ itā€™s probably worth 10 games of experience alone, not to mention the belief and confidence gained.

My gut says they should feed off each other with an unbridled want, to please their team mates and ensure Ryanā€™s directives are met, going another cog from games prior without realizing it.

Playing them is also unconsciously telling the midfield you might want to step it up a notch to help the kids out.

I bet Pearce has already been in their ears looong before we all caught wind and tell me Ryan ainā€™t the perfect bloke to be with them who might just help pull this crazy $hit off!ā€

Stay thirsty my friends!!

The transformation Sturt has had on our forwardline is scarcely believable. That and resting a mid forward. We look so dangerous up front now
A few of us always believed in him, including yourself too, and itā€™s so good to see him flourishing now.

He. Kicks. Goals.

Thatā€™s it. He does other good stuff too, but itā€™s the consistent goals that are so priceless.
Even more so for a team like Fremantle that historically have struggled so much to be a high scoring side.

Hey our Key Defenders had 13 games between them. What's Sydney's excuse?
I was more getting at that our forwards just beat the best defense in the league despite the masses regurgitating that Freo have a putrid forward line.

I really felt in the last, we needed players to work harder. No one worked hard enough to get free from his man to allow us to transition the ball easily.

Young was brilliant on the forward flank. Had a hand in 2 or 3 goals. (High impact low possession game)

Sturt was brilliant again. Need to sign him up and Banfield ASAP.

Not too many weak links.

Just editing your post for accuracy.

The Western Bulldogs beating North means todays results (not result) show how useless that stat is. One win one against a top eight side this week but itā€™ll probably go from 0 wins to 3 wins based off other results.

+ draw with Pies, robbed v Carlton, itā€™s a null stat for us. We know we can compete vs good teams. Itā€™s meaningless but something for the media to go on about I guess.

Amazing win. Everyone has covered most players so far but I reckon that was Johnno's best game for our club. Playing one less forward with our mids spending a bit of time forward and rotating more through the centre bounces is our best structure for sure. Allows Johnno to spend more time in his natural position and freshens all the mids up a bit

After telling him not to the umpire let McDonald run off his line with that last kick as well.
Yep he definitely went off the line.

Just after he took the mark I heard someone tell him to wait until the siren went before having the shot and I am pretty sure it was the umpire, which is crap for a start!

Then it got into his head he couldn't deviate off the mark which he did anyway!

I'm sure someone else has already mentioned it but for all the talk of Gawn and Grundy being the AA rucks so far, Darcy has spanked both.

It's just like the old Sandi situation.
Yep. Hopefully people start to realise Darcy's impact in negating the opposition ruck while still winning it himself. We are a miles better side when he rucks.

Not sure if we needed a mid as sub. We were certainly out of legs again. Aish because of the young backline but would like to see us add run and zip later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back