Review Freo holds on against the Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't agree more.

A fit Darcy is imperative for us.

He is obviously not your mobile ruckman like Dogga but he bang crashes and wears the opposite ruckman down while winning it himself.

Great to to have two types of ruckman to switch up.
Get Big Sean to head off overseas in the off season with Fyfey on one of his yoga/karma sutra/pilates super fitness holidays to the isolated place in Tibet in readiness for next season… He’ll win a Chas if he does…

Bob finding out the result in a Geelong pub New
Just goes to show we lost the game against Sydney in OS under extenuating circumstances.

Looking back at our season so far, it’s the Eagles game we dropped that really shits me the most. Then the Carlton game when we were absolutely robbed.

I am still of a mind to give this game up. It just feels like we’re so irrelevant to the AFL, it would take a miracle to ever win the big one.

Thought Davies was solid. Competed hard. Crashed McLean a few times. Allowed Ryan to roam.
He can only progress and learn

Yeah I thought Davies did fine for the most part. Maybe caught between either marking or spoiling a couple of times, but that’s standard for a young KPD. He’ll be better for the run.

Gave up a few marks to McLean up the ground, but I think his two goals from memory came when he out bodied Ryan and when Draper lost him on a deep ball.

Just goes to show we lost the game against Sydney in OS under extenuating circumstances.

Looking back at our season so far, it’s the Eagles game we dropped that really shits me the most. Then the Carlton game when we were absolutely robbed.

I am still of a mind to give this game up. It just feels like we’re so irrelevant to the AFL, it would take a miracle to ever win the big one.
always felt that was the case. 10.1 to 1.10 early on where nothing went out way - even the law of averages would have made it a close game

there was a certain parallel when it was 2.7 to 7.2 in reverse today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people obsessed with getting Darcy fit? he's that tall and runs for a living and that alone won't get rid of his guts.

One of those things where you should accept him for what he is and get the most out of that. you can't make a carpenter Jesus. but Jesus was a carpenter.

That’s fair enough. He’s practically the second key defender in his second game. Can’t get too critical and just hope he does the role.
It was a tough ask in only his second game in a pressure cooker atmosphere.

He will learn from it and get better for sure.

Hopefully Cox is back next week.

Should have never got to a stoppage. 3 short kicks out from the point and it’s done.
We lost most of those last 1/4 long kick stoppages.
Thank god Logan chocked.
This 100% Only needed 2 marks to ice the game. Having said that this was a great tactical game by JL. The matchups and strategies really set the boys up or the win.

Last edited:
Yep he definitely went off the line.

Just after he took the mark I heard someone tell him to wait until the siren went before having the shot and I am pretty sure it was the umpire, which is crap for a start!

Then it got into his head he couldn't deviate off the mark which he did anyway!
100%. Since when did the umpires become coaches!!!!!!!!??????????

Still can’t believe it. That was a memorable win for the ages.

Serong was a beast out of the middle. Sturt is becoming the player I always knew he could be. Switta’s pressure is second to none. Amiss had his kicking boots on. Draper more then made up for his poor performance against the Dogs.

Beating a 13-1 team at their home ground without our best 2 defenders can’t be understated. To nullify their elite midfield and dominate the stoppages for large parts of the game was awesome to watch. We’ve had some great wins in the past few years, that one was probably the best.

HUGE

Sturt was under a cloud going into the game according to Jlo.

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge this is a bloke that was called out by the coach for his defensive efforts and his attack, and just marvel at some of his efforts backing into the contest today.
He is actually imposing himself on games, and especially in the first quarter which we've been notoriously bad at. Sign him up asap

Also shoutout to Amiss for defeating his arch rival, the yips, today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back