Freo - Officially the least successful team in AFL historty

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Freo are easily the least successful of all the clubs in the competition. Their win % of 36.7% is better only than the Brisbane Bears and University at 32.9% and 22.2% respectively.

You can all carry on as much as you like about your stable administration but when has that ever won you a game.

The definitive answer is thus they are the least successful club in the AFL but not in the AFL's history.

That should pretty much close the thread.

http://www.allthestats.com/stats/ladderall.asp

I have a great time being a Freo Fan. I'm sure you all like your clubs (well other than the Toasters who only really like their reflections in the mirror).

Blah blah blah blah you are all boring as bat******** - give it up and look on in admiration of Freo 2005.

Thanks for coming.

what the! said:
You see what I mean! I try to post a fair, balanced view on the Dockers performance in the competition and this is all that you could quote. You sir are a pinhead and indicative of the inherent problems in the Fremantle supporter base. I guess that is what years of mediocrity do to you though.

You poor, bitter, twisted little person. Now go home and have a nice long look at the only final you have ever played in. Run along :rolleyes:

Sorry, what the. I obviously did not reply to this thread with the seriousness that it warrants.

Reveler said:
not only do we have pav but we have this kid

352314bb.jpg

so you better watch it.
Is that Chris Connolly's replacement?
Oh! Sorry it's No. 59 draft pick Benet Copping. When his pimples clear up and his braces come off he'll be ready for Barry Hall.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Connelly
34 wins and 32 losses. 1 finals appearance.

John Worsfold
36 wins, 2 draws and 28 losses. 3 finals appearances.

JW > CC.

Since the Dockers were allowed into the league (NB: VFL/AFL):
Finals - West Coast: 12, Fremantle: 1.
Derby Wins - West Coast: 15, Fremantle: 5.

Fremantle = laughing stock of WA at least.

Carn the Coasters said:
Chris Connelly

John Worsfold

JW > CC.

You just convinced me to buy a membership
To the Dockers that is

Carn the Coasters said:
Chris Connelly

John Worsfold

JW > CC.

I think an extra 2 wins over 3 years doesn't really put Worsfold much, if anything, ahead of Connelly. Considering Connelly took over the club when it was a basket case and won 2 games in the previous season and Worsfold took over a club which had injuries to some key players (I think Jako and McIntosh missed a fair bit) and 'conveniently' won only 5 games. He then had a good run with injuries and had some very good experienced premiership players at his disposal. Overall, I'd rate them the same based on their respective records, Worsfold has had the better list and better support than Connelly. Next year will be the tester, when Connelly has a better list than Worsfold. 2005 will decide who is the better coach, whoever finishes higher wins.

As for Freo being the laughing stock. I think they used to, I know I always looked forward to the Cats playing them because it meant a win, but in recent times that has changed. I rate Freo and West Coast pretty much the same at the moment, perhaps even put Freo higher due to their superior away record last year. They are both improving teams, but Freo is improving at a faster rate. I say this because they have done well to address their problems on the field through the recruitment of players such as Carr, Black and Schofield, their midfield lacked pace and hardness so these problems have been addressed. The Eagles are lacking in key position players, so they have experimented with a mature aged WAFL recruit, who may work or may not.

In summary, Freo are no longer a laughing stock, despite their unsuccessful history. They wasted the opportunities they were given, but have caught up to the pack now and are a strong club, both on and off the field.

How can you say that Fremantle are even close to us ?

Rnd 21:
West Coast 93 defeated Fremantle 45.

Even that scoreboard flattered the Dockers. Black and Schofield will add nothing to their slow midfield and Carr isn't exactly lightning quick.

You rate the DOckers higher due to their away record ? I dont think that winning 5 away games makes up for winning just 6 of 12 at the "house of pain".

West Coast have a slightly stronger list, but even with the injury to our best player, we have managed to finish above them with 2 extra wins and double their score in the 2nd last game of the year. Connelly.. pfft. Worsfold deserves some credit.

WestCat said:
I think an extra 2 wins over 3 years doesn't really put Worsfold much, if anything, ahead of Connelly. Considering Connelly took over the club when it was a basket case and won 2 games in the previous season and Worsfold took over a club which had injuries to some key players (I think Jako and McIntosh missed a fair bit) and 'conveniently' won only 5 games. He then had a good run with injuries and had some very good experienced premiership players at his disposal. Overall, I'd rate them the same based on their respective records, Worsfold has had the better list and better support than Connelly. Next year will be the tester, when Connelly has a better list than Worsfold. 2005 will decide who is the better coach, whoever finishes higher wins.

You seem to be making a career out of making amusingly wrongheaded statements about West Coast.

Anyone who watched West Coast play in 2001 would not accuse them of 'conveniently' winning 5 games. If we were tanking we were doing a bloody good job of it, given our average losing margin was around 50 points. Similarly, we had the worst percentage that year, generally a sure indication of the crappest teams going around.When Worsfold took over the Eagles were the shortest priced favorites by quite some way for the 2002 spoon.

The injury run theory is utter bunk. Overall, in his inaugural season, Worsfold had access to 8 players who managed to stay fit enough to play 20 games or more in 2002, Connolly had access to 18 who played 20 or more. The veterans? In 2001, Jakovich played 22 games, McIntosh played 12, Matera played 19. In 2002 Jakovich played 22 games, McIntosh played 19, Matera played 17. Dramatic difference there :rolleyes:

Its also a bit rich to suggest that West Coast had access to a better list than Fremantle at that time. Due to their sustained mediocrity (which continued in Connolly's first season) Fremantle had access to several more first round draft picks than West Coast, the fact that they've tended to squander those for magic beans (both before and after Connolly took over)
is hardly relevant.

So in summary, you're talking pure, steamy, unadulterated crap. I realise '92 and '94 must have been tough for you living over here, but sheesh, build a bridge already.

Carn the Coasters said:
How can you say that Fremantle are even close to us ?

Rnd 21:
West Coast 93 defeated Fremantle 45.

Yeah but we are 3 from 5 in the last handful of derbies. ;)

(and yes, while there is 100% truth in that stat, the comment above is also an extraction of the urine from this whole penis measuring contest started by one of "those" supporters who is a Freo team WAFL supporter but WCE person, who seems to feel it necessary to prove themselves to other WCE supporters by heaping on Freo the pure unadulterated steaming stuff mead mentioned before...).

well I suppose someone has to be the most unsuccessfull team in the competiton.

No point using derby stats to prove a point. its 3/3 from the last 3 seasons isn't it?

what the! said:
I would'nt say Fremantle are the laughing stock of the competition.

In fact I reckon even the elite teams of the competition dont exactly relish the thought of playing Fremantle at Subi. If they underestimated them itwould be at their own peril.

I think you will find Port love playing Freo at Subiaco - they have a100% winning record there: 4 games played. 4 games won. So we are not exactly quaking in our boots when we get over there.

Interesting though that it is only 1 finals appearance in 10 years and agree with some other people on the boards, given the draft picks they have had, they have underperformed.

All I can say that if I lived in WA, I know which club I'd be buying a membership for.

They would NOT be playing "SGIO, Go Eagles Go" over the loudspeakers, put it that way.

But sadly I think Freo as a team are terrible underachievers. I expected a tough exciting tussle at the SCG last April. All I got was a Swans team in half gear beating a weak disinterested flat and generally mediocre running around looking like Barney the Dinosaur.

Even at Subi later in last year, I raised my eyebrows at how the Dockers seemed to slacken off against a Swans team playing arguably it worst football of the year. Sure the extreme pressure placed on the Swans defence meant several disposals going straight to arsey Docker forwards like Medhurst and Farmer for gimmee goals. But as we came back in the 3rd quarter I thought "gee, these Freo boys are giving up here."

I like Freo as I think they are strange yet ideosyncratic football club. Their supporters even wave big flags and generate support with their drums. :cool: But yeah, a few too many players trying to be stars rather than pull their heads in and play to win when it matters I think.

I wish them well as their fans have a bit of (good-natured) mongrel in them.
But PLEASE change your club song. Super League finished in 97! :rolleyes:
SubihalftimevsDockers04PicII.jpg

JF

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo - Officially the least successful team in AFL historty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back