carlton09

Club Legend
Jan 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Blues
Might be a tad bias but I see a Carlton win coming up on Friday Night. The Cats put alot of preparation and planning into the Collingwood game and I believe that could create a let down for them against the Blues. Carlton also have a good record against them and with there leg speed could create a problem for Geelong.

Thoughts and predictions?

Carlton's recent form has been far from impressive.
Could not beat Essendon who were 2 men down in the first quarter.
Barely got out of jail at the death with a last gasp goal against the Crows at home.
Struggled to beat St. Kilda who have only one win for the year.

Ergo, Geelong comfortably.

Can we win....... Yes.

BUT we will need to be at our very best as the Cats are a class unit with skill all over the park and i am not confident coming off the bye especially with the recent record of teams and the failure to win after the week off. We will need massive games from Juddy and Murphy and have to keep the likes of Selwood and Chapman quiet which is easier said than done.

The last time we beat them last year when massive underdogs our small forwards and speed really troubled them but the Cats are a class team and a massive test this Friday night.

I am more hopeful than confident at this stage.

We've been playing terrible footy yet have come away with 5 wins and only a loss to Collingwood. Our inaccuracy isn't good enough to beat the top tier teams.

I don't see us winning on Friday night. If it were at the MCG I'd give us a chance though.

Barely got out of jail at the death with a last gasp goal against the Crows at home.

Far from impressive? You listed 3 games where we played some shocking footy and came away with 2 and a half wins. Pretty impressive I would've thought.:D

Far from impressive? You listed 3 games where we played some shocking footy and came away with 2 and a half wins. Pretty impressive I would've thought.:D
You said it yourself, you've been playing terrible football. It might have got you home against those teams below you on the ladder, but it won't be good enough against the best. Carlton are not at same level as Geelong and Collingwood, and are only third because there are a lot of ordinary teams this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a tad bias but I see a Carlton win coming up on Friday Night. The Cats put alot of preparation and planning into the Collingwood game and I believe that could create a let down for them against the Blues. Carlton also have a good record against them and with there leg speed could create a problem for Geelong.

More than a tad. If it was at the G then maybe. Is at the dome.

No chance, curse of the byes; Collingwood gone, Carlton to be gone, then Gold Coast....

I reckon Geelong has an unfair advantage in the draw playing all these teams post bye 3 weeks in a row....

You do realise there's a sub rule these days and Essendon, like Hawthorn, who lost 2 today early as well, were only one man down on the opposition? As we saw today, and a million other times, one man doesn't make a great deal of difference. If it was 4 on 2 on the bench that would be different but it's not.

We shall see next week. winning while not playing well is always then sign of a good side. See if it's enough next week against the no.1 side.

Agree, I have those fears, no matchup for Judd without Taylor Hunt, may lack some speed and freshness, but we HATE LOSING, specially ag ainst Carlton, and that may help us get over the line.

Geelong v Collingwood had a finals like intensity and no doubt a lot of our players will be feeling pretty sore this week. That said, it seems the bye is proving more of a hinderance than a benefit the following week - backed up by Collingwood's very sluggish Q1 on Friday.

Carlton have smashed us the past two times we've played them at the 'G but this one's at Etihad where we've only lost twice since round 2, 2007.

Looking at the stats from the last time we played, Judd only had 20 touches but Ling didn't play. Anyone know who was matched on Judd?

The bye is probably not as big a factor as for other teams.

We've effectively had two mini byes, playing Sydney on Friday night, St Kilda Monday night, then Geelong on Friday night. Only a day longer than a Friday to Sunday turnaround, so hopefully won't we'll avoid the sluggish start.

Still, Geelong at Etihad is a very tough proposition but we're not without a chance.

Blues are no good at jihad, I would think it would be close for most of the game, but Geelong to blow out a lead sometime. should win by 4 goals.

Won't stop me going though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday Night, Carlton vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back