Front of jumper sponsor found

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but it was Schwab and co. who swiftly got rid of EnergyWatch and impressed so many people in the corporate world that the phones were off the hook with offers to sponsor the club.
I thought it was McLardy that ditched Polis? Could be wrong.
Whoever did it does deserve credit, so IF it was Schwab who instigated it, that's 2 things so far.

From what we heard was happening leading up to the weekend of the "186" it doesn't seem all that much.

He may not have landed it per se but let's give the man some credit when it's due.
That's exactly what we're saying, the credit should go to the Webjet marketing guy who was able to talk his board into coming to his club's rescue.

I thought it was McLardy that ditched Polis? Could be wrong.
Whoever did it does deserve credit, so IF it was Schwab who instigated it, that's 2 things so far.

From what we heard was happening leading up to the weekend of the "186" it doesn't seem all that much.

That's exactly what we're saying, the credit should go to the Webjet marketing guy who was able to talk his board into coming to his club's rescue.

And so it should, but credit also needs to go to Schwab and the rest for playing their part in swiftly getting rid of EW so that these offers could quickly come in. It's not a huge part to be fair but we are developing a habit of getting in to Schwab whenever we see the chance, even if it's not really warranted.

For those who have a EW jumper, I'm ducttaping the logo until we have a BOJ sponsor, then I'm going to ring the club shop and ask them if they have an iron-on that supporters can purchase for a small fee.

I'd say about zero, since the game is on by our request. Collingwood uses its fixture requests on stuff like the anzac day match and friday nights at the G.

Personally I think we should withdraw the request and approach Richmond for a QB match alternating who the home team is to help build up the rivalry that has been going with them the last few years.

:thumbsu: Even though Round 1 for the Tiges benefits the club greatly, I feel that pre-season shizen, build-up, expectation, etc etc it all ends up in a stinky pile of......, in all honesty for a full marquee game it's a let down and every year Richmond becomes a laughing stock, still for journos and the general footy public it's a great larf, I reckon swap the Filth for the Tiges re: Round 1 and QB let the Tiges slip under the radar without the hooplah and onto the premiership. All teams still get a marquee game, Eddie remains ambivalent and happy (IIRC he wanted either Blues vs Filth or Filth Vs Cats, either way he wins) play Dees Tiges alternating between the two, no mess no fuss

I do like the idea of Demons v Tigers on QB... or if the Collingwood game continues, maybe as a regular fixture on Easter Monday, or another fixed date each year that could be promoted. And the Round 1 idea as well, that's just common sense I reckon..

The more I look at this, the more I feel that matches between our two clubs really should be an event, with greater prominence than is the case now.

Looks like the info from Demonology was legit.

Great news for the club obviously. The line I like in the article is how we have been blown away by the amount of offers we have received over the last week or so. We have come out of a bad situation looking the goods.

Doesn't matter if it's not as much as the Energy Watch deal but it puts us back on the right direction. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can have the BOJ sponsor also.

And go read the Demonology thread on it - rather than get excited they just bitch with each other about absolutely nothing. Tossers.

Guys, just as a matter of interest, is anyone on this Board also a member of Demonology?

From what I understand, they no longer take new members and the codgers are getting crabbier and crabbier with each other as the years go by.

To all those refusing to give Cam Schwab any credit, poor form to you!!!

1. It was Cam Schwab that lead the decision to ditch EnergyWatch.

2. Schwab approached WebJet last year about sponsorship. They were not in a position to sponsor us at the time. However, their company grew and their position changed. They saw how we handled the EnergyWatch mess and wanted to become involved.

Great work Cam!

Guys, just as a matter of interest, is anyone on this Board also a member of Demonology?

From what I understand, they no longer take new members and the codgers are getting crabbier and crabbier with each other as the years go by.
From what I can gather, the owner of the site has had health issues and therefore they haven't been able to fix problems with new members for a while (years?).

And yes, the bitching is unbelievable.

From what I can gather, the owner of the site has had health issues and therefore they haven't been able to fix problems with new members for a while (years?).

And yes, the bitching is unbelievable.

I don't think there has been any new members since 2008 - but on the other side, no-one can be banned from it either, they have to take a self-enforced holiday. One of the mor interesting posters, Graham Gaunt, hasn't been on there for years. He was very amusing and made the EPL thread a beauty. The site still has the score from Bailey's first game as coach at the top.

Someone offered to build a new site but I don't think it has progressed.

It's unreadable. I feel that the people on there are the same nutbags who post terrific stupidity on the MFC Facebook page. Demonland far preferable.

When it all comes down to it though I'll be representing BigFooty in the Forum Of Origin clash.

To all those refusing to give Cam Schwab any credit, poor form to you!!!

1. It was Cam Schwab that lead the decision to ditch EnergyWatch.

2. Schwab approached WebJet last year about sponsorship. They were not in a position to sponsor us at the time. However, their company grew and their position changed. They saw we handled the EnergyWatch mess and wanted to become involved.

Great work Cam!

And there you have it

Great work Cam :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unreadable. I feel that the people on there are the same nutbags who post terrific stupidity on the MFC Facebook page. Demonland far preferable.

When it all comes down to it though I'll be representing BigFooty in the Forum Of Origin clash.

Given your stature in all things Melbourne, SM - and I urge everyone to view his stunning website - I am thrilled to hear that.

Sorry to butt in on the board, but great work MFC and WebJet. Dogs supporters know the anxiety of not having a stable income stream! It's great to see that in a competitive sporting market sponsors will a) look at the AFL and b) put their hand in their pocket. I'll be happy to use WebJet knowing that they support an AFL team.

I agree Cam's done well and deserves recognition of that, to be fair though it's his job, we expect him to have gotten us sponsors.

Why are they saying joint major sponsor everywhere? Is there already a sponsor I'm overlooking or is there another announcement coming?

I wouldn't worry, there will be another announcement... no point rushing into it if they aren't ready on the details yet. Just saying 'joint major sponsor' gets the media off our back, if they hadn't said that everyone would be asking "that's great, but is that all?"
They'll announce it in due course... in the next few weeks I guess.

Not a member mate and even if they corrected the problem with new members I still wouldn't sign up. Worst representation of our supporters, and that's saying something. The only reason I went there is someone mentioned there was a thread on it so I checked it out.

As BC said, the bitching is unbelievable. The OP mentions our new sponsor and rather than discuss that they just fight over Webjet and why we should or shouldn't use it and I'm this and I'm that crap... makes you want to neck yourself.

Demonland is far preferable but still vomit inducing.

Will sleep easier tonight knowing SM is on our side... ;)

Had a bit of a look at your blog and man was I impressed. That must have taken you ages to write some of those updates. It took me long enough just to read them!

By blog I mean your homepage

I honestly can't believe it! been a whole week since our WC belting and only 1 news story during the week and it's positive :D

Have to admit I cringe every time I go on the herald sun site just in case I've slept through another 'crisis' at the MFC but this truly is a good week and hope it's reflected on the field today. Congrats to the club and Webjet, welcome aboard for 2012.

Demonland is far preferable but still vomit inducing.

Will sleep easier tonight knowing SM is on our side... ;)

It takes all my self-control not to make an account and rip into half the posters on there...

I made a Demonland account. But I refuse to get involved. Some of those blokes are more concerned with making themselves look superior to others than they are discussing matters Melbourne.

Besides, I like you blokes... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Front of jumper sponsor found

Remove this Banner Ad

Back