Fixture Full 2024 AFL fixture released. News and leaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 24 has a game each in Ballarat and Launceston.
not sure that’s the best deal for either of those cities if they’re in the round that is the most “floating” in the entire fixture.
Both of those venues can only host day games if I'm not mistaken? This limits the possible timeslots to Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Both of those venues can only host day games if I'm not mistaken? This limits the possible timeslots to Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

I think Launceston has lights to AFL standard, the ground might get a bit dewy in the depths of winter though, so possibly not the best spectacle.

North Melbourne now on a 6 year streak (not including the 2020 covid season) of having to go to Kardinia Park. Getting comical at this point

11 of the past 13 for us, and that includes 2020 when no games were played there at all...
With less exempt clubs it should lessen.
AFL needs to take the silver spoon out of the asses of Pies, Blues, Bombers, Hawks and Tigers.

Good to see the latter two getting that trip in 2024. Especially the Tigers, not having to mingle with their fanbase will be a welcome change.

you beat me to posting this one, they nailed the round O rhyming

(and referring to the Swans as South Melbourne)

We do the same thing. And all last season it went back and forth. They referred to us as South Melb and we either referred to them as the other team or the orange team. Or the boardroom team.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-16 223639.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-16 223639.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 46
Still think the last round should be EPL style, 9 games all at once. Unpopular I know but it works. Get rid of that ridiculous pre-finals bye.

Games at the MCG, Docklands, Geelong, Ballarat, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Queensland and Tassie.

Get it done AD v2.0

Still think the last round should be EPL style, 9 games all at once. Unpopular I know but it works. Get rid of that ridiculous pre-finals bye.

Games at the MCG, Docklands, Geelong, Ballarat, Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Queensland and Tassie.

Get it done AD v2.0
Its less of an issue with Australian Football, as seeing out a draw - and even percentage rather than goal difference - make it significantly less likely to be able play to the other results. It would be the ideal in some ways, but not as necessary as it is in Association Football. Given how compromised the rest of the fixture is, its a very minor thing in this sport. That said. I do sort of like it.

Get it done AD v2.0

It's a very solid idea on paper, alas the TV and streaming networks (who put in a great deal of money into the game) will never let it happen.

Get it done AD v2.0
the pre-finals bye has nothing to do with different break lengths, it was brought in to stop clubs from resting players when they have nothing left to play for and want to be ready for the finals.

To a cats fan no less. We have 14/23 as away games.
Are Cat fans running with getting 6 'away' games at the MCG, in addition to their 9 games at Cat Park, is a poor fixture 🤣🤣

A supposed "MCG tenant", Hawthorn, only get 9 games at the G, just 3 more than Geelong get at their alternate 'away' ground.

Hawthorn also have 14/23 as 'away games'...but unlike Geelong they dont get their 9 home games at a fortress where no other teams play at.

Last edited:
Are Cat fans running with getting 6 'away' games at the MCG
You melbourne folk don't seem to understand this point.

A home game should be played at the home venue of the club in question. The away team shouldn't get a say in said venue.

We want to play all 11 games in Geelong. Hawthorn wants to play 7 MCG home games and 4 Tassie home games. The AFL ****s us all over because of the stupid contracts they sign with Docklands (in year 2000) and MCG (more recently) to guarantee games that have already been sold off interstate to Tassie, NT, Ballarat etc.

Are Cat fans running with getting 6 'away' games at the MCG, in addition to their 9 games at Cat Park, is a poor fixture 🤣🤣

A supposed "MCG tenant", Hawthorn, only get 9 games at the G, just 3 more than Geelong get at their alternate 'away' ground.

Hawthorn also have 14/23 as 'away games'...but unlike Geelong they dont get their 9 home games at a fortress where no other teams play at.

Geelong also haven’t sold four home games to Tasmania.

It’s a bit rich to complain that they don’t get enough home games at the ground when they’ve sold a massive chunk of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You melbourne folk don't seem to understand this point.

A home game should be played at the home venue of the club in question. The away team shouldn't get a say in said venue.
Do any Melbourne based clubs get all 11 home games at a single preferred home venue?

I will answer for you, none do.
We want to play all 11 games in Geelong. Hawthorn wants to play 7 MCG home games and 4 Tassie home games. The AFL *s us all over because of the stupid contracts they sign with Docklands (in year 2000) and MCG (more recently) to guarantee games that have already been sold off interstate to Tassie, NT, Ballarat etc.
Hawthorn only get 6 MCG home games, none of the 6 are against opponents who will only play 1 single game at the G that year.

Collingwood get the same number of home games at our preferred home ground as Geelong 9, again, unlike Geelong, none of the 9 are against opponents who will only play 1 single game at the G that year.

Geelong then play 6 'away' games at the same ground, no other club is given this leg up.

But Cats fans think they are hard done by and want an even bigger advantage 🤣🤣

Long spiel that. Failing to refute facts no less.
14/23 games are not in Geelong ergo. 14/23 games are away fixtures.

This is irrefutable.

Geelong also haven’t sold four home games to Tasmania.

It’s a bit rich to complain that they don’t get enough home games at the ground when they’ve sold a massive chunk of them.
Geelong "sell" home games to the MCG
Hawks "sell" home games to Tassie

I dont think you will find many Hawk fans who try to claim Tassie games as 'away' games...but that is what Cat fans put on, tis a bit rich innit.

As per nuffie Cat fans logic -
  • Hawthorn only have 9 games at the G ergo 14 of 23 are away games.
  • GC only have 9 games at Heritage ergo 14 of 23 are away games
  • GWS only have 8 games at Giants stadium ergo 15 of 23 are away games
  • Carlton only have 8 games at Marvel ergo 15 of 23 are away games

LoL coming from a Geelong fan

Geelong get 9 games at GHMBA against teams who only play once at the ground...the biggest home ground advantage in the entire league.

Geelong then also play 6 games at the MCG only 3 less than Hawthorn who are a supposed MCG tenant and 2 less than Essendon who are a co-tenant!!

Geelong should also be known as an MCG co-tenant, effectively giving them 15 games across GHMBA and the G, their two "home" grounds.

They have to be really shite to miss finals with that gift of a fixture.
Hawks would have more games in Melbourne…..
If they didn’t move them too Tassie?

Crows getting prime time slots for the missed Keays point is funny when they blew another 5-6 from terrible goal kicking before that game costing themselves as well.
Highest Scoring Team in the League last season…..
Fans and tv audiences love entertaining high scoring games!

That’s why they are being awarded prime time!

And why are both SA Teams playing away on the last Round….
Is Adelaide Oval Unavailable?

Attachments

• IMG_1445.png
    IMG_1445.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1444.png
    IMG_1444.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 36
Like Melbourne, Richmond etc.

Since 2000, no Victorian team plays all of its 11 home games at a single preferred home ground.

Yes but there’s a difference between (a) selling home games as a commercial arrangement and (b) being told by the league you have to play some of your home games elsewhere.

You can’t just put quotation marks around the word “sell” and pretend they’re the same thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture Full 2024 AFL fixture released. News and leaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back