Funniest thing you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

on almost footy legends.......siren had gone and everyone was heading off to the huddles..........a bloke had marked it on the siren from about 70 out........had a shot and it kept on bouncing and bounced through for a goal....

^^^^ Best thing about it was it was a Grand Final and the kick won the game

Although I wasn't alive for it, the footage of an elephant running loose at Arden St still gets a chuckle from me

Ferox said:
Justin Madden kicking the goal post from point blank range some years back (may already have been mentioned) - very unco;

Yep someone mentioned it earlier, but it wasn't Justin Madden. I'm pretty sure that was Percy Jones around 1979-80

Blues_Man said:
I can't remember what game it was and who between ..but i remember seeing a player tackle his own teammate which was quite humorous.
anybody else remember this incident ???

That would have been Melbourne vs Carlton 2003. Brad Miller threw himself on the player with the ball, who happend to be his teamate in Mathew Whelan..

He got "Tool Of The Week" that week.. and rightly so! It was pretty funny.

2003 v the Crows, McLeod snapped a point to put the Crows 1 pt up and the camera shows a little kid jumping up and down, 'We won, We won'. Damn I wish they went back to him when Taz slotted home the winner

Mark Bolton attempting to clean up Cam last year on ANZAC day and falling flat on his ass

James Hird running for his life in the opposite direction when a brawl starts

Nick Riewoldt admitting he was a druggie on the Footy Show last year

The crowd at a Ammos game a couple of years back. "Great decision ump, you wouldnt want my pie in the back of your head", The top 2 teams were playing and were set to play the following week in the finals, the Full forward had kicked about 9 goals, so they yelled to the fullback "Hope they let you play on him again next week"

Many classics from my umpiring, hard to keep track of them all, some teams always provide classics. The best stuff comes from behind the goals

The scoreboard catching on fire a couple years ago.

Dunstall kicking 17 against the tiges back in the day.

Grey haired Shaun Smith taking mark of the century at the gabba.

Danny Southern with some eagle in a sleeper hold.

Vanders kneeing some poor essendon bastard in the head.

Craig Kelly grabbing onto opp FF's nuts, ouch.

I'm sure i remember two brothers get into a fight on the field, can anyone clarify this? Can't remember who.

Geelong vs St. kilda a couple of years ago at kardinia park.

Geelong won by 122 pts.

At one stage st. kilda had the ball on their half forward flank looking to kick the ball inside their 50, without a geelong player touching it they moved the ball back down the feild and conceded a rushed behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was Peter Sumich. Was getting a heap of shyte from a fan behind the goals. Got a hand ball over the top and ran into an open goal and tried to barrel a torpedo straight at the fan.
The kick just missed but he tore his hammy in the process and had to go of the ground. The crowd had the "Sumich is a ********er" chant going

Funniest for me was a few years back when Corey McKernan had the ball in the goal square running into an open goal against Port Adelaide and he tried to kick the cover off it and it ended up going through for a point. Michael Wilson was standing there pointing and laughing his head off at him. :D

Jason or Cameron Cloke on a football field

David Cloke's embarassing and laughable performance on the footy show GF edition that year, I know it wasn't on a field but it deserves mention anyway because it was so hilarious seeing the big baboon make a fool of himself.

2002 in a local football game, the full back of Langwarrin chips it to himself on a kick out and takes on the FF, only to bounce the ball and have it fly back into the FF's hands, then resulting in a goal. Only to add to the 211pt margin ;)

Watching Hawthorn and Melbourne try and merge a few years ago only to maintain today that they are solvent. Great stuff. Can't wait for the AFL to stop supporting these clubs that can't support themselves. On a funnier note, watching Hawthorn move to that housing estate in Waverley. Especially when it still has no public transport and a freeway that takes an hour to get there in peak hour. It is actually quicker to get to Tasmania.

dees 4 life said:
2003 grand final. Deep in the lions grand final, ryce shaw running out of defence slips over, lynch picks up snaps and kicks a great goal and just gives him the big fist punch.... gee that was magic tv.

Gary Buckanara lining up for a line ball goal in the prelim. then a certain big irishman running across the mark. 25m penalty and it becomes a gimme.

mmm who was that man? ;)

Can't all you people play nicely for five minutes?

My funniest moments:
Sprinklers coming on during a Herald Shield game at Waverley cracked me up. I remember Trevor Laughlin lining up for a goal with water going everywhere.

Still on Waverley, the lights going out, St.K vs Ess, QB 1997

Teaser's suit for the 1977 Brownlow.

Blighty running into the open point and Steve McCann's face in bewilderment.

Just on that, Steve McCann's beard and socks.

Twiggy kicking a torp to tie the game, 1977 GF. Why a torp, ffs?

Ian Sartori doing an ankle running down the race.

Trevor Keogh shaping up to Mal Brown, SOO circa 1976.....Brown turning around and popping him one in the gob, and Keogh turning around and spitting out his teeth.

Slug Jordon's commentary when John Burke went spare at Lake Oval ("The boy's done well").

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest thing you have seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back