VFL Future direction - SANFL / AFL Reserves / PBs

The future of the Port Adelaide AFL reserves

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not a coincidence that they're announcing their intent straight after we did.
My hunch is that we've been working closely with the Crows on this for some time.

The funniest reading is all the crows blow-ins bleating about Port having bled the sanfl dry then running away.

Tell you what, let the sanfl repay us all the money they took in from us every week we played at home and we'll pay back the couple of so-called handouts we received and we'll finish well ahead. Arseclowns.

Thye have repaid it.

Youve spent it.

Simple

It's not a coincidence that they're announcing their intent straight after we did.
My hunch is that we've been working closely with the Crows on this for some time.
As usual they let us take the brunt of 'public opinion' then slide in when everyone has calmed down.

Funny how it has moved from a grand treachery to 'not a bad idea' ivernight.

As usual they let us take the brunt of 'public opinion' then slide in when everyone has calmed down.

Funny how it has moved from a grand treachery to 'not a bad idea' ivernight.

Yep, and I think that's ok by us.

Thye have repaid it.

Youve spent it.

Simple

my-goodness-what-an-idea.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when the sanfl had to sack the accountant they brought in to audit our finances because he found their parasitic business practices were unsustainable and ruining the club?

How about the $535 million put into the Adelaide Oval redevelopment by the SA Government? Did Port or the crows see any of that? If not for us it would never have gone ahead. What did the sanfl do with all the money bled from Port and the crows?

Speaking of the crows, news reports last night said they were coming with us to the VFL.
How many millions in distribution funds were handed to the SANFL clubs due to the profits made from AFL football at Footy Park and now Adelaide Oval.

They were/are a heavily resourced competition and organisation, living well beyond their own means, off the back of the money they pilfer off the 2 AFL clubs.

The overwhelming majority of the entire competitions revenue has been from their AFL deals since 1991.

The entire purpose of the Crows from the SANFL perspective was to build a cash cow that would pump money into the SANFL. They weren't concerned with prioritising success at that level, they were more absorbed by their own ignorance and focused on retaining the status of the SANFL. The same reason and naive thinking that took Port to actually shake things up and get the SA move into the AFL happening.

Honestly the Crows biggest failing is a club, is that they are so consumed by Port, that after many year of being absolutely taken for a ride by the SANFL with the stadium deal, they were still more focused on poor old Port. Instead of focusing on why their team that was selling out every week, packing the joint, wasn't and isn't a financial powerhouse.

Last edited:
Underestimating the hatred between the two clubs IMO, we basically don't talk at all from what I hear at nearly any level. They're sitting back, waiting, watching and loving that we're doing the heavy lifting as always.

Love the whole, gotta keep a Magpies/prison bars in the SANFL argument. Spin up a new team, etc.

****ing so many stupid people.

What the **** do all these nuffies think happened in 1997 when we created the Magpies out at Ethelton with $1Mill.

Fast forward 13 years and a club with our identity and supporter base was on its knees. What sort of fate awaits a new club that just wears black and white but has no supporters. It's such stupidity.

The SANFL stopping us from moving cleanly into the AFL in 1997 is the stupidest thing that ever happened, let alone the conditions they put on us. This move is so good damn overdue. It'll never erase the mistake that was the last 26 years in the SANFL, but it is a step towards where we should be.

Success at SANFL level and lack of it has nothing to do with this, it is about the priority for our club, an AFL club, to set ourselves up to win AFL flags.

Last edited:
How many millions in distribution funds were handed to the SANFL clubs due to the profits made from AFL football at Footy Park and now Adelaide Oval.

They were/are a heavily resourced competition and organisation, living well beyond their own means, off the back of the money they pilfer off the 2 AFL clubs.

The overwhelming majority of the entire competitions revenue has been from their AFL deals since 1991.

The entire purpose of the Crows from the SANFL perspective was to build a cash cow that would pump money into the SANFL. They weren't concerned with prioritising success at that level, they were more absorbed by their own ignorance and focused on retaining the status of the SANFL. The same reason naive thinking that took Port to actually shake things up and get the SA move into the AFL happening.

Honestly the Crows biggest failing is a club, is that they are so consumed by Port, that after many year of being absolutely taken for a ride by the SANFL with the stadium deal, they were still more focused on poor old Port. Instead of focusing on why their team that was selling out every week, packing the joint, wasn't and isn't a financial powerhouse.
Yet ironically the only time they achieved success was when the SANFL was bleeding them dry.

They are so conflicted

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's face it, their own ideas are unquestionably idiotic.

cef16ffe2fe9a38590805e3b67d5daf5

I get it why people dislike this, but I sincerely have no issue with that at all.

It's NOT the state guernsey. It just looks like it.

I actually would love to see them wearing it in Showdowns, to be honest.

I get it why people dislike this, but I sincerely have no issue with that at all.

I know, Schulzenfest.

This is one of those "Opinion You Have That Makes People Mad".

---

P.S.: I need to make a THREAD about it.

Last edited:

It can be summed up succinctly.

The Guernsey is a representative guernsey, it represents all of SA or all of our state competition members. Either way it is an inclusive guernsey. It's just stupid for 1 team in a club based competition to wear it, when they dont represent the state as a team or competition, and instead in wearing they divide that jumper from half the state it represents.

When that guernsey is worn, Port, Norwood, Sturt, North, Central's, etc fans should be able to stand there arm in arm supporting the same team. It should tear down the walls of club division and represent all of us. 1 club wearing it was never going to achieve that. Port supporters and SA AFL fans that follow other non-SA based clubs wouldn't either. So many SA legends have loved our state and worn that jumper and have no tie to the Crows and that sorta alienation was never going to be accepted.

It's quite frankly the most naive, ignorant decision made by a club ever and really highlighted the entitlement of the AFC.

The question for you to ask yourself is would you be happy if Gremio's arch rival wore the Brazillian national jumper against Gremio next time you play?

Last edited:
It can be summed up succinctly.

The Guernsey is a representative guernsey, it represents all of SA or all of our state competition members. Either way it is an inclusive guernsey. It's just stupid for 1 team in a club based competition to wear it, when they dont represent the state as a team or competition, and instead in wearing they divide that jumper from half the state it represents.
It'd be like Collingwood wearing the Big V against Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Future direction - SANFL / AFL Reserves / PBs

Back