List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22) :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22):crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023) :crossmark:
Lucas Rocca (2023) :crossmark:
Billy Longmire (2023) :crossmark:

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Dougie Cochrane (2026)
Kody Lecras (2026)
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:

He’ll end up a Swan. We are no chance. Better off coming to terms now than being disappointed later.
It shits me to tears that Aiden is listed as a Sydney Academy player. I'm a firm believer that Father/Son supersedes anything else.

The way our team is growing he'll want to be a part of it. Sheezel let him know they all wanted him there in his speech at the FS day. He'd be mad not to come
I hope you are right. We need a change of fortune as I'm not sure there's been an unluckier club when it comes to potential father-sons when you think about Blakey, Josh Kelly and i am sure there are a few more.

Here's another one for the sliding doors vault though.

Stuey was perfectly happy at Arden Street, we traded him in some misguided get the brother over move to net Michael Stevens. Who oddly seemed content to remain at Port himself.

So this superfluous, pointless trade cost Stuey the chance of 100 games with us and you know the rest.

Here's another one for the sliding doors vault though.

Stuey was perfectly happy at Arden Street, we traded him in some misguided get the brother over move to net Michael Stevens. Who oddly seemed content to remain at Port himself.

So this superfluous, pointless trade cost Stuey the chance of 100 games with us and you know the rest.
Always had a soft spot for Stuey thought he was a good player.

We can add that brother f*ck up to the "draft Shane Harvey instead of Aaron Davey", when will we learn.

Last edited:
Looks like we might have lost the Rocca boys to Collingwood. A real shame if it plays out that way.
When are they eligible?

If we're on the upward trajectory and pies are on a downward spiral it may become easier to sell Arden St.

When are they eligible?

If we're on the upward trajectory and pies are on a downward spiral it may become easier to sell Arden St.
Good point. giantroo will have a better idea than me of when he's eligible but I believe Sav's boy Marcus is 14 years old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did anyone end up watching those u16/u15 game replays of harro and demetriou a few pages back? if so, any thoughts on them as players?

im almost nuffy enough to watch those games. almost.

did anyone end up watching those u16/u15 game replays of harro and demetriou a few pages back? if so, any thoughts on them as players?

im almost nuffy enough to watch those games. almost.
Embrace your inner Nuffy, watch them and report back to the board.

Young Cochrane is also meant to be a chance to go Pick 1 in a year or two

Whilst we're bastardising the NGA rules again the club should propose to the AFL a move back to a 50 game threshold for father/sons. This may well gift Cochrane to the Power as well but we've lost far too many falling so short on the threshold.

Always had a soft spot for Stuey thought he was a good player.

We can add that brother f*ck up to the draft Shane Harvey instead of Aaron Davey, when will we learn.
Well Shane has 3 talented boys himself.

Well Shane has 3 talented boys himself.
I'm sure he does the Harvey family football talent is strong unfortunately it's no help to us a 3 games isn't going to cut it from a Father / Son perspective.

Last edited:
Whilst we're bastardising the NGA rules again the club should propose to the AFL a move back to a 50 game threshold for father/sons. This may well gift Cochrane to the Power as well but we've lost far too many falling so short on the threshold.
Given only 17% of players reach 100 games compared to 30% of players that reach 50 games I think there's some merit to this. If they can get the bidding system right clubs can get access to a Father / Son whilst also paying appropriate compensation.

It shits me to tears that Aiden is listed as a Sydney Academy player. I'm a firm believer that Father/Son supersedes anything else.
It is beyond ridiculous that there is even an option.

John Blakey played 359 games of VFL/AFL footy, 224 of them for us, including 2 premierships. Jason McCartney played over 100 games for us, including one of the most amazing, emotional come backs from a near death experience. Those families are Kangaroos through and through and football families through and through.

The Swans academy is the best place for their sons to develop their footy while their dads continued to be involved in footy in a non footy state, but that is all.

I get when the kids live in that city, play in the academy team, form bonds with friends and team mates they see graduating into the local team, that when their time comes they choose the Swans or whichever northern team. I can understand why Nick Blakey made that choice and if Aiden McCartney makes the same choice, it is something I can understand why a teenager would do, when it is an option.

But it needs to be remembered most kids don't have the option to choose to join the same AFL team as their mates in their home town.

If the player is also F/S eligible, it mean's his dad played at least 100 games of elite level footy, so like you said, that should supersede it all. You are not eligible to join the AFL team of your academy, you come from a football family, the academy had nothing to with you choosing footy over rugby league or whatever else. You are F/S eligible, so you can play for the team your old man played for or you can nominate for the draft like all other junior footballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back