Future Lions and Losing

Remove this Banner Ad

94_Eagles said:
At least Brisbane put their CentreLink benefits to good use and got 3 premierships out of it.

Nice job.

Cheers, we appreciate a Collingwood-esque cheap shot. You are sinking to new lows. Congrats. Oh wait, we are the 'sore losers'. Pffft :rolleyes:

MSB ROYS said:
Don't worry us Lions/Bears supporters are used to losing.

The Lions fans are frustrated that's all. Injuries to key players - especially down the spine have really hurt the team.

Try losing Gardiner, Cousins and Embley for a portion of the year when they are 3 of your best 5 players.... ok for Brisbane who have the $600k salary cap to buy depth in their squad.

The fact is Brisbane ARE bad losers... Martin Pike is the biggest sook of the lot.... I saw in the Inside Football someone complained that a certain player for Brisbane was having "Matthew Richardson" type tendencies and abusing his teammates and sulking whenever he didn't get a kick on his chest... don't have to be Einstein to see that it was Pike doing that all game. On top of that Pike's refusal to shake hands with any of the Eagles after the game and this guy tops it off for the biggest sook in the AFL. He already is the luckiest prick in the AFL to win 4 flags at 2 different clubs. He obviously thinks wins and premierships are owed to him because he is so special. Sore loser.

I have a lot of time for the brisbane lions as I think most genuine football fans do- people like Voss and Matthews are some of the greatest people ever associated with the game and its impossible not to respect and admire an outfit with the record of Brisbane and some of the quality people associated with the club. The only reason west coast fans (and presumably west coast players) are so stoked to get the result we did on the weekend was because there is an incredible buzz in seeing your team measure up against the best in the business.

Having said that, I was a bit taken aback by a few things after the final siren- Copeland doing his best to get Kerr reported, and Pike giving Hunter a mouthful when Hunter tried to shake his hand after the game. Both those things seemed pretty unsportsmanlike and surprising. No big deal really, but the Lions have lost a bit of esteem in my eyes.

Mead said:
I have a lot of time for the brisbane lions as I think most genuine football fans do- people like Voss and Matthews are some of the greatest people ever associated with the game and its impossible not to respect and admire an outfit with the record of Brisbane and some of the quality people associated with the club. The only reason west coast fans (and presumably west coast players) are so stoked to get the result we did on the weekend was because there is an incredible buzz in seeing your team measure up against the best in the business.

Having said that, I was a bit taken aback by a few things after the final siren- Copeland doing his best to get Kerr reported, and Pike giving Hunter a mouthful when Hunter tried to shake his hand after the game. Both those things seemed pretty unsportsmanlike and surprising. No big deal really, but the Lions have lost a bit of esteem in my eyes.
You always find the right words and put them together so well Meadster :)

Mead said:

Copeland also doing his best to get Kerr off at the tribunal......
(Mind you Kerr tests everyones patience, as your captain has shown.)

I don't profess to know the exact by play between Pike and Hunter during the match and what actually did pass between them I guess no one knows for sure, but it is disappointing when players don't shake hands after a game. That is an isolated incident, and extremely rare at the Lions.

I have yet to see where a Lions fan hasn't been gracious in defeat, all I have seen is fans flying the flag for their team members when they are being slandered by ignorant fools.

The Copleand incident seems to have been blown out of all proportion by a few West Coast supporters.I know you guys are stoked after a win,but don't carry on so much.

I think most Lions supporters have long memories and remember the bad old days of a few years ago.We are enjoying our good times knowing that we will again endure the tough times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Future Lions and Losing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back