Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is all this talk of next years draft possibly being a super draft? I've a read a little about net year, but it seems like most writers are trying to keep a lid on it and I haven't read anyone referring to it as a super draft.

I was thinking along the same lines yesterday. Re-sign Schache to a two or three year contract, and if he still wants to go, it increases our bargaining position.

For Schahce's sake, I would prefer him to be traded if he is staying because he feels guilty about letting the Lions down if he were to leave. I do not know if he could perform adequately if his heart and mind was in conflict somewhat.

Brett Anderson on SEN trading places segment yesterday. I'm sure you will be able to find it under the podcasts section.

In the future do we hold off offering a five year contract until they've played at least a couple of games?

In the future do we hold off offering a five year contract until they've played at least a couple of games?
You're thinking too passively. Before the draft make every potential draftee sign a five year contract that only comes into effect if drafted by the Brisbane Lions. Anyone who won't sign doesn't get drafted.

Same thing when he said Chris Fagan wasn't going to be our new coach and that John Barker would get the job.

"It was true at the time".

Just realised I was talking about Tony Sheahan. Get all these muckrakers confused after a while.

Last edited:
He's not worth his draft equivalent, but he's still worth close too it. Was great in 2016.
Think you guys (as you have many times in the past) will offer significantly more $ than his worth and will probably win the battle for him. Crazy that your club would pay huge $ for a 19 year old who had a good season the year before but has really struggled in the current year, BUT, you are The Tige's!!!
I personally would not be asking for Rioli, rather go for someone like Astbury who is a big body with a proven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazes me how a muckraker like Sam McClure has been thrust into this ubiquitous media role without an iota of credibility.

His old man was a reputed sports journalist who died just over 5 years ago

McClure also went to Xavier..... a number of his fellow alumni are very influential in the AFL world.

I've heard they bought Schache a lifetime German club membership and that's got him over the line.
So about $500 huh? That would seal it.

Love all the "Schache would be the perfect fit for *random Victorian club* but they will be loathe to give up a high first round pick" analysis.

A perfect encapsulation of the current status quo. Feeder club hurrah!

That is the thing that irks me most about the whole saga. Vic clubs will chase our young blokes, offer them the world as far as contract goes and expect us to trade them for peanuts.

Love all the "Schache would be the perfect fit for *random Victorian club* but they will be loathe to give up a high first round pick" analysis.

A perfect encapsulation of the current status quo. Feeder club hurrah!

Yeah if it was the other way around it would be 'they won't have the picks to satisfy *insert power club here*' ... they not only want to steal our players, it is assumed by media covering it, they will be approaching it with the mentality of 'not wanting to pay for it'. lol

Yeah if it was the other way around it would be 'they won't have the picks to satisfy *insert power club here*' ... they not only want to steal our players, it is assumed by media covering it, they will be approaching it with the mentality of 'not wanting to pay for it'. lol

Speaking of us losing quality players for peanuts, I notice that AFL.com.au has Yeo and Docherty in their mid-season All Australian team today. Just awesome being a Lions supporter right now.

Speaking of us losing quality players for peanuts, I notice that AFL.com.au has Yeo and Docherty in their mid-season All Australian team today. Just awesome being a Lions supporter right now.

... because we can feel proud of our awesome development skills and ability to pick excellent players in the draft.

just don't talk about the war retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back