Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I can appreciate the need for indigenous leadership, I don’t think we need to make a decision around somebody based on whether or not they are indigenous due to a lack of mentors. We aren’t culturally in the same situation we were three or four years ago.

Jamarra is a young star, an amazing representation for indigenous communities and there will be a line of people who want to play with him in the years to come.

Liam Jones is a very professional and strong minded indigenous fella and absolutely provides a safe haven for potential indigenous prospects in the future with his leadership.

Arthur Jones is an embodiment of a lot that we love about indigenous community within the AFL.

Whilst I can appreciate the need for indigenous leadership, I don’t think we need to make a decision around somebody based on whether or not they are indigenous due to a lack of mentors. We aren’t culturally in the same situation we were three or four years ago.

Jamarra is a young star, an amazing representation for indigenous communities and there will be a line of people who want to play with him in the years to come.

Liam Jones is a very professional and strong minded indigenous fella and absolutely provides a safe haven for potential indigenous prospects in the future with his leadership.

Arthur Jones is an embodiment of a lot that we love about indigenous community within the AFL.
I understand what you're saying but two of those players are young and have played less than 50 games. It's a big responsibility to put on their shoulders. Let them be young and carve out a career first.

OK mate, I believe you. Looking forward to Dew coaching with us and Lobb being at the Saints in 2024.
Its just what i was told mate by someone i speak to. Personally i have no idea other than that. 😂 😂 😂

If its wrong, not my fault. 😂

Its just what i was told mate by someone i speak to. Personally i have no idea other than that. 😂 😂 😂

If its wrong, not my fault. 😂

Still appreciate the inside word, but as we should be aware it’s a dynamic environment, and perhaps we were close to a deal but something else was on offer, either to Dew or us.

The Lade appointment has really hamstrung us. He was at a poor saints team prior to coming over to us. I agree I'd take clarke or someone within that Collingwood coaching setup in a heart beat

The Lade appointment has really hamstrung us. He was at a poor saints team prior to coming over to us. I agree I'd take clarke or someone within that Collingwood coaching setup in a heart beat
Not sure how it’s hamstrung us at all, I mean we still have 3 positions to fill. It hasn’t effected us in the slightest.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not huge on Lade and wasn’t last year, but he has been an assistant coach for 13 years and is pretty well regarded in industry, he must be doing something right.

Not sure how it’s hamstrung us at all, I mean we still have 3 positions to fill. It hasn’t effected us in the slightest.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not huge on Lade and wasn’t last year, but he has been an assistant coach for 13 years and is pretty well regarded in industry, he must be doing something right.
I'm sure he's not cheap and would want a decent role meaning it's harder to get a better line coach over to be Bevos 2IC.

Can we seriously stop questioning integrity of ‘ITK’ posters for the sake of this forum? I couldn’t give a * if their rumours don’t eventuate, but they at least give us some discussion points. If it wasn’t for them we’d have no idea of any rumours. Last thing we need is for these people to stop posting (Eg. Fronk). If you’re going and putting your life savings on these rumours being true then that’s on you
Trouble is, some people do hear things from good sources, and then there are others who make emphatic statements which turn out to be wishful thinking.

I'm sure he's not cheap and would want a decent role meaning it's harder to get a better line coach over to be Bevos 2IC.
If clubs can afford multiple ex senior coaches on the panel I’d really hope having Lade would not be restricting us at all, if we still can’t attract anyone decent this year it’s not financial it’s that no one wants to come here to be honest

It isn't just a coincidence that Tim English went berserk this year and we had just appointed Brendon Lade. Same with Jordon Sweet to a lesser degree.

Lade did an interview during last year's trade radio with Sarah Olle and Riley Beveridge. I highly recommend people listen to it if they can track it down.

People used to bag Gia while he was an assistant with us despite him winning awards and being highly rated in the industry
He’s one that immediately came to mind for me too.

He was a frustrating player so people probably just made assumptions. Plenty wanted him sacked but he keeps getting in the mix for senior jobs. Obviously did something right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My crackpot theory of how we should handle this situation:

If he is refusing to take a severance as rumoured then instead use that money to get Bob to come back from WA as an Assistant coach/apprentice, then get Bevo to mentor him for next year (maybe the last 2 years left on his contract) and then put Bob in as head coach.

Yes Bob has major role at Freo and it’s not just as simple as this. There is little to no chance it will happen, but a man can dream…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It isn't just a coincidence that Tim English went berserk this year and we had just appointed Brendon Lade. Same with Jordon Sweet to a lesser degree.

Lade did an interview during last year's trade radio with Sarah Olle and Riley Beveridge. I highly recommend people listen to it if they can track it down.
What did he say?

What about some credit to Stef Martin??

He wanted to get his hands on English and Sweet because he's observed them throughout their careers and thinks he can guide them on a few areas. Later said it was physicality and belief.

That's a quick summary off the top of my head.

Both had their most successful seasons as well

Watching AFL 360. Ross Lyon and Chris Scott are on. The contrast between how they talk about the game and articulate compared to bevo is stark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back