Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see us winning all these.

• We were smashed with injuries and nearly took Sydney.
  • Port are all over the place.
  • Dees are all over the place.
  • North should be wins.
  • Giants are more up and down than us, and we're luck to be as close as they were last game.
  • Crows are shit (we'll prob lose)
  • Cats have our number, but the last match should've been a win.
  • Blues are playing well.

IF the team plays to its capabilities, which we always seem to do later in the year, then we can win 7+ of these games. Injuries cruelled us for the last few weeks, but we're getting them back. See the difference Flea made! Now add to that Darcy, Naughts, Coff, Harmes was killing it, Keath was playing well. Think we'll be good.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
"IF the team plays to its capabilities, which we always seem to do later in the year"
I haven't checked the stats but it doesn't feel like that over the last few seasons.

"IF the team plays to its capabilities, which we always seem to do later in the year"
I haven't checked the stats but it doesn't feel like that over the last few seasons.
Yeah. But at least the last 6 games have been very good bar Brisbane. Feels like our most consistent for ages. Add a lot of injured guns coming back now there is at least a chance

Mick Malthouse coached our club exactly through my high school years where I devotedly sat under his special coaches box every week. Mick had a special ability to coaches rougues and ratbags from Footscray to West Coast and Collingwood. A real father figure to these players. Doug Hawkins still speaks glowingly of Mick. Bevo doesn’t seem to have this ability. He’d rather get rid of them than turn them around. To see premiership hero’s Dalhaus, Stringer and Hunter finish their careers at another club hurts. They may be dickheads and it’s all on them, but is Bevo too middleclass to help or understand these blokes? Now Garcia just disappears??? With no communication, what’s happening here? Can he do what Geelong was able to do with Stengle?

Mick Malthouse coached our club exactly through my high school years where I devotedly sat under his special coaches box every week. Mick had a special ability to coaches rougues and ratbags from Footscray to West Coast and Collingwood. A real father figure to these players. Doug Hawkins still speaks glowingly of Mick. Bevo doesn’t seem to have this ability. He’d rather get rid of them than turn them around. To see premiership hero’s Dalhaus, Stringer and Hunter finish their careers at another club hurts. They may be dickheads and it’s all on them, but is Bevo too middleclass to help or understand these blokes? Now Garcia just disappears??? With no communication, what’s happening here? Can he do what Geelong was able to do with Stengle?
Garcia's last game was the Brisbane game. We got belted in an area that he had some responsibility for. Is there a chance that he's not playing on form and/or what he brings or doesn't bring to the midfield dynamic? It could be that simple.

Garcia's last game was the Brisbane game. We got belted in an area that he had some responsibility for. Is there a chance that he's not playing on form and/or what he brings or doesn't bring to the midfield dynamic? It could be that simple.
He’d been playing very good. What the team needs too, I reckon premiership teams always have mongrel campaigners in them, not just full of ‘nice’ footballers.

what do you mean garcia disapears?

what do you mean garcia disapears?
He went from being in our best to not even an emergency. He was down as ‘omitted’ with no explanation, nothing said about it for two weeks. Bevo on Monday clarified why, but it took 2 weeks, we as the members had no idea why one of our fiercest young players who was playing well just got ‘omitted’??

He went from being in our best to not even an emergency. He was down as ‘omitted’ with no explanation, nothing said about it for two weeks. Bevo on Monday clarified why, but it took 2 weeks, we as the members had no idea why one of our fiercest young players who was playing well just got ‘omitted’??
This idea that Beveridge has to explain each and every single team selection decision especially when it's a player that, accepting that he might have had first-appears good game immediately before being dropped, is not an established best 22 player by any means, is bizarre. Thinking we're entitled to an explanation is not right. Especially when the realistic alternate team balance decision (dropping Sanders) was also a thing that has come under criticism this season - he'd realistically have to drop one or the other - and we can't have it both ways.

geez, I thought you meant he walked out on the club.

1719982309773.png

This idea that Beveridge has to explain each and every single team selection decision especially when it's a player that, accepting that he might have had first-appears good game immediately before being dropped, is not an established best 22 player by any means, is bizarre. Thinking we're entitled to an explanation is not right. Especially when the realistic alternate team balance decision (dropping Sanders) was also a thing that has come under criticism this season - he'd realistically have to drop one or the other - and we can't have it both ways.
When a player who is going really well gets omitted and doesn’t even get an emergency, and then doesn’t get explained, is not treating the members and fans very well. A quick simple explanation would stop people saying all sorts of crap like he had a strike, or he toured Geelong etc. It was that strange he wasn’t playing. As we found out Bevo said the ‘holding the ball’ interpretation had got to him. We understand, rumours get put to rest. Good to hear but a few weeks too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geez, I thought you meant he walked out on the club.
Well not yet.

But we are the Bulldogs. So as soon as one of our players is omitted from the seniors the germalists are scrambling to find when that player's contract ends and then running with the line that he might be looking at his options ...

Not sure if Landsberger is credible or not, but has said on Midweek Tackle that Bevo is as safe as houses and doesn't think finals are a necessity for Bevo to coach next year.

He's sucked me back in, If we have a good opening month next year I'd offer him an extension.

Yeah he's won me back too. It didn't take much but it's just the vibe. I'm enjoying watching us play again. We were poor against Brisbane but we were magnificent against Freo and Sydney (should have beaten the Swans). We are playing entertaining footy again and that's enough to keep me content.

Not sure if Landsberger is credible or not, but has said on Midweek Tackle that Bevo is as safe as houses and doesn't think finals are a necessity for Bevo to coach next year.

He's sucked me back in, If we have a good opening month next year I'd offer him an extension.
It was always in Bevo court
Club has always backed him

Garcia was dropped so he could adjust to the new umpiring ruling in the VFL
Had two weeks in a row of 3+ free kicks against
It's fine to adjust the rules, but it shouldn't be done mid-season

Yeah he's won me back too. It didn't take much but it's just the vibe. I'm enjoying watching us play again. We were poor against Brisbane but we were magnificent against Freo and Sydney (should have beaten the Swans). We are playing entertaining footy again and that's enough to keep me content.
Something has changed with Bevo. In a fundamental way. He does look a very different person, almost like the Bevo of 2015-16.

He's either had a Road to Damascus moment, or the benefits of the off-season review and the role changes are really starting to come through. Probably a bit of both. I'm not convinced the side's renaissance is 100% his doing, but hey we blamed him for everything when it was going bad so I'm happy to give him most of the credit while it's going well.

Like the lover who has been cheated on I'm not sure I'll ever fully trust him again or regain that whole-hearted trust that followed the heady days of 2016. But for now I'm happy to be reconciled, slip between the sheets and enjoy it while it lasts.

Like the lover who has been cheated on I'm not sure I'll ever fully trust him again or regain that whole-hearted trust that followed the heady days of 2016. But for now I'm happy to be reconciled, slip between the sheets and enjoy it while it lasts.

Each day, we come closer to just bringing back the erotic fiction thread

Im waiting for geelong at geelong. bev has been a long time burning my bridge, and its going to take something more tangible to win me back.

everyone should be 'up' for that game, and we should have a pretty full list to choose from (fingers crossed).

no excuses. show us what we learned. I want to see Scott in the coaches interview after the game looking like he just sucked on a lemon filled with shit.

Im waiting for geelong at geelong. bev has been a long time burning my bridge, and its going to take something more tangible to win me back.

everyone should be 'up' for that game, and we should have a pretty full list to choose from (fingers crossed).

no excuses. show us what we learned. I want to see Scott in the coaches interview after the game looking like he just sucked on a lemon filled with shit.

I want to see Scott crying and begging for mercy as we kick out to a 100-point lead. "Bevo, please stop mate, we're already dead. Call your boys off. This is humiliating." And then Bevo just smirks as Cody Weightman draws yet another off the ball free kick (his 15th for the match) and kicks the goal to put us 106 points up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back